HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivery successful. I've heard rumors of slushy beers, but hopefully they all made it intact at least...

Sounds like a coup. And Nizzle isn't even here to defend himself...

I didnt mean to throw nizzle under the bus and had no problem that he ran the league, I just did not like that decision to change half way through the season. Im not trying to complain about what happened or anything, just offering my services to run it next year. Im sure by then we can all agree on what we did like and didnt like about this year, and make appropriate changes for the coming season. Obviously if someone wants to also step up and start a league, I would have no problem with it. Just excited to do this again i guess!

BGBC. The report from the wife is that there is some slush. They are being left at room temp for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391709119.455218.jpg

I have a box all packed up for Ridre but damn, his weather is even crappier than mine!! The high for the next 10 days looks to be in the lower 20's. Perhaps I should attempt using 48 hour heating pads!

I have a box all packed up for Ridre but damn, his weather is even crappier than mine!! The high for the next 10 days looks to be in the lower 20's. Perhaps I should attempt using 48 hour heating pads!

I cant remember who, but someone in the Swap thread put 1 or 2 inch foam pad on all walls of the box to insulate it. I think that and the heating pad would be more than sufficient to make it.

I cant remember who, but someone in the Swap thread put 1 or 2 inch foam pad on all walls of the box to insulate it. I think that and the heating pad would be more than sufficient to make it.

I used basically a insulated box of foam too. I am going to tape a heat pad in the top and in the bottom and let it rip. Should be cozy for the trip. I only cut a little corner off the heat packs so they last well over 2 days in shipping. Gonna let this baby fly tomorrow!

I used basically a insulated box of foam too. I am going to tape a heat pad in the top and in the bottom and let it rip. Should be cozy for the trip. I only cut a little corner off the heat packs so they last well over 2 days in shipping. Gonna let this baby fly tomorrow!

I wouldnt ship it over the weekend, it is bound to sit somewhere for a day, if not two. Shipping monday gives you the best chance of it not stalling somewhere or day(s).

BGBC. The report from the wife is that there is some slush. They are being left at room temp for a while.

Well, at least they're intact, hopefully all still good, and hopefully new to you.

I couldn't find any Exit 16 at the time, so threw in the Exit 4 instead. The Frost Monster is a pretty good imperial stout IMO. I haven't actually had the BA BORIS, but everyone else seems to like it :). The two HBs - the saison is the Cottage House saison from this site, but with Motueka and Nelson. The hops have faded, but it should still be drinking well. The other pretty much the same grain bill, but added pumpkin to the mash and bottled with some pumpkin spices (and both used 3711 :cross:).

I didnt mean to throw nizzle under the bus and had no problem that he ran the league, I just did not like that decision to change half way through the season. Im not trying to complain about what happened or anything, just offering my services to run it next year. Im sure by then we can all agree on what we did like and didnt like about this year, and make appropriate changes for the coming season. Obviously if someone wants to also step up and start a league, I would have no problem with it. Just excited to do this again i guess!

Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure he changed it after a some people doing trades didn't like having to wait the 3 days for the trade to go through and asked if there was a way to do away with that. So he changed it.

Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure he changed it after a some people doing trades didn't like having to wait the 3 days for the trade to go through and asked if there was a way to do away with that. So he changed it.

I remember that, but i still wouldnt want to make any changes during the season.

I remember that, but i still wouldnt want to make any changes during the season.

Well, it's probably ideal to leave everything the same, but I honestly believe he was just trying to help them out because their trade wouldn't have went through in time for the game that Sunday. But it has been like 5 months, the season is long over, and Nizzle is no longer on HBT, so really there's no reason for it to have even been brought up or discussed. If you want to run a league on HBT this next season that's fine, but there's no reason to bring up crap he did that you didn't agree with 5 months after the fact. If anyone had a problem with it, it should've been discussed when it happened.

Yep, I think it should go to the runner up though ;)

Since it was separate from the main league deal, it's completely up to those who were part of it, but I agree that the runner up should get it. It's been long enough, he forfeited his prize as far as I'm concerned.

Since it was separate from the main league deal, it's completely up to those who were part of it, but I agree that the runner up should get it. It's been long enough, he forfeited his prize as far as I'm concerned.

Im not sure what hes up to, but he has been on HBT many times this month. weird :confused:

Im not sure what hes up to, but he has been on HBT many times this month. weird :confused:

If he's been on HBT and hasn't responded to this thread or your PM that most likely means two things. He's not shipping beer to Ridire, and because of that, he's just staying away even though he's owed beer. I'm assuming he never gave an address?
I could be wrong, but I'd say there's a good chance we won't hear anything more from him. But, he may show up and prove me wrong.

If he's been on HBT and hasn't responded to this thread or your PM that most likely means two things. He's not shipping beer to Ridire, and because of that, he's just staying away even though he's owed beer. I'm assuming he never gave an address?
I could be wrong, but I'd say there's a good chance we won't hear anything more from him. But, he may show up and prove me wrong.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. He does live out of the country but claimed to have an address we could ship to in AZ. He may have joined to take his chances on winning to get beers, but didnt plan to ship any out. Who knows though.

I've had a box ready collecting dust. I have seen him online but he hasn't posted. My recommendation is that one person sends him a PM to advise he has 2 weeks to respond and at the very least indicate whether or not he will provide an address or forfeit his beer. I'd put a read receipt on the message but those are easily declined. Since I believe most have notifications turned on if a PM comes, he should know there is a message. His last activity date was Feb 8th. I think 2 weeks is fair.

What is another two weeks after? The rib here would be for anyone who opted to ship a decent IPA. I think at that point it is just downright rude and if that IPA isn't as good as it could be due to it sitting, then that is basically someone's effort to ship a good beer to someone down the drain. It is not as though it would be crap, but that is the only beer I can really think of that wouldn't appreciate the forced long-term aging. ;)

The hard decision is to just move on but 2 weeks is just about the last day of the month and well past the end of the league. Also, the decision would be easier if he hasn't shipped to the winner and has not contacted the winner to at least provide some idea when beer may come.

Fin were you the runner up? This should come down to as much of a vote as we can get and the runner up should not get a say because it directly benefits them to be swayed. I would say this is if were me. Color me bitchy, but it has to be as far as possible because we did know he was out of the country but I don't think anyone expected to sit on their packages for this long.

I've had a box ready collecting dust. I have seen him online but he hasn't posted. My recommendation is that one person sends him a PM to advise he has 2 weeks to respond and at the very least indicate whether or not he will provide an address or forfeit his beer. I'd put a read receipt on the message but those are easily declined. Since I believe most have notifications turned on if a PM comes, he should know there is a message. His last activity date was Feb 8th. I think 2 weeks is fair.

What is another two weeks after? The rib here would be for anyone who opted to ship a decent IPA. I think at that point it is just downright rude and if that IPA isn't as good as it could be due to it sitting, then that is basically someone's effort to ship a good beer to someone down the drain. It is not as though it would be crap, but that is the only beer I can really think of that wouldn't appreciate the forced long-term aging. ;)

The hard decision is to just move on but 2 weeks is just about the last day of the month and well past the end of the league. Also, the decision would be easier if he hasn't shipped to the winner and has not contacted the winner to at least provide some idea when beer may come.

Fin were you the runner up? This should come down to as much of a vote as we can get and the runner up should not get a say because it directly benefits them to be swayed. I would say this is if were me. Color me bitchy, but it has to be as far as possible because we did know he was out of the country but I don't think anyone expected to sit on their packages for this long.

I was the runner up, you and BGBC can deicde what we should do. We can always do a swap like BGBC suggested. I did PM Andrikos a couple weeks ago and he was been on here since but has not responded.

Ridire, I'm still planning in sending something to you! The weather has just been unbelievably bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I was the runner up, you and BGBC can deicde what we should do. We can always do a swap like BGBC suggested. I did PM Andrikos a couple weeks ago and he was been on here since but has not responded.

3 way trade! 3 way trade!

I'm thinking of a number, either 1 or 2. Fins, as runner up, you pick. If you get it, you pick who you want to ship beer to you. Then the third person will ship to that person. Then you ship to the third person.

I forget what I had in my runner up box, but I don't think there was anything that needed to be enjoyed fresh. Will probably unpack and double check anyway.

3 way trade! 3 way trade!

I'm thinking of a number, either 1 or 2. Fins, as runner up, you pick. If you get it, you pick who you want to ship beer to you. Then the third person will ship to that person. Then you ship to the third person.

2 since thats my b-day :D

Okay so I send to BGBC? I saw the PM and then this thread so I was lost.
terrible day at work and I am off today because I was working until 3 am. I am pissed.

Cool. I have to wait until Tuesday to ship. I'm not off work but the HVAC guy is coming to replace my air handler and I'd like to be here for that.

guilty as charged it was me. Sorry for the major delay good news is that is about as fresh of a Red Dread as you can get it was bottled just 4 days ago. Big malty imperial red with plenty of hops to back it up. Enjoy!

Back