Masstoberfest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
Hey Battah Battah Battah Swiiing!!!!!!!

Oh sorry... I was watching the Pedro Martinez public ball washing on TV since there is no other local baseball worth watching and it occurred to me that the season is drawing to a close. (Who am I sh!tting? The Sox are deader than any four of the hookers allegedly buried under my shed.) Be that as it may, the days of cool, crisp baseball nights are coming........ Days of nights? WTF does that even mean?

Whatever. If baseball season is drawing to a close that means only two things.

1. Football is coming. Free Tom Brady!!!!!

2. Masstoberfest is coming.

If you want to argue about the NFL and TB go over to the Obnoxious Football thread and Cape will be MORE than happy to give you a plateful of stupidity.

BUT... If you want to spend a day hanging out with the best brewers in Massachusetts, drink a ton of good, dare I say great beer, enjoy some of the tastiest BBQ around and hang out with some really cool people, than you need to come to Masstoberfest on Saturday October 3rd. That is the first Saturday in October for those of you like Rick who are calendar challenged.

If, because of some error in judgment on your part, you've been living in a prison in Turkey for the past 8 years after attempting to bring some of the local hand made goods home to share with your friends, and have only recently been re-introduced to the internet you might not know about Masstoberfest. Mores the pity, because Masstoberfest is the best-est party in Mass. It started in 2007 with four local guys getting together to brew on a freezing ass cold day. Well, we had a blast and once we defrosted we decided to do it again. So the following year we did it again, only much earlier in the year so frostbite was not such a concern. And lo, unto them was born a party.

Each year it gets better and better. Bring your rig and brew with us. Be it ever so humble, you will have fun and you will learn something. Like last year when we watched Dakota condense a 6 hour brew day into 90 minutes so he could get home to take Mrs. Dakota to the opera. If you've never watched anyone brew in a tux before, it's eye opening. Single pot extract, BIB, three level tier, nuclear powered flux capacitor hop backs... You'll see it all. (And some of that stupid **** might actually work. Probably not but you never know.)

ANd of course, if you don't brew, you're not eligible to win the Masstoberfest Cup, the single coolest prize in Homebrewing.

I've got to go, I need to respond to the Pope and Donald Trump, both of whom apparently want invites.

Talk amongst yourselves.

PTN

masstoberfest.jpg

I have to be in Milwaukee September 29-October 1. fortunately, no distant cousins are getting married in Indiana that weekend.

If someone nice (read, @melana ?) will put me up so I don't have to sleep in a tent in Paul's yard, I would love to come.

You could stay with us. Or Melana.

Ya. I'd stay at her place too. She won't put you to work finishing her oven

I'm 51 years old. I don't have time left to finish your oven in my lifetime.

Ok, I put you on the calendar. Then I'll make up a lame excuse why I can't come, just like the last 8 years.

I have to be in Milwaukee September 29-October 1. fortunately, no distant cousins are getting married in Indiana that weekend.

If someone nice (read, @melana ?) will put me up so I don't have to sleep in a tent in Paul's yard, I would love to come.

You have a spot at our house for sure. Stay as long as you'd like.

Wait a fargin minute here... NO bird and NO pig? That's it! The end of Masstoberfest as we know it.

Cook a clod not a fargin brisket Paul. What about getting half a cow instead?

The brisket in Austin was the best BBQ evah.

Yes, the brisket in Austin is awesome but the brisket in Lockhart and Luling is better. If you could make that, I'd love you forever.

Btw. The bird IS going to change his mind about coming or I'm going to throw him off the boat tomorrow.

The bird isn't coming?!?!! Well, if I come then he has to! I can't go to Mass and not visit the three people I know there.

Cape is too cool for the likes of us. He's like the guy who shows some promise in High School, catches a scholarship to college, parlays that into some 1%er job with a 75th floor corner office downtown, buys a McMansion and a Hummer and then pretends he doesn't know the little people who knew him when...

Wait a second. Cape's not LIKE that guy, he IS that guy.

Yes, the brisket in Austin is awesome but the brisket in Lockhart and Luling is better. If you could make that, I'd love you more than I already do, which is a LOT!!!!

I agree about Lockheart and Luling being GREAT but Franklins was otherworldly.

And yes, my brisket WILL be that good.

Cape is too cool for the likes of us. He's like the guy who shows some promise in High School, catches a scholarship to college, parlays that into some 1%er job with a 75th floor corner office downtown, buys a McMansion and a Hummer and then pretends he doesn't know the little people who knew him when...

Wait a second. Cape's not LIKE that guy, he IS that guy.

Not sure if talking Cape or olllllllllllllllllllllllllllo. :D

Back