Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was whoever posted first. I never Sent a PM because I saw your post.

I thought it was whoever posted first. I never Sent a PM because I saw your post.

Well...hell. I can grant it, just making sure he is cool with waiting for a few days or next Monday for it to ship.

FINS! We need a ruling on the field!

He'd wait a few days for me too just due to scheduling.
It's yours, per rules and in spirit. Few of the ones I can grant come up but it'll happen again. ;-) I'm good.

Most wanted:

Hill Farmstead (any)

Moonlight Meadery (any)

The Alchemist (Heady, but I wouldn't be upset if you sent something else)

Lawson's Finest Liquids (any, wishing for some Maple goodness)

Tired Hands (any) I can't remember if we are allowing this in eMAW or not, let me know.

Spencer Trappist Ale

The usual suspects:

Funkwerks (any)

Strange Brewing [Denver] (Kriek)

New Glarus (fruit/sour/wild)

Modern Times (any)

DC Brau (any)

Cascade (any)

Westbrook (Gose)

Crooked Stave (any)

Tasty cakes!

That will probably get me started...

Mine too. Granted.

edit: I like how you said beer fridges, as in more than one. You sir are doing it right!

I've got a small Sanyo fridge for regular bottles and cans (although the top shelf is filled with bombers at the moment). I have a 25cf side by side that I built a shelf to hold 4 kegs with a shelf of bombers and a shelf for 750s above that. Door shelves hold the CO2 and bombers and 750s. Freezer is hop storage and ice bags for brew days. Then I've got the two kegerators. My wife talked me out of converting my fermentation freezer by giving me the green light to get a TDD-2 when I find a new home for the TDD-1. I was going to find a new home for the Sanyo kegerator too, but she said she wanted me to move it to the back patio for when we grill. I think I'll keep her. :rockin:

A bomb landed at my front door! I'm very excited to try these beers!

(don't mind the crap in the background...)

First, the canned goods:
From left-to-right we have a 6-er of Jai Alai (!), The Citizen and The Corruption from DC Brau, a lager (?), Kolsch, and Pale Ale from Blue Mountain.
GkJ7Ykj.jpg

Now the bottles:
Here we have two homebrews from banesong. An IPA fermented with Wyeast's Private Collection West Coast IPA (at least, that's what I think it is from the bottle cap), and an ESB. Also, a variety 6-er of Great lakes beers.
unqXxWj.jpg

I am very happy to get another chance to sample Eliot Ness since I just had a fantastic local Vienna Lager this weekend, and wanted to compare it. My only other options for reference Vienna Lagers out this way are Negra Modelo and Gordon Biersch, and the Negra Modelo has sort of been falling in quality the last couple of years, IMO.

Many thanks to banesong for sending me such an awesome package!

A bomb landed at my front door! I'm very excited to try these beers!

(don't mind the crap in the background...)

First, the canned goods:
From left-to-right we have a 6-er of Jai Alai (!), The Citizen and The Corruption from DC Brau, a lager (?), Kolsch, and Pale Ale from Blue Mountain.
GkJ7Ykj.jpg

Now the bottles:
Here we have two homebrews from banesong. An IPA fermented with Wyeast's Private Collection West Coast IPA (at least, that's what I think it is from the bottle cap), and an ESB. Also, a variety 6-er of Great lakes beers.
unqXxWj.jpg

I am very happy to get another chance to sample Eliot Ness since I just had a fantastic local Vienna Lager this weekend, and wanted to compare it. My only other options for reference Vienna Lagers out this way are Negra Modelo and Gordon Biersch, and the Negra Modelo has sort of been falling in quality the last couple of years, IMO.

Many thanks to banesong for sending me such an awesome package!

Glad it got there safe! You are right on the pale ale yeast. Enjoy the cans... My new favorite way to ship.beer.

Tracking sent to NickFern...looks like we wil have a bunch of boxes landing at the end of this week.

Most wanted:

Hill Farmstead (any)

Moonlight Meadery (any)

The Alchemist (Heady, but I wouldn't be upset if you sent something else)

Lawson's Finest Liquids (any, wishing for some Maple goodness)

Tired Hands (any) I can't remember if we are allowing this in eMAW or not, let me know.

Spencer Trappist Ale

The usual suspects:

Funkwerks (any)

Strange Brewing [Denver] (Kriek)

New Glarus (fruit/sour/wild)

Modern Times (any)

DC Brau (any)

Cascade (any)

Westbrook (Gose)

Crooked Stave (any)

Tasty cakes!

That will probably get me started...

Going to let this ride for a day or two and see what happens.

Two lists now that have zero beers that distribute to TX. Just shows while things are 100x better here than they used to be, we still have a long way to go.

Nickfern, thanks for all the goodies - and the glass! I've never heard of most of these (minus DC Brau and Ithaca)! Can't wait to pop these tops! Cheers man!

No problem! Enjoy. They were supposed arrive tomorrow. Eager to hear your thoughts on Boat Beer and Grateful. :mug:

Beers with coffee not available in PA, the more coffee the better
(Not coffee bender or wake and bake)

Such as:

Victory At Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter - Ballast Point
Coffee abduction - pipeworks
New Glarus coffee stout
Short’s Cup A Joe Coffee Creme Stout
Prairie coffee noir

Additionally, always looking for the following:
Crooked stave - any except veille
3 Floyds
Modern Times
Pipeworks IPAs (especially any unicorn/ninja type thing)

Examples were based on a quick search, if anything isn't appropriate let me know.

Beers with coffee not available in PA, the more coffee the better
(Not coffee bender or wake and bake)

Such as:

Victory At Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter - Ballast Point
Coffee abduction - pipeworks
New Glarus coffee stout
Short’s Cup A Joe Coffee Creme Stout
Prairie coffee noir

Additionally, always looking for the following:
Crooked stave - any except veille
3 Floyds
Modern Times
Pipeworks IPAs (especially any unicorn/ninja type thing)

Examples were based on a quick search, if anything isn't appropriate let me know.

Victory at Sea is probably one of my favorite newly tried beers thus year, but I think it may be past season.
If you want a good Pipe works recommendation, Marilime Law is just the bees knees. Its a TH collab brew

Got an awesome emaw package from somples. Missing is a homebrewed saison that went into the freezer for immediate consumption, and was delicious Thanks Chris, looking forward to digging in tonight.

You bet! I hope you enjoy and thanks again for the easy first Emaw!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Victory at Sea is probably one of my favorite newly tried beers thus year, but I think it may be past season.
If you want a good Pipe works recommendation, Marilime Law is just the bees knees. Its a TH collab brew

Is that the regular victory at sea? Crap.

I thought it was a variant, I see the regular all the time.

Well, whatever, if you've got it plus something else, I'll take it.

Is that the regular victory at sea? Crap.

I thought it was a variant, I see the regular all the time.

Well, whatever, if you've got it plus something else, I'll take it.

Victory at sea is always a Coffee vanilla porter and IMO Great both fresh and with some age on it. Local bar just got a keg of 2012 and while the coffee faded a little it had that great fudgey chocolate aspect to it. Top 5 porters for sure.

Back