Indianapolis Hop Buy?? $1-$1.50 per ounce!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm down... Well that is if i can use up 11lbs of hops by 2010. LOL

maybe if i come down to get these personally i'll bring you a few of the beers i've made and you can check them out.

Free beer is the best beer!

Considering that PAYPAL is going to take a large chunk of the payments. I will do COD on these hops. I would send out PMs to yall, but I have about 10 minutes to get to a flight exam tonight. I will hope that yall read this!​

This sale has officially come to an end. I will be placing the order TODAY, the 7th. When I order, I will ask what to expect for a shipping time, I am assuming a week.

The night is over, I am still a captain... and tomorrow I shall spend nearly ONE THOUSAND dollars on leaves. Awesome.:D

Considering that PAYPAL is going to take a large chunk of the payments. I will do COD on these hops. I would send out PMs to yall, but I have about 10 minutes to get to a flight exam tonight. I will hope that yall read this!​

LOL, I'm with ya Pol. So there will be people sitting around splitting up this leafy stuff into baggies and bunch of people in and out with handfuls of cash... :)

You know... my neighbors are pretty open to whatever I do. I mean with beer brewing, coffee roasting, hop growing and "dealing"... not to mention it seems to them that I never work. They expect, the unexpected.

Thanks to all for your cooperation with this buy... it went MUCH better than I had ever planned.

Any word on roughly when the shipment is coming in?

I wont even have an ACTUAL shipping charge til tomorrow, hopefully thier estimates were close.

I am currently expecting delivery in one week. So next weekend it looks like I will be splitting some hops.

EDIT: It is nice that they accept Discover... I am getting like $10 back on this order for my time! ;)

Puterbaugh Farms REDUCED the price on thier Chinook from $29.50 to $18.50! They also reduced the shipping to $43.59! All of your charges have been updated in the OP!!

Puterbaugh has been great... the $11 per pound drop on Chinook was a nice treat! The shipping came in LESS than quoted. They have been AWESOME! Here is the email.

Hello Rob,

Thank-you for your order, just to let you know your order will ship in two boxes and the total shipping cost for 2 boxes will be $43.59. Also since you placed your order our Chinook price has been lowered, so I did change your order to the lower price of $18.50.

Have a great weekend.

Carla

HOPS Direct, LLC.

if prices came in cheaper, why did mine go up? lol

Um, it didnt. I have the origainal spreasheet here in front of me that I printed. Yours WAS $203.57, it is now $202.61.

Every order went down due to the reduction in shipping. SOME went down a lot if the person bought a lot of Chinook.

The prices on the spreadsheet have been fluctuating a couple bucks each day as the orders came in for this reason:

When someone would order another pound, or in some cases 10 pounds (Larry)... the sheet updated the pricing based on the LAST shipping quote. Since shipping has been split between total ounces, this reduced the shipping load on ALL buyers.

When the final sheet went up 99blackGT, your total was $203.57... that spreadsheet was up until yesterday at about noon ET. I then recieved the actual shipping charge from Puterbaugh and the discounted price on Chinook. This then lowered EVERYONES pricing, and yours to $202.61. Your average price per ounce WITH shipping is $1.16, the lowest in the group.

Duster72 is getting a $5 refund on his purchase since he paid the other day via PAYPAL.

lol, when i looked at it last it was 200.82, i have it in a text i sent my other buddy

but i don't care at all, $2 isn't going to break me, hell, another $10 wouldn't even make me sweat with the prices we're getting on these hops.. i was just askin ya know? LOL

I think i've convinced one of my buddies who lives in indy to run through and pick them up for me! which is cool. If not, me and my other brewing partner will be down there in a few weeks.

To show the evolution of this buy over the last couple days, and the pricing, there are the spreadsheets. They can also ALL can be viewed in my gallery.

FINAL
2009_hops23.bmp

Runner up
2009_hops22.bmp

Second Runner Up
2009_hops21.bmp

And so on
2009_hops20.bmp

99blackGT,

You are right, several days ago your charge was $200.89

BUT, then the shipping charge was updated and EVERYONES cost went up. Hope this clears up the discrepancy. I know you dont care much, but I do, because I dont want ANYONE thinking that I am trying to make profit off HBTers.

no worries here man. For your effort i wouldn't mind if you came away with a couple of bucks. I can see it all on your marvelous spread sheet anyways. LOL. I think i have a buddy who might come up saturday and pick those up if you'll be ready by then. Think you'll be ready by then?

no worries here man. For your effort i wouldn't mind if you came away with a couple of bucks. I can see it all on your marvelous spread sheet anyways. LOL. I think i have a buddy who might come up saturday and pick those up if you'll be ready by then. Think you'll be ready by then?

I have a bit of flying to do this week, but I will be OFF this weekend. I expect the hops here by the weekend. I WILL POST here when they arrive, the day that they arrive.

HOPS ARE SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE AT 4PM ON FRIDAY THE 15TH!

Here is the catch, my order of FoodSaver bags wont be here til the 19TH!

So, I cannot split and seal all of them this weekend. Next week I go to work... I will be back home FRIDAY-MONDAY the 22rd-25th to split and seal the hops. In the mean time, they will be in cold storage.

I will check to see if some of the packages are overweight when they come in. The boxes weigh 29 and 30 pounds. So 59 pounds minus a few pounds for packing stuff, we probably got about 6 pounds of overage on the total quantity of the hops.

lol, maybe add a few oz for the guys who bought the most :D

lol, i guess that means it wont be ready when my buddie is rolling through, but that's cool, just means you'll have to meet my ugly ass

get some beers ready :mug:

lol, maybe add a few oz for the guys who bought the most :D

lol, i guess that means it wont be ready when my buddie is rolling through, but that's cool, just means you'll have to meet my ugly ass face to face

get some beers ready :mug:

Red Oaked Rye sound good?

i don't drink much rye, but i'm down to try, i'll bring an RIS (not sure if they'll be ready to drink yet) and a few IPA's we've been workin on

Stupid Amazon...

The FoodSaver bags showed up today... though I am not home, nor are the hops.

I will return home this evening, the hops are scheduled to arrive tomorrow at about 4pm!!! Since I will have HOPS and BAGS it will be possible to split them this weekend for those that would like to come get thiers.

WARNING!!! Saturday I am also doing a webcast of my SNPA brew session on Mogulus, SO this is going to be a busy weekend, please be sensitive to that fact. I will do all that I can, but it is going to be REALLY busy around my house in the coming three days.

should we all come crash your brewcast on saturday then? whats a good time?

I will be around messing with hops between say 4pm and 8pm on Friday...

Saturday I MASH IN and start my webcast at 10AM... that should be completed by say 4pm at the latest, more like 2pm to finish the brew session. I will have time while I am brewing obviously, I will also have time afterward... so anytime between 9AM and 8PM on Saturday is good. It will be a hectic day!

I am hoping to get grains crushed, hop additions measured and all that jazz on Friday, so when Saturday comes around I can flip a couple switches and let the rig brew while I do other things.

I know yall want your hops, so I am going to do my best to make it all work out.

i doubt i will be around saturday, i have a couple of pending obligations, but 1 may be a rain out :)

i will have to check with my event scheduler (SWMBO) and see when i will be able to break away this weekend if at all.

i doubt i will be around saturday, i have a couple of pending obligations, but 1 may be a rain out :)

i will have to check with my event scheduler (SWMBO) and see when i will be able to break away this weekend if at all.

Yah man, just let me know... obviously the hops will be there whenever you are ready. Wifey is already geeked about splitting, sealing and filling orders. So, even if it is next week while I am on the road, your order will be ready for pickup.

I HAVE HAD A FEW INQUIRIES ABOUT SUNDAY...

Sunday is fine, but I will not be home from church services and lunch until 2PM or so.

Brrman... I am starting the webcast and mashing in at 10AM. I am doing my prep work today to help with my worklload tomorrow.

Cools. Maybe I wil be able to jump over around 10ish tomorrow, I'll drop you a PM. Could you PM us your address, or should we follow the sweet smell of 50lbs of hops?

Back