Local Only Trade (LOT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to get in on this too. If I understand this correctly, someone would have to grant jturman35 after he ships to TBC.

I don't have 100 posts, but I've been a member for awhile. I have plenty of Delaware breweries at my disposal. I would be more than happy to put something together for jturman35

@Louz

That is correct, once @TBC confirms tracking information supplied by @jturman35 then he is available to be granted. At that point he provide his beer style preference, and then you can grant him supplying beers of that style. After you provide tracking details to him you are then available to be granted.

Cautionary note for 1st timers: At some point you will have a package confiscated by whichever delivery service you use. You should know that it is illegal to ship alcohol without the proper shipping permits in place which you won't have, so proceed with caution. The repercussions are nonexistent though, so don't worry. No need to ask how I know. Furthermore, you should be prepared with shipping a second package in the event your first one disappears...perhaps that's a "goes without saying" thing, but best to know what you are getting into ahead of time.

Packaging information: ALWAYS line your package with a trash bag that is tied and tape shut to prevent leakage. For packaging the beer, we are all a bit different, but a few commonalities. Your beer should be packaged in some kind of "waterproof" barrier such as a ziplock bag or a foodsaver bag. While not waterproof, per say, it helps in the event you do have a minor leak (foodsaver would be better, I think, in this case). It should then be bubble wrapped (or similar) to avoid it from hitting something else causing one or both vessels to rupture. Finally, you should put something in the box that makes a rattling sound to prevent the sloshing sound of the beer. Some people use jars of pennies, candies, or both :)

Final thought: The LOT thread becomes the wormhole for the FotD trades...you'll get sucked in. It is natural, don't fight it. It's a great crowd over there, and many of the same (if not all of the same) go back and forth between LOT and FotD trades. You've been warned :)

@Louz

That is correct, once @TBC confirms tracking information supplied by @jturman35 then he is available to be granted. At that point he provide his beer style preference, and then you can grant him supplying beers of that style. After you provide tracking details to him you are then available to be granted.

Cautionary note for 1st timers: At some point you will have a package confiscated by whichever delivery service you use. You should know that it is illegal to ship alcohol without the proper shipping permits in place which you won't have, so proceed with caution. The repercussions are nonexistent though, so don't worry. No need to ask how I know. Furthermore, you should be prepared with shipping a second package in the event your first one disappears...perhaps that's a "goes without saying" thing, but best to know what you are getting into ahead of time.

Packaging information: ALWAYS line your package with a trash bag that is tied and tape shut to prevent leakage. For packaging the beer, we are all a bit different, but a few commonalities. Your beer should be packaged in some kind of "waterproof" barrier such as a ziplock bag or a foodsaver bag. While not waterproof, per say, it helps in the event you do have a minor leak (foodsaver would be better, I think, in this case). It should then be bubble wrapped (or similar) to avoid it from hitting something else causing one or both vessels to rupture. Finally, you should put something in the box that makes a rattling sound to prevent the sloshing sound of the beer. Some people use jars of pennies, candies, or both :)

Final thought: The LOT thread becomes the wormhole for the FotD trades...you'll get sucked in. It is natural, don't fight it. It's a great crowd over there, and many of the same (if not all of the same) go back and forth between LOT and FotD trades. You've been warned :)

Wow nicely said! Yes @Louz, you have been warned! [emoji6]

I'd love to get in on this too. If I understand this correctly, someone would have to grant jturman35 after he ships to TBC.

I don't have 100 posts, but I've been a member for awhile. I have plenty of Delaware breweries at my disposal. I would be more than happy to put something together for jturman35

Soon as TBC gets his package I’ll take some Delaware beer!

768A1512-26C2-43DE-A992-93EE41772450.jpeg
BAE7287D-6816-4DE5-9D8B-779A7C823FC1.jpeg
83F18794-BD5B-484C-977D-1FB2A8D0E953.jpeg
@jturman35 nailed it!! Great package. Love the variety and can’t wait to try your HB RIS.

Gotta love the LOT!! I tried for a few years on the eMAW thread to score Ghost in the Machine and here I get 2 of them to try!!!!

One of the benefits of living in the northeast this time of year is the Fed Ex guy delivers cold beer! Since you sent me a breakfast IPA and it’s already cold I figured I mine as well have it for breakfast.

Someone hookup @jturman35!

I came up short on the Old Rasputin clone but it’s more of a session RIS! Crowd Control and Fire Ant are two of my favorites! Southern Pecan is probably the oldest and most well known but I really like Southern Prohibition!

Looking at the pics bubbles in the bottles it looks like they had a hell of a ride!

Nice score @TBC! Ghost in the Machine is in my list of beers to try too!
@jturman35, what a heck of a selection to send!
If it wasn’t for a few other trades going on and a busy schedule, I would jump in again on the LOT trade. Unfortunately it will have to wait until next year.

New to this, and a little intimdated, but want to participate in some exchange and fellowship.

Interested in nothing specific.
Breweries around my area:
1). B52 (excellent, and very local to me).
2). Southern Star (meh)
3). Lone Pint (love me some Yellow Rose)
4). Saint Arnold (widely distributed and very good).

Anyway, thanks for your consideration.

Awesome! Glad it all made it in one piece. I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on some of those.

Thanks for the label love!

Anyone looking for beers from Washington state or the Pacific NW hit me up. I have never traded before but would love to open that door. I pretty much like anything.

Anyone looking for beers from Washington state or the Pacific NW hit me up. I have never traded before but would love to open that door. I pretty much like anything.

You may want to go through a few pages of this thread to see how it works. The guy above you is waiting to be granted, so you would have to send him beers based on his preference (IPA/NEIPA). Once you have shipped his beers you are then up to be granted, and the next person will send you beers based on your preference. Go a few pages back to get a general idea of what is typically shipped and received.

-Enjoy

You may want to go through a few pages of this thread to see how it works. The guy above you is waiting to be granted, so you would have to send him beers based on his preference (IPA/NEIPA). Once you have shipped his beers you are then up to be granted, and the next person will send you beers based on your preference. Go a few pages back to get a general idea of what is typically shipped and received.

-Enjoy
Thanks @TwistedGray I caught that right after I posted. I will get a selection of NW IPA's together and @Louz in the next few days. PM me your info please @Louz

Whoever grants @Louz would be next, and technically @jimyson was first to ask Louz what they wanted. So, technically if Jimson wants he would grant Louz and you could then grant Jimyson which means the next person would grant you. Does that make sense?

Side note - Do you have any trades on here where you sent something and/or received something? Or do you have any members on here who know you and/or could vouch? If so, you will inevitably end up here (click me).

Whoever grants @Louz would be next, and technically @jimyson was first to ask Louz what they wanted. So, technically if Jimson wants he would grant Louz and you could then grant Jimyson which means the next person would grant you. Does that make sense?

Side note - Do you have any trades on here where you sent something and/or received something? Or do you have any members on here who know you and/or could vouch? If so, you will inevitably end up here (click me).

No I have never traded before and don't have anyone to vouch for me. I'm sure there are members of my homebrew club on here but none of them trade either. Just figured this was a good way to get beer from other areas of the country to try.

No I have never traded before and don't have anyone to vouch for me. I'm sure there are members of my homebrew club on here but none of them trade either. Just figured this was a good way to get beer from other areas of the country to try.

Yes, the LOT is a great place to start. Welcome to the club! @TwistedGray is trying to lure you into some other trade threads where we typically require some trading references or positive feedback from iTrader since we don’t require you to ship first like this thread does.

If you trade in here and enjoy the experience, check out the FotD threads.

It is, and the thread I linked is as well. That's more regular than this thread, but without some trading history you have to start here (their is some leniency over there).

As soon as Louz confirms address you can ship to him and then pay up your preferences. At that point you can get in on the upcoming trade I linked to and mentioned earlier. So, in theory you could get in on that round.

If you haven't traded beer (specifically, shipped beer) make sure you do your due diligence to see how people package and ship to avoid getting caught. Plenty of posts about this, but I'd happily give you the run down if needed.

Yes, the LOT is a great place to start. Welcome to the club! @TwistedGray is trying to lure you into some other trade threads where we typically require some trading references or positive feedback from iTrader since we don’t require you to ship first like this thread does.

If you trade in here and enjoy the experience, check out the FotD threads.

And Jimyson is being modest...yout will love the trading environment here on HBT.

It is, and the thread I linked is as well. That's more regular than this thread, but without some trading history you have to start here (their is some leniency over there).

As soon as Louz confirms address you can ship to him and then pay up your preferences. At that point you can get in on the upcoming trade I linked to and mentioned earlier. So, in theory you could get in on that round.

If you haven't traded beer (specifically, shipped beer) make sure you do your due diligence to see how people package and ship to avoid getting caught. Plenty of posts about this, but I'd happily give you the run down if needed.

Thanks @TwistedGray, I thought you might be kicking me out of your club instead of inviting me in. As far as packaging goes, I have shipped beer to competitions before without any issues. I understand wrapping in plastic bags or vacuum sealing, and I read in the thread about putting something that makes noise in the box. Is there anything else I am missing?

I should have some great IPA's to offer coming from the Hop Mecca Washington State.

Thanks @TwistedGray, I thought you might be kicking me out of your club instead of inviting me in. As far as packaging goes, I have shipped beer to competitions before without any issues. I understand wrapping in plastic bags or vacuum sealing, and I read in the thread about putting something that makes noise in the box. Is there anything else I am missing?

I should have some great IPA's to offer coming from the Hop Mecca Washington State.

Definitely inviting you :)

Exactly what you posted already (re: packing directions), but also line the box with a trash bag. Put all the packaged beer inside the trash bag and close that up tight. That'll hold any beers that crack or open during transit. For noise making you can try candies like Mike and Ike's or Runts or Nerds or pennies in a jar ... etc.

The only other note I will add is that as the shipper you are responsible for missing packages and/or broken stuff (it's customary).

Okay, one last note ... if you do get caught and/or if a package does not get delivered the carrier will let you cover it under insurance. If you are caught with Fedex or UPS there is a strong likelihood that they will flag your account and not let you ship beer again (they'll look/listen for sloshing). I am flagged on Fedex, fwiw.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that's about all that I can think of.

I'll hook you up...if you're interested in Texas beer.
I'm just figuring how this LOT thing works, thanks to Twisted's previous posts.
If you're interested, see my previous post...listed some options.

Edit:
None can voucher for me...have not participated in the past.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back