Masstoberfest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great! The Yooper wins the Toupee cup.

toupee.jpg

Yoop,
Imagine how popular you'll be when you show up at the local hockey rink toting the Masstoberfest Cup under your arm? You'll be like Gordie Howe, Ted Nugent and Elvis all rolled into one.

Are you going to mail it to me? Otherwise, UPS I guess.

It is a thing of beauty for sure, to be coveted and yearned for. All this time, I thought holding and kissing the Stanley Cup was something special.

What do you think, I'm the Postmaster General? First you want me to mail you lobsters. Now you want me to mail you the Masstoberfest Cup, which not for nothin' but you ain't won it yet. Wait till the people speak and the voice of the republic is heard. Then maybe you and The Donald will both be reigning champions. Somehow I find that analogy quite fitting.

What do you think, I'm the Postmaster General? First you want me to mail you lobsters. Now you want me to mail you the Masstoberfest Cup, which not for nothin' but you ain't won it yet. Wait till the people speak and the voice of the republic is heard. Then maybe you and The Donald will both be reigning champions. Somehow I find that analogy quite fitting.

I have such better hair.

And I ain't won it because you have things like "rules" where you have to be present to win.

I'm going to have the same rules for the Yooper Cup. It's going to be made of silver, and beautiful. It will be awarded to the brewer who makes the best beer at the UP brewday. Must be present to win.

You know, you could come to the UP. It ain't friggin Siberia. We have plumbing and everything.

Just so that we're clear, while I may claim that I decide who wins the cup, and while that may or may not have been the way things went in the early years, we have moved to a much more egalitarian method of deciding. All previous winners and I meet towards the end of the brew day and discuss...

1. Who we feel has demonstrated the true spirit of Masstoberfest
2. Who would be the best ambassador to new home brewers over the following year.
3. Who is most likely to bring it back the following year.
4. Who has been the biggest doofus and would most benefit from having a trophy the size of a milk jug shoved up their behind.

Then we vote, come to a consensus, and bestow the Cup to that years winner.

Just so that we're clear, while I may claim that I decide who wins the cup, and while that may or may not have been the way things went in the early years, we have moved to a much more egalitarian method of deciding. All previous winners and I meet towards the end of the brew day and discuss...

1. Who we feel has demonstrated the true spirit of Masstoberfest
2. Who would be the best ambassador to new home brewers over the following year.
3. Who is most likely to bring it back the following year.
4. Who has been the biggest doofus and would most benefit from having a trophy the size of a milk jug shoved up their behind.

Then we vote, come to a consensus, and bestow the Cup to that years winner.

Well, if it has such stringent rules then I don't have a chance.

you forgot one.
5. Who's sweated the most the previous year, running around like a headless chicken, brewing beer, busting ass, and not having any fun, just to be able to leave a fun party to make it home to go to the Opera before SWMBO explodes in a fit..........

An aside: I hope all you cynical pessimistic Massholes (of which I am similarly afflicted) enjoyed this rather spectacular August day.

Damn. I mean, I really wouldn't want to live in San Diego, but this was a hella nice day to be pretty much just chillin', and it wouldn't be so bad if it was year 'round...

Cheers! :mug:

GFY. I've been working since 7 AM with an hour to go.

Oh, that sucks.

It's hot here now, so this morning I finished painting the porch and then cleaned my pond pump. I sat by my pond for a bit, since it's a cool sort of zen place.

I gave away some summer squash to friends, and then had a great dinner. Bob made burgers with angus grass-fed beef, grilled potatoes, sliced tomatoes from the garden, and topped the burgers with a wonderful guacamole.

I've listened to music, did some Sudoku, put my feet up on the closed- in porch, had a gin & tonic, and thought about doing something productive. But thought to myself "Nah. I'm going to play retiree". It didn't suck.

Now I almost feel guilty because while I was lazing about, you were working a 12 hour shift. I said, "almost" but I did have a twinge of something there for a moment. :mug:

Awwww ****, I'm sorry I said GFY. I signed up for the OT shift, my own damned fault.
Hey PTN, GFY.

Not a problem, I remember 30 hour mainframe system installations and how I was ready to murder people if they got between me and a trip to IHOP when it was completed...

Cheers! (Those were some interesting times... ;))

Wow. A trip to IHOP to celebrate a victory. Someone knows how to party.

At IHOP, do the waitresses walk slow because they're all old, or because of all the syrup on the floor?

The thought of pancakes is a good one. Now i want to go home and make some apple pancakes. I've got a gallon of VT maple syrup too.

Latest posts

Back