A memorial beer for GreenwoodRover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously need to do a marathon brew someday!! I'd definitely want to do nothing the next day, but having 20G (limit of my current fermenters) of wort at the end of a day would be sweet!!

Just finished brewing up 11 gallons of Shiver Me Bitters. Though I did not sign up for the swap, I felt I should still brew this. I made some minor changes, subbing Willamette for the Fuggles(bought a lb of Willamette), using all Maris Otter for the base malt, and using US-05 insted of US-04. I don't think Rover would have minded. Cant wait till this one is ready.

Just finished brewing up 11 gallons of Shiver Me Bitters. Though I did not sign up for the swap, I felt I should still brew this. I made some minor changes, subbing Willamette for the Fuggles(bought a lb of Willamette), using all Maris Otter for the base malt, and using US-05 insted of US-04. I don't think Rover would have minded. Cant wait till this one is ready.

11 gallons? You could still send 3 bottles to the Greenwood Rovers or the family! ;)

If I could still sign up I'd definitely do it. I just missed out on the swap somehow. Whoever is in charge of the swap, if I could get involved in it, please let me know. PM would be good. I don't even care about getting someone else's brew in return(though it would be cool). Let me know if it's still possible.

OK, got mine on order, I'll be brewing it shortly after getting the ingredients in :) Thanks Ed!

Yes we did :mug: The airlock this morning is off and running!!

I will set aside a few bombers for ya so its more of an even split :ban:

Same here :mug: Although I did forget to take off my makeshift travel stopper when I got home and in the middle of the night it ended up exploding off the carboy. Found it across the room in the recycling bin. Perfect aim! It was at that point I decided an airlock would be a better idea than an airtight stopper.

Took a sneak peak a little while ago. Fermentation is complete and its crystal clear.

Was a timeline or due date ever stated for this beer? I'm trying to coordinate my aging/kegging schedule for this and a Smoked Porter swap.

Since I am an idiot, would the two people that answered this form and DID NOT see HBT Name as a required field, please PM me your responses. One of you said maybe, let me know who that was.

I forgot to add that relevant piece of info.

The form showed up in your e-mail without the name requirement... When I click the link to the actual form it is there. I was the one who said 'Maybe...'

very cool with the forms olllllo...I never know if I should capitalize your name! i know it's proper, but it takes away the idea of the name!

very cool with the forms olllllo...I never know if I should capitalize your name! i know it's proper, but it takes away the idea of the name!

This being an internet forum, I believe handles are to be capitalized or not capitalized based on what their profile shows.

Case in point you seem to be the only person who capitalizes the B in Brownie.

Going to bottle with this either this weekend or the next. 3-4 weeks should be fine for conditioning... though it seems other people here are just getting started.

This being an internet forum, I believe handles are to be capitalized or not capitalized based on what their profile shows.

Case in point you seem to be the only person who capitalizes the B in Brownie.

Going to bottle with this either this weekend or the next. 3-4 weeks should be fine for conditioning... though it seems other people here are just getting started.

This doesn't apply. Brownie is nowhere in your Profile :)

Bt we're getting off topic I suppose.
I should be getting my GWR ESB into secondary for gelatin this weekend, then into keg and on gas next week.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to thank you for your continued support. The sheer number of you that are brewing up the Greenwood Rover memorial beer is touching, and so appreciated. Kevin would have been incredibly honored.

Your contributions to the memorial trust set up for my children mean more to us than you can imagine. It amazes me that so many people are willing to reach out to us in that way - you really have a terrific community here.

We continue to miss Kev, and struggle to move on without him, but the kindnes of people like all of you makes it easier.

Laura Dennis - (Mrs. Greenwood Rover)

Here's where we stand right now. I'm waiting for some more status on a few people. By next week, I'll be forced to do the swaps and forward the shipping info to you. I know you've all been patiently waiting. I feel it's best to get accurate information about who is ready then do the swap assignments now.

On track for Oct 24 shipping
annasdadhockey
AnOldUR
bad coffee
bernerbrau
cellardoor
dataz722
Edcculus
flyangler18
IrregularPulse
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Nurmey
shecky
stevea1210

On track to be finished
Gremlyn

Waiting to hear from Giving an extra week...
Hugh_Jass_Gnome
Kelsch
dataz722

We have one official drop with good reason, we won't discuss that any further.

I can make shipping out by Oct 24th if I do a 3 week primary and two week carb in the bottles. Think that'll be enough? I guess the shipping time will push it closer to 2.5-3 weeks in the bottles by the time it arrives where it is going.

Primary for 25 day. Cold crashed for three. Kegged yesterday. This beer will be a real sleeper. Over shot OG and had great attenuation with WLP026, but the alcohol is hidden nicely by the hop/malt balance. Very drinkable, but watch out. It’s not the session beer it pretends to be.
:drunk:

Bottled this past weekend. Assuming no carbonation issues (used muntons carb tabs but clarified with gelatin for the first time so yeast sparseness may be an issue) Oct 24 is 4 weeks, plenty of time to carb up.

I have one potential bomb (wife put 14 carb tabs in by mistake instead of 7) that's sitting off in a bucket with a closed lid.

Primary for 25 day. Cold crashed for three. Kegged yesterday. This beer will be a real sleeper. Over shot OG and had great attenuation with WLP026, but the alcohol is hidden nicely by the hop/malt balance. Very drinkable, but watch out. It’s not the session beer it pretends to be.
:drunk:
Same here. This may be the best beer I have ever brewed.

We have, Oct 24th. I adjusted my schedule, and it looks like I should be ready to ship by then. Hoping the beer won't be too young, but it'll have about 6 weeks before it has the chance to be sampled. Should be enough time... right?

I have one bottle left of my own! It is very drinkable! :D Is there any executive decision on a label? If not, I will just go ahead and print that one that seemed to be the choice further back in this thread.

Back