Indianapolis Hop Buy?? $1-$1.50 per ounce!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMM beer. Recieved my water salts today! THANKS LARRY!

My local hop buy from hops direct came in today. Nothing like this one at 12lbs and 5 people, but everything was packed very well and we had great service!

Guys, I will post pictures of this enormous hop shipment!!!! BAD NEWS FOR THOSE ORDERING PERLE... THEY DIDNT SEND IT!! It is on the invoice, but never made it in the box. It will be here in about a week.

Everyting else is DONE, 5 hours of weighing, sealing, labeling... it is done! Word of wisdom... NEVER BUY 11 POUND or 5 POUND bags from them. They are only over weight by about 1 ounce! The #1 bags were over by about 2-3 ounces in general.

Almost all orders have some extra in them, BUT if you ordered 8 ounces, your bag will have 9 ounces in it, BUT IT IS LABELED 8 OUNCES! So that we could keep track of the orders as we filled them.

This was a huge success!! HUGE props to SWMBO, she shouted out the orders, bag sizes and labeled EVERYTHING, so please thank her if you see her when you pick these up.

P1020531.JPG

P1020533.JPG

P1020534.JPG

Was nice to meet you and your family, Pol - thanks for having the hops packaged up and good to go. I love the brewing system! And your beers were great - this whole no-chill thing has me intrigued.

Was nice to meet you and your family, Pol - thanks for having the hops packaged up and good to go. I love the brewing system! And your beers were great - this whole no-chill thing has me intrigued.

Hey it was nice to have you out.... thanks for being a part of the hop buy and for bringing over some of your creations!

We will have to do it again sometime!

Pol thanks for the work you and your wife did to bring this together.

I am very happy with the way it came out.

im with brrman no chill, who woulda thunk it?

i may have to try it if i can get the right equipment.

hope to see you around sometime.

Hey fellas, it was a pleasure to meet you both. The hop buy was a great success and thanks for showing your appreciation for the hours that went into making it happen.

SWMBO has been great with all of her help this weekend with the hops, the webcast... getting us lunch, etc.

It has been a very productive beer bewing weekend.

Eric, nice to meet you and you too Zach!! It is nice to sit around the garage talking beer with a couple good guys from HBT. Enjoy your hops and thanks for making it a success!

:mug:

Thanks for putting together Rob, we all honestly made out like bandits. Look forward to next year!

We did well... homebrewers always find a way. I am looking forward to The Great Hop Buy of 2010!

These hops are great. Thanks for everything Rob! It was nice meeting you Whiskey too! :mug:

Yah, it was nice to BS in the garage over some HB last weekend. We WILL do this again, I learned a lot, it will be even more successful next time, perhaps 2010!

Rob, it was great to meet you. Wish I could have stayed a while to sample some of your beer and bring my own.

Hops all look great, can't wait to brew with them.

Looking forward to next year's buy.

Rob, it was great to meet you. Wish I could have stayed a while to sample some of your beer and bring my own.

Hops all look great, can't wait to brew with them.

Looking forward to next year's buy.

Hey, nice to meet you too Jacob. Next time you are around we will have to sample some of our wares and talk shop.

Brrman (Brian) came over today to pick up a HLT stirrer and tried my SNPA clone and he liked it, said it tasted like SNPA, so... I think that beer will be a hit.

Well, all of the hops are sold and delivered, the Indy Group Hop Buy 2009 is closed. Trust me fellas, I will be running this again next year. I learned a lot in order to make it easier for me. I have some plans for some great IPAs and IIPAs... so I will be in need of hops again in 2010.

Thanks for the interest and I hope that your buying and brewing experiences will be good ones.

Pol (Rob)

Back