Indianapolis Hop Buy?? $1-$1.50 per ounce!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the buyers who are picking up some extra ounces to clean up overruns. If the overruns get cleared up BEFORE the 9th, I will order before then.

Thanks guys for all of your interest, patience and help in making this a success. I am continually updating the spreadsheet in the OP so that you can see real time where we are at on overruns.

Anyone who is looking to buy in, or change quantities on your order, I encourage you to please be sensitive to the fact that we are trying to REDUCE overruns on these hops. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!

go ahead and bump my target and goldings up to 1 lb each, save you some time on bagging, and i get the shipping discount :)

go ahead and bump my target and goldings up to 1 lb each, save you some time on bagging, and i get the shipping discount :)

Thanks, you are awesome. You were a pain in the arse, I am starting to like you now :D

THERE ARE ONLY 11oz. OF OVERRUN LEFT!!! THIS WILL BE CLOSING TODAY!!!!!!!​

Screw it then, put me down for the last 4 of the hallertau. that should out me at 8 and 12.

I PICKED UP A COUPLE OUNCES, THIS IS CLOSED!!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO ORDER ANYTHING ELSE, I WILL ACCEPT ONLY 1LB INCREMENTS! I WILL NO ACCEPT OVERRUNS ON ANY ITEM.

woot, that's cool. Give me some options to start messing with hops and doing a weekly smash on all these. Is there a method aside from paypal you would prefer? Depositing in your bank account or something? My order is probably like $170 (or more LOL) and paypal charges a % on that right?

yeah, 99black is right. Paypal might end up taking a significant amount of what we owe you, Pol. That will cut into your savings - which was basically the whole idea of this great thing you hosted.

Gentlemen...

I want to thank all of you for your orders, and for your willingness to clear up the overruns to make this group buy a success.

Look at the spreadsheet in the OP. This will have all of the details of he buy. We are ordering a lot of hops, at ROCK BOTTOM pricing.

THIS IS A HUGE SUCCESS FOR OUR REGIONAL HBers!!​

yeah, 99black is right. Paypal might end up taking a significant amount of what we owe you, Pol. That will cut into your savings - which was basically the whole idea of this great thing you hosted.

Regarding payment... I WILL TAKE C.O.D.

I mean, I am not letting you leave my house with your hops unless you pay me :D

no prob... i aim to please :p

When are we going to get together and share an IPA we each make with this batch? lol

woot, that's cool. Give me some options to start messing with hops and doing a weekly smash on all these. Is there a method aside from paypal you would prefer? Depositing in your bank account or something? My order is probably like $170 (or more LOL) and paypal charges a % on that right?

Yours is about $200, BUT you averaged $1.12 PER OUNCE SHIPPED AND SPLIT!!!!

i'm fine with COD, i just don't want you to feel like you're stuck out in the wind with $200 of hops you don't want for the week or two it will take for me to get down there ya know?

As many of us as possible should try and get together for a hop splitting party. And of course, bring some of our beers to taste!

i'm fine with COD, i just don't want you to feel like you're stuck out in the wind with $200 of hops you don't want for the week or two it will take for me to get down there ya know?

I hear ya... I can PM you my address and you can send payment if you like. Regardless, you arent leaving my house with hops until I see the money :D

NEW SPREADSHEET POSTED WITH THE NEW SHIPPING QUOTE!!!!​

THIS IS THE FINAL UNLESS SOMEONE ORDERS IN FULL POUND INCREMENTS BEFORE MIDNIGHT!

As many of us as possible should try and get together for a hop splitting party. And of course, bring some of our beers to taste!

This is going to be something with pics I hope! Seriously, this will look like a drug packaging job. A bunch of people sitting around a huge table with 40 pounds of dried green leafy stuff in the background, putting into small baggies. :D

This is going to be something with pics I hope! Seriously, this will look like a drug packaging job. A bunch of people sitting around a huge table with 40 pounds of dried green leafy stuff in the background, putting into small baggies. :D

LUPULIN CONTACT BUZZ!!

Bump it up !!!
for Paul c\o Larry !

1 lb of Amarillo
1 lb of US Golding
1 lb of Willamette

I'm hearing that UPS truck now... Beep..beep..beep...

BTW, just got my WinPaks in and my SSR's !

Bump it up !!!
for Paul c\o Larry !

1 lb of Amarillo
1 lb of US Golding
1 lb of Willamette

I'm hearing that UPS truck now... Beep..beep..beep...

BTW, just got my WinPaks in and my SSR's !

DAMN!!!
Glad to see the LAGERS getting in on the action.

Glad to hear about the Winpaks and the backup SSRs!

I will add this to the order, c/o LARRY!

48 pounds of hops is very impressive. Nice work getting so many people together to make it an impressive buy.

Ed

Yah, I planned 2-3 people and 10 pounds or so. It has BLOWN UP... I am happy to have been able to organize this. Though I have been slacking on my prep. for my flight test tonight!

Ahh, what the heck. Let's make this 50 pounds

Add 1# Amarillo and 1# Hallertau for Tom T. c\o Larry:ban:

Anyone know what the max UPS shipping size is :)

I have been talkiing to Puterbaugh... this order was in multiple boxes 25 pounds ago.

usps max is 75

i know sometimes you save money if you don't break it up, i know this from shipping lots and lots of car parts

I have to give some serious props to Puterbaugh. I have talked to them about this order daily, as it has grown, and everyone I have been in contact with has been awesome.

They have taken a lot of interest in this order and our "group" buy. By the way, they think that you guys owe me... big time :D

It has been a pleasure working with you all, and it has been a pleasure to work with a large supplier that cares so much about the little guys too. They have an excellent product and an excellent business, run by excellent front line employees.

DO PLAN to see another group buy in 2010.

Awesome - Who would have thought this would go up to 50 lbs of hops!!!
This has been a great run, Pol, thanks for all the hard work!

Will be good to meet ya, and to tip a glass to any other Indy HBers who will drink with me! :mug:

It will be nice to have yall over. This thing really did grow legs and walk!

Back