A memorial beer for GreenwoodRover?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That feeling will go away when you get mine. :D

I'm kidding. I tapped it a couple weeks ago and friends had some at a party Sunday. It was the tap that got the most use of the four, so I'll take that as a good sign.

And don't worry, there's plenty left.

I forgot I could never compete with the likes of shecky. Since my Shiver Me Bitters is going to be so unremarkable in comparison to yours, maybe I shouldn't send you any :p

Is there an generic label available for the bottles to be sent to family/Rovers?

Pitched mine last night at 64*F, 1.050, this morning it's starting to show krausen at 65*F. I plan to ferment in the mid 60's to let the hops really come through, this one smelled really great going into the fermenter!

Sorry, guys, I don't have this shipped out yet. I've got the boxes and packing stuff, but I still need to print out and affix labels, and pack the beers to ship. Gonna see about hooking up to my floor's color printer since I'm out of color ink at home.

Labels are printed out... gonna put these on the bottles tonight, and if I have enough packing material, pack to ship out tomorrow.

I'm hoping to have this bottled and shipped by the end of the week, but it might have to wait until next week. I'm knee deep in an unexpected work issue that is going to take up much of my time.

It'll probably be next week before I get these out myself. I'm planning to send a bottle of medieval ale and a bottle of mild along with this bitter.

Finally remembered to bring a bottle to work so i can size up my labels. Then home to apply labels to already bottled beers. Hope to ship this week or weekend.

I just shipped my "Yeast cultures" an hour ago. :)

Am I allowed to call it beer in Ohio when shipping UPS?
I don not think so

It'll probably be next week before I get these out myself. I'm planning to send a bottle of medieval ale and a bottle of mild along with this bitter.
Can't wait to taste them :)
I have apfelwein, IPA, Smoked Porter and my Pilot Light that I may be able to send with mine.

So we said three is the magic number for bottles to ship, but is that supposed to be three 12 oz-ers?

So we said three is the magic number for bottles to ship, but is that supposed to be three 12 oz-ers?

Wait.... three?

I've got 2 bombers going to each recipient and 4 going to the rovers. Was I not supposed to do that?

If not, let me know and I'll try to stop my wife from shipping them out today.

Sorry, I'm new to this bottle swap thing.

Wait.... three?

I've got 2 bombers going to each recipient and 4 going to the rovers. Was I not supposed to do that?

I'm sending (3) 12 oz'ers myself, but I wouldn't worry about trying to stop shipment.

(2) 22'ers is still more volume than (3) 12'ers.

RDWHAHB

Can't wait to taste them

You're not one of my recipients there, hoss. ;)

Wait.... three?

That's why I was asking, I bottle in 22's as well, I would think two 22's would be fine.

Wait.... three?

...and now I'm organizing one. WTF?!

Just cracked one after 3 weeks in the bottle. A little undercarbed, but still tastes good. Gonna move it to a warmer area for a day or two, then ship out.

The beer fairy left a package at my doorstep yesterday. Thanks for the beers, Nurmey:mug:

I hope to ship mine tomorrow.

The beer fairy left a package at my doorstep yesterday. Thanks for the beers, Nurmey:mug:

I hope to ship mine tomorrow.

I too received my Nurmey Package. Thank you for the gifts :) They're in the fridge now. Me and SWMBO will have a Git-R-Dun laugh tonight.

Need to round up two more packages and ship mine out :)

To my recipients:

I'll be sending them off on Monday. I just had one last night and it turned out pretty good. It was my first time using S-04 and it lends a nice character to the beer.

Put my keg in the fridge a couple of weeks ago. On Monday I noticed that I forgot to open the CO2 valve to that line. I'll test it out over the weekend, but should be able to ship the beginning of the week.

Sorry for the delay. :drunk:

Put my keg in the fridge a couple of weeks ago. On Monday I noticed that I forgot to open the CO2 valve to that line. I'll test it out over the weekend, but should be able to ship the beginning of the week.

Sorry for the delay. :drunk:

At least all mine are accounted for now!

I'm going to send out a follow-up survey and ask that you fill it out as you get your shipment. I'm trying to some up with a process for these that makes sense and can be passed on to others (web app dev perhaps).

For now, the google doc/forms are the right price.

To my recipients - cellardoor, bernerbrau, annasdadhockey - I'll pack them up over the weekend and ship them up Monday or Tuesday next week. I apologise in advance for the chill haze you will experience, I forgot the whirlfloc, but it's still tasty! :mug: I'm going to drop in a little local treat for you as well :)

To my recipients - cellardoor, bernerbrau, annasdadhockey - I'll pack them up over the weekend and ship them up Monday or Tuesday next week. I apologise in advance for the chill haze you will experience, I forgot the whirlfloc, but it's still tasty! :mug: I'm going to drop in a little local treat for you as well :)

Is it hops? I hope it's hops!

Latest posts

Back