HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?. You will take these beers and you will like them!

Well, part of my reasoning is that I think there are still some sore feelings over the trade that happened earlier in the year. While I was certainly not one of the people claiming they would not ship to Wes if he won...or suggesting he not play the players he picked up in that trade...there were some who were very vocal about it. And as the trade was made within the rules, but Wes was made to feel as if he cheated, I am not 100% comfortable with how this league played out. I'd rather just not get the beer than to have some of the participants pissed about how things went down.

OK, here's what I am going to do. I will send a PM to everyone with my address. I will accept any beer sent. I will not, however, disclose to the masses who did or did not send beer. That way, everyone can do what they feel is right and nobody will judge them based on what they choose to do.

Sound fair?

EDIT: but first I'll make sure the players I've got going tonight do not get me negative points and make Fuzzy the winner anyway (no, I will not pull them out to protect against it happening - that would be lame).

Need addresses from Ridire and Andrikos.

I thought beer mail will be used as a prereq for entry next year.

I sent my shipping information using the message function of the fantasy league site. If you didn't get the email, let me know.

Thanks.

I just seen the message. Thanks. I will proceed to mail you your winnings you earned fair and square because I would expect the same if my team won. Ah who am I kidding.. My team sucks balls this year!

And I'm not picky so surprise me. I like stouts and porters in the winter but am really a hop head. I enjoy all styles, though. Three beers I am dying to try are Heady, Pliny and Ghandi Bot.

Ridire said:
And I'm not picky so surprise me. I like stouts and porters in the winter but am really a hop head. I enjoy all styles, though. Three beers I am dying to try are Heady, Pliny and Ghandi Bot.

Hey man, could you send me your address on here? For some reason I am having trouble finding it on the app.

I'm interested in playing next year. I came in right in the middle of the pack here at work, so I'm hoping maybe this year's experience will help me beat you guys next year! :D

I got the shipping address in my email and will ship after the new year. I do expect you to take one bada$$ picture with your kitchen table or the like covered with beer and post it up here for all to see! You should have an Epic haul. Cheers! -Clint

I'll be shipping in new year as well - give them some times to sort out the mess they've made over xmas and hopefully get back to normal transit times.

Gotta pick out something good to ship out. May take a bit but you'll be getting something from me

Can the winners just PM me addresses? I can't find messages on the NFL site.
Also, may as well leave me with preferences on style of beer.

I will be shipping out in the next week or two, as soon as the holiday madness dies down and the funds recover a bit. Ridfire, are you going to be posting pics of this epic haul to this thread?

I will be shipping out in the next week or two, as soon as the holiday madness dies down and the funds recover a bit. Ridfire, are you going to be posting pics of this epic haul to this thread?

If there is a lag between the first bottles and the last, you might see a picture with several empties in it...

If there is a lag between the first bottles and the last, you might see a picture with several empties in it...

I wouldnt be opposed to posting up pictures whenever you get a package. I dont think any of us would keep track of who sent you one and ridicule the ones who didnt ship. We are all adults and already know that some will not be sending beer and thats fine. It would be fun to see what everyone sent though. A collective picture of them all would be great too :D

Quick question, are you looking for whales as your prize?

No whales required. In the rules in the OP, it just has to be at least 22 oz of craft beer. So the option is available to send two 12oz bottles or cans instead of a bomber. The decision is up to each individual. It doesn't matter what format the beer is packaged in(12, 16, 22 oz, 3L, 15.5 gallon....;)),what's sent just has to be at least 22oz. I would say a good standard to go by is if you personally like the beer and would recommend it to others.

***** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE *****

Phoenixville, PA - The Hop Cones relieved general manager and coach Mark Baumann-Erb of duty, the team announced Monday afternoon. After climbing into a playoff spot early in the season, there were too many idiotic player moves and too many close loses in the second half of the season that resulted in the team finishing in the bottom half of the standings. "Our fans deserve to see a consistently competitive team. We have high standards, and there's an urgency for success. When we believed we were not positioned to achieve significant progress in 2014, we knew we had to admit that a change was needed, and move forward."

While no immediate replacement as been named, early speculation is that Rocky the Squirrel is the leading choice for the ownership team. "Even though Rocky has gone blind over the last five years, we feel that with him throwing darts at a board we will see an immediate improvement over this years campaign."

Mark was unavailable for comment.

Phoenixville, PA - The Hop Cones relieved general manager and coach Mark Baumann-Erb of duty, the team announced Monday afternoon. After climbing into a playoff spot early in the season, there were too many idiotic player moves and too many close loses in the second half of the season that resulted in the team finishing in the bottom half of the standings. "Our fans deserve to see a consistently competitive team. We have high standards, and there's an urgency for success. When we believed we were not positioned to achieve significant progress in 2014, we knew we had to admit that a change was needed, and move forward."

While no immediate replacement as been named, early speculation is that Rocky the Squirrel is the leading choice for the ownership team. "Even though Rocky has gone blind over the last five years, we feel that with him throwing darts at a board we will see an immediate improvement over this years campaign."

Did you cut and paste that verbatim from the Lions' announcement about Schwartz (changing the names, obviously)?

Hilarious! :mug:

I think he should - but he should also wait for everything to arrive and give us one big picture. My shipment should arrive on Monday (although the way UPS has been lately I wouldn't be surprised if it were a day or two later.)

Ridire received a winners package this morning! Everyone else ok with him posting pictures on his winnings?!

You went above and beyond...holy cow. My wife just texted me a picture. Give me a minute and I'll put it on here.

FinsFan.jpg

I've got mine boxed up, but might wait a few days to put it in the mail until the snow clears out a bit.

Also have Andrikos's box packed up too...

FinsFan...what is the word on that Boulevard RIS? Uncork it this winter or let it age a bit?

Either would be fine I think. I had it one tap last saturday and it was pretty smooth already, not too boozy for 12%, but I could see it aging very well too so its up to you. Enjoy!

Either would be fine I think. I had it one tap last saturday and it was pretty smooth already, not too boozy for 12%, but I could see it aging very well too so its up to you. Enjoy!

Thanks a ton. You really didn't have to send that much but they all look like beers I will enjoy.

Back