I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi brothers and sis!

I've been off here for what seems to me a long time.

Started working again, so I'm grateful for that!

Leon, super happy for the good turn and potential prosperity.

Pappy, Thank you!

I have to work in the morning. Yay!😄

Cheers friends!

Hi brothers and sis!

Pappy, Thank you!

Cheers friends!

Congrats on the job Dan. Happy for you.

Hey guys...

:)

Startupbrewery.jpg

Thanks, but not my point at all. Prepare for your own demise. It's guaranteed, and coming soon. I like this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLS-Dvuqt8k

I did get your point and agree completely (except I don't care for that song). I was trying to make a connection between losing ones parents and feeling a bit more in touch with your own mortality. Must have been the beer;)

Hi brothers and sis!

Pappy, Thank you!

Cheers friends!

Great news Dan! Good for you! How is the job so far?

Hi brothers and sis!

Pappy, Thank you!

I have to work in the morning. Yay![emoji1]

Cheers friends!

Congration!

If you made that you're the shiz. I can eat sushi non-stop. But your's is like art, maybe I better leave it for someone else.

I hope you're joking. It is far from art. As long as it stays together and tastes good, I'm happy. This one has cucumber, avocado, green onion and red pepper. I don't bother making a batch if I don't have the first three fillings. I prefer fish sauce over soy and a dash of sesame oil is spectacular.

I hope you're joking. It is far from art. As long as it stays together and tastes good, I'm happy. This one has cucumber, avocado, green onion and red pepper. I don't bother making a batch if I don't have the first three fillings. I prefer fish sauce over soy and a dash of sesame oil is spectacular.

Looks like more to me.

Looks like more to me.

You should make some. It is really easy especially if you are not trying to make art;). I got a few 4.5 oz packages of nori from Amazon that are lasting forever. I just broke into my second pack. I think this is the one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I01ZXYE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001PBKZK8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02A0GPHMQ38PWERBA5EF

I roll half sheets by hand. I do have mats but they just seem to slow me down. I have a dozen or so mats never used. If you want a mat or two let me know, I'll drop one in the mail for you. The first time I made these was for one of Yooper's brew days. I wanted to bring something different. I never heard any complaints and now I'm hooked.

I was woodworking today. I am building a display cabinet for my wife's soap. She is going to set up a display in a local craft shop. The shop gets a ton of traffic in the not-winter season. I think she will do well. I never thought there would be money in making and selling soap. I am amazed at how many local people are supporting her already.

So, the snow mostly melted in the back yard. I immediately fired up the lawn tractor and my oldest son has been driving it around for the last couple days. He is out there right now all bundled up with the headlights on. He asked me today when the grass will be ready to cut...FINALLY!

Last edited by a moderator:
You should make some. It is really easy especially if you are not trying to make art;). I got a few 4.5 oz packages of nori from Amazon that are lasting forever. I just broke into my second pack. I think this is the one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I01ZXYE/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001PBKZK8&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02A0GPHMQ38PWERBA5EF

I roll half sheets by hand. I do have mats but they just seem to slow me down. I have a dozen or so mats never used. If you want a mat or two let me know, I'll drop one in the mail for you. The first time I made these was for one of Yooper's brew days. I wanted to bring something different. I never heard any complaints and now I'm hooked.

I was woodworking today. I am building a display cabinet for my wife's soap. She is going to set up a display in a local craft shop. The shop gets a ton of traffic in the not-winter season. I think she will do well. I never thought there would be money in making and selling soap. I am amazed at how many local people are supporting her already.

So, the snow mostly melted in the back yard. I immediately fired up the lawn tractor and my oldest son has been driving it around for the last couple days. He is out there right now all bundled up with the headlights on. He asked me today when the grass will be ready to cut...FINALLY!

Funny. I stared at the nori/white rice/sesame seeds/bamboo mat at the store a couple of days ago. Almost pulled the trigger. My wife has made sushi in the past and it was excellent.

I have tons of nori already. I feed it to my fish (saltwater herbivores, they love the stuff, it's just seaweed).

I'll make some soon. For sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny. I stared at the nori/white rice/sesame seeds/bamboo mat at the store a couple of days ago. Almost pulled the trigger. My wife has made sushi in the past and it was excellent.

I have tons of nori already. I feed it to my fish (saltwater herbivores, they love the stuff, it's just seaweed).

I'll make some soon. For sure!

Well, post a pic when you do.

A cold and crystal clear sky here tonight. Lunar eclipse tomorrow:

April 4, 2015 — Total Lunar Eclipse

This Total Lunar Eclipse or "Blood Moon", is on April 4, 2015 and will be visible in most of North America, South America, Asia and parts of Australia. The Moon will be totally eclipsed (totality) for about 5 minutes. From beginning to end, it will last for 3 hours and 29 mins.

I have my alarm set.

Hey friends!

Best wishes to you all 😄

Thanks for the congrats on the new job. I think I'm going to like it but right now I'm a newbie. I forgot what that was like.

Ischiavo, you continually amaze me with your culinary adventures. I love sushi and sashimi too. Kudos on making your own!

If you like Spam a favorite island treat is Spam Musabi.

Slice of Spam
steamed rice
Nori (flat thin sheet of seaweed)

Amounts of each personal preference.

No religion here my dear Mods

This is the day that the lord has made let us be glad and rejoice in it this is the day' No matter religeon, we all look for the same in a coffin its the where after that is most important

Cheers late nighters. Yeah, its not even 9 pm here on the east coast, but its a good night. Its pretty outside, windows open sleeping weather, im sitting here on my back patio in the dark while drinking a homebrew and smelling the remaining charcoal burning off in the smoker. I am at peace with the world. The stars are out, almost as much as they ever are this close to DC. I wish you all the contentedness I am feeling right now.

That sounds like a nice night Djon.

I just finished my second 3 hour lecture this week. I want to believe my throat hurts from all the talking (I am generally quiet) and not from something else. I'm a mild hypochondriac who was told to get a follow up throat xray several months ago but never did. Sigh...I should go.

Anyway, late nighters, does anyone know of a basic biology lab book? Something that explains plating, microscopes, etc?

Anyway, late nighters, does anyone know of a basic biology lab book? Something that explains plating, microscopes, etc?

Wish you would have posted that a week ago. Found all my wife's old lab books from undergrad and I know there was one in there that would have met your needs but I can't remember the title or author and I've since donated them.

I just finished my second 3 hour lecture this week. I want to believe my throat hurts from all the talking (I am generally quiet) and not from something else. I'm a mild hypochondriac who was told to get a follow up throat xray several months ago but never did. Sigh...I should go.

If all you need is one on process, most of that has not changed in quite a while so you can save a lot of money by just going with an older version. Timing is the key though as I am sure there will be a lot of college students trying to sell off back editions come the end of semesters/school year. Now the problem is finding which one you want.

Maybe call up a localish university, ask for someone in the bio department and ask them what they would suggest. Heck they may have a few spares they could part with.

Hey friends!

Best wishes to you all 😄

Thanks for the congrats on the new job. I think I'm going to like it but right now I'm a newbie. I forgot what that was like.

Ischiavo, you continually amaze me with your culinary adventures. I love sushi and sashimi too. Kudos on making your own!

If you like Spam a favorite island treat is Spam Musabi.

Slice of Spam
steamed rice
Nori (flat thin sheet of seaweed)

Amounts of each personal preference.

My son loves Spam. It looks like its fried...I guess I could look it up. He just may eat that. Thanks for the tip.

I am a soft spoken hypochondriac myself. I hate $$$ medical bull**** $$$ as well. Personally, I would first switch brands of tobacco...maybe the organic stuff. If that doesn't do it, go for the follow up. Seriously though, put your fears to rest. It is probably nothing.

Hey LRB!:)

Ihope your throat is feeling better. My wife and I have had soar throats and gums this week. Itsvweird. At first I thought it was dehydration but I heavily hydrated for a few days and not much changed. On the fourth day now,much better. Maybe the latest bug going around. IDK

My son loves Spam. It looks like its fried...I guess I could look it up. He just may eat that. Thanks for the tip.

I am a soft spoken hypochondriac myself. I hate $$$ medical bull**** $$$ as well. Personally, I would first switch brands of tobacco...maybe the organic stuff. If that doesn't do it, go for the follow up. Seriously though, put your fears to rest. It is probably nothing.

I'm not a tobacco user, I agree its likely nothing. I'm going with its sore due to a heavy lecturing schedule and I'm not used to talking so much.

I'm not a tobacco user, I agree its likely nothing. I'm going with its sore due to a heavy lecturing schedule and I'm not used to talking so much.

I somehow assumed you weren't. That is great and one thing you don't have to worry about. I have a very weak voice. Maybe due to smoking but I have always been rather quiet. I guess a voice is like any other part of the body that is rarely used. I hate loud social situations. I can only raise my voice for about an hour and I just sit quietly after that.

Here is my woodworking project. I think I mentioned earlier that this is for wifey's soap display. The wire is for possible LED lighting. The last building part is the shelves (on drawer slides for ease of stocking and facing them). I plan to use a semi-transparent stain for a white washed effect. The stain is tinted. It is hopefully about the color of parchment. Then a few coats of water-based poly. I have a decent spray room so I like to use finishes I can spray.

thumb2_img_20150412_171405_677-65444.jpg

Next woodworking project: a full wall entertainment center...when I have time.

Back