Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best part is their pages description is "This group was created for everyone to be able to trade and get an opinion on a value of a beer". Then they dump on a guy for asking trade value of a beer.....in a beer trading forum. Where else is he supposed to find out trade value? But they say theyre worried about people clogging the thread with nonsense. So instead of responding with a trade value or telling the guy where to look for trade value, they dump on him and create a 90 post thread. And another dick creates a fake ISO thread to make fun of the guy. Makes no sense. Beer snobs epitomising beer snobbery. Not my kind of place. I'll stick to the friendly environment of HBT.

The best part is their pages description is "This group was created for everyone to be able to trade and get an opinion on a value of a beer". Then they dump on a guy for asking trade value of a beer.....in a beer trading forum. Where else is he supposed to find out trade value? But they say theyre worried about people clogging the thread with nonsense. So instead of responding with a trade value or telling the guy where to look for trade value, they dump on him and create a 90 post thread. And another dick creates a fake ISO thread to make fun of the guy. Makes no sense. Beer snobs epitomising beer snobbery. Not my kind of place. I'll stick to the friendly environment of HBT.

Yea, I just start ignoring the posts once they get like that. Granted, there are some people that start asking that question hoping to hear that they can rape someone in a trade just because it's "rare" even though they just bought it off a shelf. The people posting pics of a beer they just bought, with the sticker still clearly showing and asking what it's worth trade-wise? It's worth $4$ what you spent, lol. So there are some dumb people on the other side of it too, but I know what thread you're talking about and yea, they ripped him apart.

I had a guy yesterday that I was in talks with over getting a Prop and he got reamed out and deleted the post and now won't respond back to me. I wasn't even giving him any bit of a hard time, they just screwed it all up...

And that is yet another reason for me to hate Facebook. Although to be fair, it's the same reason I avoid BeerAdvocate.

I agree, I am here probably 90% of the time, but I don't want to completely rule out Facebook, BA, TB, or Reddit as I have found good guys on there as well that I have had a lot of good trades with. The difference is, very rarely do I deal with ******** here.

Yea, I just start ignoring the posts once they get like that. Granted, there are some people that start asking that question hoping to hear that they can rape someone in a trade just because it's "rare" even though they just bought it off a shelf. The people posting pics of a beer they just bought, with the sticker still clearly showing and asking what it's worth trade-wise? It's worth $4$ what you spent, lol. So there are some dumb people on the other side of it too, but I know what thread you're talking about and yea, they ripped him apart.

I had a guy yesterday that I was in talks with over getting a Prop and he got reamed out and deleted the post and now won't respond back to me. I wasn't even giving him any bit of a hard time, they just screwed it all up...

I understand that it gets frustrating dealing with redundant posts, but noobs will be noobs. We've all been there. Its a beer trading group. What better place to ask trade value? I think it seems like a lot because different (new) people do it, but it's not like the same people do it over and over. If they do, then they deserve to be ripped a new one. But in a group with over 5k people and expanding every day, i'm guessing its the noobs doing it. And even if it's not, can't people just help someone out? If you see a thread that doesnt interest you, just don't click on it. Why bother with the BS? Believe me, I can understand messing with someone, but 90 posts of it is over the top. That kind of thing turns people off to trading. Maybe i'm getting too sensitive in my old age, but that kind of stuff does nothing for beer trading as a hobby.

I understand that it gets frustrating dealing with redundant posts, but noobs will be noobs. We've all been there. Its a beer trading group. What better place to ask trade value? I think it seems like a lot because different (new) people do it, but it's not like the same people do it over and over. If they do, then they deserve to be ripped a new one. But in a group with over 5k people and expanding every day, i'm guessing its the noobs doing it. And even if it's not, can't people just help someone out? If you see a thread that doesnt interest you, just don't click on it. Why bother with the BS? Believe me, I can understand messing with someone, but 90 posts of it is over the top. That kind of thing turns people off to trading. Maybe i'm getting too sensitive in my old age, but that kind of stuff does nothing for beer trading as a hobby.
Believe me, I agree completely. Whenever I see those posts, at most, I roll my eyes and scroll down to the next one. You can tell that some people on there are the same hardasses you hear about on XBOX and PS(don't play either online, so just from rumors/videos ha), big badass when there is a computer in front of them, but would never dare argue about that same subject in real life...

Exactly, just move on. I never understood opening up an ISO thread that you have no interest in and making a negative comment. Oh well. I'm glad to be outta there. They had a poll about whether RS was worth it and most of them said no. Guess i'll have to keep my RS beers to myself and my HBT homies

PS: Whatever we agreed on, we'll trade for....even if its my last one.

Exactly, just move on. I never understood opening up an ISO thread that you have no interest in and making a negative comment. Oh well. I'm glad to be outta there. They had a poll about whether RS was worth it and most of them said no. Guess i'll have to keep my RS beers to myself and my HBT homies

Ha! I saw that one too. They said it was only worth it if you had 3 other guys to go in to with it. That would cause a huge ass headache unless you all had the same exact tastes and also only wanted your smaller allotment per, no extras...

I'm not even close to being RS and I was annoyed with that conversation, especially with it being on there no less...

my problem with that thread was that people were commenting that had no experience with it. How could you even comment on something being worth the investment without making the investment? That and there had to be the guy that mentions their "infestion issues". Meanwhile, for 2014, theres been no RS package infections. Rue d'floyd, but thats not included in the package. Plus, theres so much beer throughout the year that one or two infected batches doesn't kill the whome experience. Sure, infections shouldn't happen on that level but theres enough top shelf beers to make up for it.

Oh, Bruery.

I dropped my RS membership for 2014 but only because I don't have any space to keep the beer.
I joined when they first started it and was a member every year up until this year. In my opinion the value of the membership is self-evident, but I decided I need to stop hoarding so much beer.

WTF is RS?
The Bruery's Reserve Society

my problem with that thread was that people were commenting that had no experience with it. How could you even comment on something being worth the investment without making the investment? That and there had to be the guy that mentions their "infestion issues". Meanwhile, for 2014, theres been no RS package infections. Rue d'floyd, but thats not included in the package. Plus, theres so much beer throughout the year that one or two infected batches doesn't kill the whome experience. Sure, infections shouldn't happen on that level but theres enough top shelf beers to make up for it.
Not to mention that they reimbursed for the infected beers(someone did actually bring that up, but it was disregarded and infections were brought up again...)

Oh, Bruery.

I dropped my RS membership for 2014 but only because I don't have any space to keep the beer.
I joined when they first started it and was a member every year up until this year. In my opinion the value of the membership is self-evident, but I decided I need to stop hoarding so much beer.

I'll take some off of your hands ;)

Yeah, I have 29 bottles waiting at the brewery. If i get 7 more i can just order 12 bottle shippers and get them all in one shot. Yikes, I think I have a problem

Spencer Trappist Ale
Any CCB (except humidor ipa or Jai)
Any Alchemist
Any NEBCO (except Sea Hag)
Any Toppling Goliath
Any Alpine (except Alpine Ale)
Any Lawson's
Any Jackie-O's
Any Duck-Rabbit
Any Pizza Port
Any Pizza Boy
Any de Garde Brewing
Any Modern Times
Any Tired Hands
Any Hair of the Dog
Any Pretty Things
Any Side Project
Any Upland
Any local growler fill from a pub that doesn't bottle

I prefer IPAs but appreciate everything.

Sent from my Commodore64

Bumping the list so we can start making these eMAWs move bright and early...

Were you all talking about that new Facebook page shelf beer trade or something like that? I haven't really looked at the page much.

I think Side Project needs to be left off of eMaw lists. There is not regular/seasonal Side Project beer. Every release is 1,000 bottles or less and people line up super early for them. I have been lucky enough to have a buddy trade me 2 bottles, but almost everything they put out is an instant whale now. Just an FYI to the all eMawers.

I think Side Project needs to be left off of eMaw lists. There is not regular/seasonal Side Project beer. Every release is 1,000 bottles or less and people line up super early for them. I have been lucky enough to have a buddy trade me 2 bottles, but almost everything they put out is an instant whale now. Just an FYI to the all eMawers.

I'm watching Fuzzy go for oodles of whales on BA. It's crazy.

I lasted less than 48 hours before leaving. Not a friendly place. Acting like you're better than someone because of the beer you drink makes my skin crawl. I feel dirty being in that group for less than two days. People take beer way too seriously. It's effing beer people......BEER.

What's the FB shelf beer one? I couldn't find it.
I saw Beer Trade ISO:FT, but that looks like the group you're talking about.
Either way, that sucks that you had to deal with that, Sam.

No, another group ISO:FT

Alright. I thought the new one seemed pretty good. Though I haven't really gotten into it yet.

The one I'm talking about on Facebook if called shelf beer trader. Supposed to be trading without all the BS of the ISO:FT groups.

If you live in Fairfax, go check your door!

On another note, there should be something at MY door later today!

What are you talking about, my bottle shop owner has gotten 4 bottles, and drank two of them already...

I forgot your last name or i'd invite you if you can't find it. But I do remember that your first name is Suzanna

Yeah, I have 29 bottles waiting at the brewery. If i get 7 more i can just order 12 bottle shippers and get them all in one shot. Yikes, I think I have a problem

Ohh geez, im goin to have to rent a u haul truck for all those beers im picking up for you!! And yes you do have a problem(me too) :p

Back