Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the team not trailing at the end of the fourth quarter usually wins, as does the team who scores the most points.

Can you dream up a stupider stat?

_

Stupider? Glad to see the education system in TN is giving you your money's worth. Best ten bucks you guys ever spent. :cross::p

Just an FYI....a really cool record is coming.

When the Packers beat the Rams and don't trail in the 4th quarter, they will be the first team in NFL history to win 12 games in a row without ever trailing in the 4th quarter.....no da bears didn't do it in 85 and the Dolphins didn't do it in 72 and the Patriots didn't a couple years ago.

GO PACK GO!!!

Who the bless cares. Anyone could come up with some sort of screwy stat or record for every single game.

(yawn) They could trade Jesus Christ to the Sox and I'm not sure that would make me watch the Red Sox more often.

"There's ANOTHER home run for Jesus!!! That'll put him at 135 hits for 135 plate appearances with 135 home runs!!! This guy is onnnnnn FIRE!"

If it wasn't about the $$ he would stay in MKE where he knows the team will be competitive, his best friend is (Weeks), and his family feels comfortable in a very supportive city.

He is going to go to the highest bidder. I don't blame him at all, I just think that is what will happen.

That could be arranged. Question is do we put the urn between the 1918 and 2004 WS championship trophies or to the right of the 2007 one, since she's joining the roster for the 2012 season :D.

Brewers can't get close to the offers that'll be coming so that's a foregone conclusion. But if team A offer is close to team B offer, he might choose the better chance to win a championship with less drama going on. This from the X-MLB talking heads this morning on ESPN. Not specific to Fielder but recruiting free agents in general may be troublesome for the Sox until the dust settles. Me? I'd probably whore to the highest too.

That's it. I'm outta MLB and back to NFL here.

I don't see the Sox going after Fielder, honestly. Ownership has come out recently talking specifically about the lack of success they've had with big-name free agents, which sure sounds like core to me for "keep your expectations in check."

The new GM's going to be focused primarily on unloading guys like Lackey. They're also a lot more likely to end up shelling out for Papelbon now, since Daniel Bard suddenly sucks.

In any case, I think they're going through a quasi-rebuilding phase (hopefully not too far off from the Patriot's version of "rebuilding," though).

Yankees aren't going to go for him either. No big market teams in for him will keep his value down. The Yankees' money is going towards pitching this year, and since Tex is a WAY better fielder than Fielder (hehehe), there's no place for him. He's going to command too much money just to be an American League DH.

Who the bless cares. Anyone could come up with some sort of screwy stat or record for every single game.

maybe so...but there are about a dozen teams that have 11 wins in a row without trailing in the fourth quarter...no one has broken that barrier. And the bookies love this kind of stat.........

and to wildwest, yeah, it's stupider...but maybe your White County education (or wherever)didn't teach you to read so well....I said NEVER trailed in the fourth quarter, not at the end....must be a Yogi fan...90% of the putts left short don't go in.:fro:

No, they don't. Don't don't give a damn about he is leading in the 4th qtr. They have already made or taken all their bets at that point.

BS...you can get a bet in Vegas at any time in a game on just about any part of the game remaining. It's not a bet as to who wins, but who covers the spread, or who scores next, or whatever...they give a damn about every little stat and whatever.

Yankees aren't going to go for him either. No big market teams in for him will keep his value down. The Yankees' money is going towards pitching this year, and since Tex is a WAY better fielder than Fielder (hehehe), there's no place for him. He's going to command too much money just to be an American League DH.

He won't be a DH. Not sure where he will end up, but he has made it very clear that he intends to play defense.

Oh blow it out your azz...

if you had a third grade reading comprehension level you would have noticed me saying in multiple spots that I haven't watched baseball in two years. I have just completely lost interest in the sport and don't find it interesting to watch at all... whether the Sox are playing well... which they did last year and for about 85% of this year.... Uhh... I think they had the best record in the AL for most of the year didn't they??

I just think it is a painfully boring game.

We get bored waiting for Sun-Mon. Once MLB is done we can pretty much guarantee there won't be any NBA chatter going on here. Even if there was no lockout. :D

And I never talk hockey

I'm interested to see how the San Fran / Detroit game goes. Although not televised here and I'm not that interested to venture out and find it. The homer in me thinks SF may give the Lions a run for their money.

I think San Fran will be Detroit's best test so far. A win will give D the confidence to go against anyone. I'm not really up on SF, preferring to spend my interest in Division football.

There can't possibly be anyone picking the Cowboys this weekend is there??

Last time Brady lost a regular season game at Gillette was something like 2006.... and the Cowboys are terrible and the Pats are awesome.

Last time Brady lost a regular season game at Gillette was something like 2006.... and the Cowboys are terrible and the Pats are awesome.

.... Cape, you know you're my boy, but I've got to call a bull**** flag on any Pats record/streak that involves *regular season* home games. They're all completely null and void after that monstrosity in the playoffs last year. It's not QUITE a bad as "Oooo, the Packers have never trailed with 45 minutes of a 60 minute game played!," but it makes me cringe every time I hear something about a Patriots home record with that "regular season" disclaimer.

EDIT: And I know you're exaggerating. It just makes me cringe whenever the announced say something about a Pats home streak that ignores the Jets game.

Cape Brewing said:

Honestly I didnt pick the Cowboys but its a classic trap game. Those are the type of teams that beats the Pats. Like the Browns a little while back. Ill be a Cowboy fan for 4 hours even though I hate then as much as anyone.

It ain't a trap game, though. The Cowboys are much better this year, especially on D, and they know it.

With that said, If you don't hate the Cowboys (and you don't like in Texas), you're a ****ing idiot.

98zGO.jpg

Back