You Know You've Spent Too Much Time on HBT When...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwood Brewing

Cast your bread upon the waters
Reaction score
I had a dream last week in which I heard a phone ringing from inside the piano at my church. It was @Broken Crow calling, trying to reach @AlexKay. I tried explaining that I wasn't AlexKay, but that she must have lost her phone and I had found it. I wanted to find her to return her phone, but Broken Crow didn't believe me, so he wouldn't give me her alternate contact information. I never could convince him. I had to hold on to the phone.

Sorry!!! I actually don't have anyones phone number on here and I no longer have the hacking skills to get them. Since HBT is the whole of my social-media I thought I was on here a lot....Never thought there was such a thing as being on here too much. :p
I promise to try and dream that I have the contact info you want and @AlexKay gets their phone back.
:mug:

699B0ABA-3AA7-42E9-B994-B686F5F61DDF.jpeg

^^That! I know 4 people named Alex, and it's 2x2 for gender. I just don't even try to assume anymore....Heck, I know women named Bill and Harry and a man named Colleen. But Damn It @Brushwood Brewing ...you made me dream last night that someone in an old GM pickup pulled up out front, carrying a load of @bracconiere 's milk-can's and stuff to drop off as mementos!

Um, ok…

I’m on a drinking hiatus, so the chances are low of me breaking into a church and leaving my phone in a piano in an episode of drunken debauchery.

People generally refer to me using he/him. Honestly, I fit the HBT demographic so closely it’s kind of sad…
Wait, WHAT?!? Is it Dry January already? Did I fall into a drunken stupor and miss New Year's Eve? Will somebody wake me up for 2025?

Wait, WHAT?!? Is it Dry January already? Did I fall into a drunken stupor and miss New Year's Eve? Will somebody wake me up for 2025?
menow.jpg

First @Brushwood Brewing makes me have a wierd HBT dream, now you wanna give me nightmares with something called "Dry January"!?!?!?!?! Never heard of it, not gonna look it up and please don't tell me what that means!!! I need another beer now.

View attachment 837634
First @Brushwood Brewing makes me have a wierd HBT dream, now you wanna give me nightmares with something called "Dry January"!?!?!?!?! Never heard of it, not gonna look it up and please don't tell me what that means!!! I need another beer now.
My lips are sealed, except for the liquid cereal malt beverages I consume, in January of each year. It's kinda' like the Paulist monks in Bavaria in the 15th Century when they brewed a batch of Salvator. You had to fast during Lent and the festival periods in daylight hours, but a fortified high ABV beer was allowed. So I figured if it was good enough for the Brothers to drink beer and not have it count, that I could also get away with 'bending' the rules of Dry January (whatever that is) and not be struck down by a random lightning bolt.

So far, so good!:bigmug:

Back