PPR Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lupulinaddict

Reaction score
We are starting a new hbt fantasy league. We already have a few people signed up from last year, looking for a few more. We are going to keep this one a 10, or 12 person PPR league. To make fantasy more fun than it already is, we all agree to send the winner of the season at least one commercial bomber. If anyone has any questions how fantasy works feel free to ask. If anyone would like to join, feel free to PM me, and ill send you the signup info. Thanks and good luck!

I'm in as well I always like to send off more beer haha

In the PM you sent you said it was NOT PPR?

I'm ok either way, but last year I think was PPR and I'd probably prefer it.

This thread/league was started to replace last years league that you were in. That league, and this league, is a ppr league. Im sorry, I got your pm asking to sign up and gave you that explanation and info to sign up for the league that I managed that is not a ppr. The league I manage is under the thread, "the other other other fantasy football." (I can link it later when at the computer). I was in your ppr league last year, but can't sign you up to that one because the op to the "2016 fantasy football" thread is the manager. He/she hasn't responded or activated last years league, so we started a new league, and this thread.

Hopefully that makes sense. If you'd like out of the other other league, and into this ppr league, we can see if everyone agrees to bump this league from 10 people to 12.

This thread/league was started to replace last years league that you were in. That league, and this league, is a ppr league. Im sorry, I got your pm asking to sign up and gave you that explanation and info to sign up for the league that I managed that is not a ppr. The league I manage is under the thread, "the other other other fantasy football." (I can link it later when at the computer). I was in your ppr league last year, but can't sign you up to that one because the op to the "2016 fantasy football" thread is the manager. He/she hasn't responded or activated last years league, so we started a new league, and this thread.

Hopefully that makes sense. If you'd like out of the other other league, and into this ppr league, we can see if everyone agrees to bump this league from 10 people to 12.

That would be cool, but if it's a hassle, then I'll just stick with the other one and see how it goes. I'm not picky.

Just registered looks good. Team name is Big Gulps!

Damn. I just followed the maze of links from the Fellowship thread. Looks like you guys are full. :(

Can you keep me on reserve if someone backs out, and when are you drafting?
:mug:

Any chance we can change the date of the draft? I have another live draft that evening that starts 2 hours prior to this one. If not, that's cool. I can setup auto-picks, but prefer the fun of picking live.

I see you proposed Wed night, and that works better for me as well; I don't know about anyone else. I have updated my draft rankings though so if more people are better with Thurs I have no problem autodrafting.

if anyone over here is interested in doing two leagues the other other other league has one more opening and drafts tonight!!

AW HELL. We are going to a Central Michigan Football Game on Thursday night. I don't think I'll be able to get to a computer for the draft. So now the choice is either A) Autodraft, or B) draft on mobile.

I haven't even studied the players yet!

Any chance we can change the date of the draft? I have another live draft that evening that starts 2 hours prior to this one. If not, that's cool. I can setup auto-picks, but prefer the fun of picking live.

You might still be ok. Depending on the time allowed for picks most drafts are under 2hrs.

I see you proposed Wed night, and that works better for me as well; I don't know about anyone else. I have updated my draft rankings though so if more people are better with Thurs I have no problem autodrafting.

It's late now, but I was waiting to see if more people had issues with drafting tonight. I don't like changing the draft dates because it always seems like someone doesn't get the memo and gets left out. Thanks for using the predraft rankings and being a good sport about it! Next year we can get this league going earlier and can do it on the weekend.

AW HELL. We are going to a Central Michigan Football Game on Thursday night. I don't think I'll be able to get to a computer for the draft. So now the choice is either A) Autodraft, or B) draft on mobile.

I haven't even studied the players yet!

I have drafted on my phone for football and baseball a few times and it's not horrible. I think I'm going to have to work later tonight so that's what I'll have to do for this draft too. One recommendation I can give is to use your phone for some mock drafts. That way you can get a feel for the mobile draft client before the draft starts.

Good luck everyone. Draft is tonight. When I get a chance I'll make a whose who list of the league.

I have drafted on my phone for football and baseball a few times and it's not horrible. I think I'm going to have to work later tonight so that's what I'll have to do for this draft too. One recommendation I can give is to use your phone for some mock drafts. That way you can get a feel for the mobile draft client before the draft starts.

Good luck everyone. Draft is tonight. When I get a chance I'll make a whose who list of the league.

Might be too late now. Work has been keeping me busy all day lately, and then we are heading straight to the stadium afterwards. I'll probably just autodraft. Like my wife says, I can't even choose what to eat off the dollar menu. :D

As I suspected, I couldn't make the draft. Let's see what we can do with the players I got. So far it looks like I might have to get a Backup QB if Luck is going to be out this week.

Ugh.

I miss Drew Brees!! :(

As I suspected, I couldn't make the draft. Let's see what we can do with the players I got. So far it looks like I might have to get a Backup QB if Luck is going to be out this week.

Ugh.

I miss Drew Brees!! :(

A couple guys had put preference in their que and it started drafting them early. Someone's defense was taken in the second round. It would have been more beneficial to not set a que and just let auto draft pick.

That was ratty, you would think the autodraft function would help prevent that. I guess it thought Julian Edelman in the 8th was too good of a deal to pass up.

A couple guys had put preference in their que and it started drafting them early. Someone's defense was taken in the second round. It would have been more beneficial to not set a que and just let auto draft pick.

Yeah, I probably should have pre-picked some favorites. Oh well. I guess it's just going to be a challenging season! All I can hope for is the power of luck!

I'm so screwed up. My page keeps defaulting to 2016 and messing with my head. I gotta figure out how to fix that first. And I kept thinking this weekend was the start of the season. And I'M the guy who runs a pickem' league at work! D'oh! :(

Just so you all know, the Bucs and Dolphins are OFF this week due to hurricane Irma. If you have players on either of those two teams, or their opponents, you may want to reshuffle your lineup!

Kareem Hunt. WTF? LOL.

This guy is laughing all the way to the bank in our other league :rockin:

IMG_7029.jpg

In our league looks like he has 60 plus points. And how on earth did this person above end up with McCoy, Brees, and Hunt???? Tak about having a good draft...

Glad I chose Zeke!!! He won his injunction and is likely to plays the whole season.

Blah. My points all came by the end of Sunday morning. Just don't have enough power players to get the job done. No idea how to improve now either.

Love this ppra

I was so confused as to how I scored so many points until I went back to look at the scoring system. Quite happy I drafted Shady with the PPRA system in place. No if only his paper mache ligaments can hold on for a whole season.

I tried to keep the scoring from what I remembered we had last year. It does make for a ton of points. I also noticed the waiver priority is resetting. I thought I set the waiver to not reset, but looks like it does reset. I think I can switch it, but didn't want to do it unless everyone is onboard.

Back