Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I remember the 20+ year drought :(

And then Don Majkowski got GB to 10-6 in I think '91 :)

I don't think there is really a town in Tenn. named, "Sisterf@ck".

That would be crazy. I think the mayor would call some sort of town hall meeting and have it changed if there was.

Actually, I think the name was changed to Sisterf@ck from Pigf@ck

Oh how soon they forget the Lynn Dickey years... *sigh*

I lived through the Lynn Dickey years. That was a hulluvan offense. Too bad the defense in those years was high-school level at best. But Dickey was actually very good. Even James Lofton gave him props in his HOF induction speech, along with Jim Kelly.

How about Ochodraw coveragecinco. Who cares about the receptions, so long as someone is covering him. I like to see single coverage on Branch, Welker, Gronk, et al.
Goooooooooooo pats!

Crap I would like to see that. Watching the Penguins atmo. I picked Atlanta to win the NFC this year. They have made me look stupid so far. I still think there is a good team there somewhere.

Pats D is freakin terrible and they'll gonna get crushed
In the playoffs.

A large majority of the stops they had yesterday were mostly due to Sanchez suckin' somethin fierce.

Trying the old reverse-jinx, eh?

The pass defense, yes. They need the young safeties to get better in a hurry, and if they aren't going to get better they need to bring in someone like a Darren Sharper to stabilize the situation (which I think would be a good idea, regardless).

The rush defense has been decent. Not great, but decent. They're about middle-of-the-pack among all NFL teams, but it *looks* like it's been better these past two weeks (against teams that really wanted to run the ball, and that usually have success doing do). Shonne Green's a pretty decent running back, but he didn't break anything for more than nine yards, and he only got what, about eighty yards on twenty-some carries? McFadden had one great run, but otherwise they kept him mostly in check.

It's not Ravens-in-their-peak good, but it's been acceptable even without Mayo in there.

The pass defense, though... yikes. That's why they've got to keep feeding the ball to Benny, just slow the game down and give the other team fewer possessions. Kind of exactly like what happened yesterday.

No reverse jinx at all... just being honest after watching them for 5 games. They're not getting better and the only reason the Pats had "success" in terms of years and three-and-outs yesterday was that the Jets offense is horrific.

The Jets had more than a few third downs tanked because either Sanchez hit guys dead center in the hands and the ball was somehow not caught or he had some sort of seizure and the ball sailed 16 feet over a wide-open receiver's head.

They are getting ZERO pressure in the backfield. None. Zilch. I specifically watched Haynesworth when he was in (which was quite a bit... even after his mysterious injury... he was back in only a couple of plays later). He got double teamed for a good chunk of the first quarter and then the Jets said screw it and left one guy on him. Wilfork gets double covered so where the F are the ends??? If you give a QB that sucks even half a percentage point less than Sanchez, they're going to sit back there and pick apart that secondary.

I keep waiting for the D to get better and it ain't happenin'.

Gotta say that philly has to be the biggest surprise this year. What the hell is their problem? Maybe something to do with a O coordinator running the D? Maybe?

dataz722 said:
Gotta say that philly has to be the biggest surprise this year. What the hell is their problem? Maybe something to do with a O coordinator running the D? Maybe?

I think it's the same sort of thing that happened to Pittsburgh. All the talent in the skills positions but doesn't mean squat if you are getting beat at the line of scrimmage. Plus Vick sucks, sorry... Not really.

Buffalo's a shock. Detroit, not so much - you knew that Suh was a beast and that Stafford was really good when healthy. But, I don't remember anyone (including you, Dataz) predicting that Buffalo would be this good.

****, I don't know a single Bills fan who went into this season with any hope! It's not like they made any dramatic offseason moves. Hell, the offseason move they made that got the most notice was unloading one of their best players (Lee Evans). Things have just began clicking for them, and it's not all that clear (at least to me) why it's happening in 2011 but it didn't happen in 2010.

EDIT: The only thing I'd say, Fitzy did show that he could wing the ball a bit last year, and the Bills could score. Still, they went into the draft seriously thinking QB - if Cam Newton happened to fall, they would have pounced and not thought twice. There was a lot of talk in Bills-land about Luck. Not too many people thought Fitz would be as good this year as he's been.

Jesus the Pats have an easy schedule from here on out...

Cowboys... Steelers??? Mehhh....

Giants.. Jets... mehhh..

Cheifs, Eagles, Colts, redskins, Broncos, Dolphins... bleeeeaaaaachhchch

Buffalo's a shock. Detroit, not so much - you knew that Suh was a beast and that Stafford was really good when healthy. But, I don't remember anyone (including you, Dataz) predicting that Buffalo would be this good.

****, I don't know a single Bills fan who went into this season with any hope! It's not like they made any dramatic offseason moves. Hell, the offseason move they made that got the most notice was unloading one of their best players (Lee Evans). Things have just began clicking for them, and it's not all that clear (at least to me) why it's happening in 2011 but it didn't happen in 2010.

EDIT: The only thing I'd say, Fitzy did show that he could wing the ball a bit last year, and the Bills could score. Still, they went into the draft seriously thinking QB - if Cam Newton happened to fall, they would have pounced and not thought twice. There was a lot of talk in Bills-land about Luck. Not too many people thought Fitz would be as good this year as he's been.

I didn't predict it but I am not shocked either. I would have without a doubt said they wouldn't be in last place though. Over the last two years they have had a horrible record but for the most part were right in every game. They were just losing them by 1 or 2 points. Thats why I am not too shocked.

Cape Brewing said:
Jesus the Pats have an easy schedule from here on out...

Cowboys... Steelers??? Mehhh....

Giants.. Jets... mehhh..

Cheifs, Eagles, Colts, redskins, Broncos, Dolphins... bleeeeaaaaachhchch

The Pats kinda has the Steelers number. Depends on which team ya get. Wallace, Brown, etc could do some damage on Pats D.

You and Dataz could do some damage on the Pats D.... and that's sayin' something since Dataz doesn't get around too well on his mafia-busted-you-gonna-pay-us-our-money knee and purple camo outfit.... and you're... well.. a 15 year old.

I promise I wont make a habit of it but I have a serious question. My Steelers board is having a bit of an argument about Mendenhall. What do you guys think about him as an outsider?

He is definitely an idiot. I am talking about on the field though. Thought that would be obvious. My fault.

Megatron

nfl_a_calvinj_sy_668.jpg

Back