Masstoberfest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm like your favorite sweater. Only without the BO and tattered wrists.

No, Paul. That's YOUR favorite sweater. You seem to be confused once again.

My sweaters don't have BO because it's flippin' freezing here all year round, and I couldn't muster up a sweat if I tried.

And I know you only me to STFU because you love me so much. I know that's how you show affection.

But if you loved me more, you'd overnight deliver me a couple of bugs.

I probably COULD spend $40-50 to overnight ship you a couple of 2-3 pounders. But they're selling in the Stop and Shop for about $6/pound.

I just LOOK stupid.

And stop whining about living in North Buttfark Minnesota. No ones stopping you from moving to the USA.

Look, the world is full of nice, mild mannered, charming guys that you would like your sister to date. And while that's fine for someone to date your sister those guys are boring as all hell.

Me? I'm loud, obnoxious, opinionated, narcissistic and overbearing. I've got bad breath, flat feet, BO, drink to excess and I'm flatulent. I trip little old ladies going across the street and then laugh when they get squished by steamrollers. I play the music way too loud and my favorite band is composed of guys who are mostly dead. In his heart of hearts, the most interesting man in the world really wants to be me.

Chicks dig me. I don't blame them. It's not that I'm conceited, I'm convinced.

You just wait, you'll see. The place will be crawling with my adoring minions. You among them.

I probably COULD spend $40-50 to overnight ship you a couple of 2-3 pounders. But they're selling in the Stop and Shop for about $6/pound.

I just LOOK stupid.

And stop whining about living in North Buttfark Minnesota. No ones stopping you from moving to the USA.

You could drop a few by at my house.....

Me? I'm loud, obnoxious, opinionated, narcissistic and overbearing. I've got bad breath, flat feet, BO, drink to excess and I'm flatulent. I trip little old ladies going across the street and then laugh when they get squished by steamrollers. I play the music way too loud and my favorite band is composed of guys who are mostly dead. In his heart of hearts, the most interesting man in the world really wants to be me.

Chicks dig me. I don't blame them. It's not that I'm conceited, I'm convinced.

You just wait, you'll see. The place will be crawling with my adoring minions. You among them.

Oh, heck Paulie, don't sugarcoat it and just say the nice things about yourself. That is only the beginning.

Ok, since you talked to me so nicely, you've convinced me to come and be one of your adoring minions.

Hey Yoop,
We have a travel nurse from the UP working here for the summer. Nice enough kid but he's kind of awkward. Never saw overall scrubs before.
Anyways, he flew home this past weekend for a wedding, said it only cost him $175 RT to fly into Detroit.

Hey Yoop,
We have a travel nurse from the UP working here for the summer. Nice enough kid but he's kind of awkward. Never saw overall scrubs before.
Anyways, he flew home this past weekend for a wedding, said it only cost him $175 RT to fly into Detroit.

Cool! Detroit is 750 miles from here, though! I can be there in 9 hours or so, with good traffic. So, it's not exactly the easiest way to get somewhere!

It's only $460 to fly to Detroit from here, though, if I can take a 1 PM flight.

You SO need to move.

Trust me, if I was going to move the last place I'd choose would be close to Detroit. It's right up there with Baltimore on my list of favorite cities to try to avoid.

If I move, I want to be where it's 75 degrees all year 'round (San Diego?) but without crowds of people, plus cheap real estate. Once I find this place, I will definitely move.

Otherwise, where I am is awesome. From June through September anyway. There are about 8500 people in my whole county, and we have one working red light in the county. Being far from civilization does keep out the riffraff.

Rick just bought a house in Cow Hampshire. He's already looking to upgrade.

So with only one red light in the entire f'ing county how do you ever fill the area under your sheds with hookers?
Cripes. I cold never liver there. A man needs options.

One working red light? How many do you have that don't work?

I think one. One is in the other town, and it just blinks so I"m not sure if it works or not. Our working light is turned on Monday-Friday during the day so I know it works. The rest of the time it blinks also. But I have seen it turn red on occasion (maybe four times?) so I'm confident that it works. The other light is in the town that @lschiavo lives in.

Rick just bought a house in Cow Hampshire. He's already looking to upgrade.

So with only one red light in the entire f'ing county how do you ever fill the area under your sheds with hookers?
Cripes. I cold never liver there. A man needs options.

Hookers are cheap here- the cost of living is much less. You could have dozens under your shed. You'd live like a king.

Hey all,
just getting caught up on these threads. I've got the Masstoberfest penciled in - hopefully no work trips come up. Pig or Brisket, I'm sure will be good - and Rick, welcome to Cowhamshire. I've got to brew some beer soon to be sure to have some to share. Have a sour and a RIS on oak and vanilla beans that may be done by then too.

Hmm...

I think one. One is in the other town, and it just blinks so I"m not sure if it works or not. Our working light is turned on Monday-Friday during the day so I know it works. The rest of the time it blinks also. But I have seen it turn red on occasion (maybe four times?) so I'm confident that it works. The other light is in the town that @lschiavo lives in.
It's kind of exciting in town the days. They're bringing in CABLE TV next year!!! Can you imagine? Why, Bob and I can spend all day long watching Hee Haw. I am SO looking forward to that. I just LOVE that Minnie Pearl. She's the best!
And that's the latest from here at Lake Whatdafuq, where we wear wool long johns year round and have had the occasional toddler carried off by Mosquitos.

Wow Yoop, if you ever get a Walmart within an eight hour drive you'll to an New York city

Wow Yoop, if you ever get a Walmart within an eight hour drive you'll to an New York city

ok, if you say so. (what?!?)

So, you have a total of 3 coming to your party so far Paulie? it sounds like a great time.

Since you've been so kind to me, and encouraging me, and befriending me, I'll come too.

I'll be there on Saturday. Please have good food, like a pig. Or lobster. Or both. Thanks.

I would like good beer, if you can manage.

Would you like your lobster boiled or baked and stuffed with scallops, shrimps and buttered cracker stuffing? 2, 3, 4, or 5 pounder?

Or since you're from Lake Whatdafuq, perhaps you would prefer a lobster roll from Mickey D's?

Oh, I don't need the lobster stuffed (I really don't eat wheat) so just the lobster, scallops and shrimp will do just fine. I think a 3 pounder is more than adequate- I don't want to be too demanding.

Now we just need Shecky, Hoppy and Austin to show up and my evil plan to take over the home brewing universe will all fall into place.

I'm personally willing to pony up $8.00 for Hoppy's ticket.

Oh, so you'll contribute to Hoppy's ticket (who is that, by the way?) but I get nothin'? Thanks a lot.

I could start a kickstarter or something, maybe raise $5 or so that way.

Back