Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do these packages usually run you guys in shipping on average? Or to make it easier whats the least you paid and the most you paid? examples being an average sized 120 oz of beer package to a neighboring state...or a big monster with a bunch of bombers across the coast? Just looking to get an idea since i hope to start trading soon! :rockin::rockin:

ForumRunner_20130717_152434.png
Wrong pic.

Dave37 said:
What do these packages usually run you guys in shipping on average? Or to make it easier whats the least you paid and the most you paid? examples being an average sized 120 oz of beer package to a neighboring state...or a big monster with a bunch of bombers across the coast? Just looking to get an idea since i hope to start trading soon! :rockin::rockin:

Here's an example. Hope it helps.
The above package that I sent to FermentNEthinG weighed 21 lbs, measured 27x15x12 and was shipped from Texas to New York. With my FedEx account it was 16.19 for shipping.
Best advice is to setup a FedEx account online. It's free and you start saving on shipping right away. If you ship through a FedEx/Kinkos or FedEx Office location you could pay a couple dollars to ten dollars more. And if you go to just a mom and pop shipping store,(the ones that do FedEx, UPS, etc.) you could even pay double. Someone from FedEx just recently told me that there's no cap on the amount those places can charge you over the actual shipping price. And I've seen it first hand by calling around checking prices.

My experience using UPS has been about $10 on the low end (a few bottles) up to $30 for a big one going almost to the west coast.

I know you can save a bunch using USPS, but haven't used them since as bad a UPS can be, for me the USPS drivers are even worse in care of packages.

Wow ok thanks guys I really appreciate it. I hope my next post on the thread will be more on topic. I.e a picture of some awesome brew that was delivered to my door. Possibly from one of you fine gents. :mug: :rockin:

Cheers.

WesleyS said:
Here's an example. Hope it helps.
The above package that I sent to FermentNEthinG weighed 21 lbs, measured 27x15x12 and was shipped from Texas to New York. With my FedEx account it was 16.19 for shipping.
Best advice is to setup a FedEx account online. It's free and you start saving on shipping right away. If you ship through a FedEx/Kinkos or FedEx Office location you could pay a couple dollars to ten dollars more. And if you go to just a mom and pop shipping store,(the ones that do FedEx, UPS, etc.) you could even pay double. Someone from FedEx just recently told me that there's no cap on the amount those places can charge you over the actual shipping price. And I've seen it first hand by calling around checking prices.

Wesley, are you saying if I print my mailing label online and tape it to my box, and drop it off at a FedEx/Kinkos that it will be less than if I take my box to FedEx/Kinkos and have them print the label?

sfrisby said:
Wesley, are you saying if I print my mailing label online and tape it to my box, and drop it off at a FedEx/Kinkos that it will be less than if I take my box to FedEx/Kinkos and have them print the label?

Yes. As long as you set up an account on the FedEx website. I think you start out with a 16% discount, but as you ship more it gets to be a greater discount.

My experience using UPS has been about $10 on the low end (a few bottles) up to $30 for a big one going almost to the west coast.

I know you can save a bunch using USPS, but haven't used them since as bad a UPS can be, for me the USPS drivers are even worse in care of packages.

Yup I've paid anywhere from $10 to $35. I do like to ship USPS large flat rate boxes when possible (about $15) so that the shipment doesn't take so long! I have had pretty good luck with them so far usually you can fit 8-10 beers in them including 2-3 bombers. One usps that I shipped to MTate37 broke or was leaking. Also one that I sent to Mcbaumannerb via UPS broke (hole in the can somehow). But 95% + have survived so that's pretty good. I've also received 2 broken ones myself (one was a sour). Most of the time there are no issues though.

Wow ok thanks guys I really appreciate it. I hope my next post on the thread will be more on topic. I.e a picture of some awesome brew that was delivered to my door. Possibly from one of you fine gents. :mug: :rockin:

Cheers.

I bet it will be ;) :rockin:

Shipped uniondr's package out this morning. Enjoy when they arrive.

What happened to all the pictures? I would think this is just some other ordinary thread... :(

I got that vial of 3726-PC yeast from Gabe on Monday in a trade and it's chugging away. I'm about 60 hours in on the stir plate this morning and I finally have a big thick foamy krausen on top! Now I need to step it up once more so I can pitch it this weekend.

Most importantly here are some pictures :D

IMG_20130718_070734_296.jpg

IMG_20130718_070729_768.jpg

I got that vial of 3726-PC yeast from Gabe on Monday in a trade and it's chugging away. I'm about 60 hours in on the stir plate this morning and I finally have a big thick foamy krausen on top! Now I need to step it up once more so I can pitch it this weekend.

that looks nice :D

Is it smelling ok now? I'm guessing what you smelled before was dead yeast. :(

I shipped USPS priority, but it ended up taking a week. :(

Shipped uniondr's package out this morning. Enjoy when they arrive.

I'm surprised to say the least! I'll get some pics when they come in. i'm really behind on my Brewvision videos,so I might even add it to one of them.
Now where's that darn tripod?...:mug: It's been an interesting week. My Berlin Wheat pm kit from midwest (1st batch anyway) tastes great,like a cross between Paulaner Hefe & a Franziskaner weisebier to me. A lil hazy after settling,it tastes better to me without the trub stirred up & added. Simple,cheap priced wheat beer where pm & haulertauer hops really makes it. On another good note,my "easy yeast washing" article was excepted by Tex,so that's a year free for me!! HOORAH!

Is it smelling ok now? I'm guessing what you smelled before was dead yeast. :(

I shipped USPS priority, but it ended up taking a week. :(

Yep smells better now I'd be willing to bet that you're right on and the dead yeast is what I smelled. At least the live yeast are fighting thru the wort sugars now. Not sure what was up with USPS that time no worries though I'm the one that asked for it to come Priority mail!

Now I'll just have to add some more fresh wort to it tonight to keep them yeasties growing.

Edit: It's about time you try the Saison I sent ya too don't you think?

Yep smells better now I'd be willing to bet that you're right on and the dead yeast is what I smelled. At least the live yeast are fighting thru the wort sugars now. Not sure what was up with USPS that time no worries though I'm the one that asked for it to come Priority mail!

Now I'll just have to add some more fresh wort to it tonight to keep them yeasties growing.

Edit: It's about time you try the Saison I sent ya too don't you think?

I did. Posted in the alchy thread...

I haven't had a drink all day. Anyone need a ride home?

No way u take days off?? I keep trying to but I just seem to have had it by 5 o'clock and I NEED one lol

Almost...almost. I had a bad, bad craving for a BP Sculpin. So, I cracked one open last night around 8 p.m.

Guys, I just had to share this with everyone:

Found this mystery box on my doorstep today when I arrived home:

View attachment 136106

It was filled with these tasty looking beers from two unknown (to me) Illinois breweries:

View attachment 136108

My suspicions were confirmed by PM; this box was sent by TheMan himself! I was the guy in Round 1 of the Local Swap-a-rama whose sender... Had other priorities... And Justin didn't want me to go without! Thanks Justin, you ARE TheMan, and this:

dotJerdot said:
The spirit of these swaps are generosity and what is awesome in your local area.

Says it all!

Cheers! :mug: :mug: :mug:

Guys, I just had to share this with everyone:

Found this mystery box on my doorstep today when I arrived home:

It was filled with these tasty looking beers from two unknown (to me) Illinois breweries:

My suspicions were confirmed by PM; this box was sent by TheMan himself! I was the guy in Round 1 of the Local Swap-a-rama whose sender... Had other priorities... And Justin didn't want me to go without! Thanks Justin, you ARE TheMan, and this:

Says it all!

Cheers! :mug: :mug: :mug:

Now that is sweeeeet I guess he is the man :rocking:

Latest posts

Back