2015 Bourbon County releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Local store got like...20 cases of Rare?!? I didn't get any, you'd have to be in line for that and I said nope to that. They still had regular at 9 bucks a pop an hour later though. Amazing considering they got like a case of each the last two years, and lotteried the variants.

Lol YESSS this is the drama I want...

He announced over the intercom that "the limit has changed from 3 to 1" after people were in the store.... with the reception that garnered that didn't stand long.

1 case of reg, 3 rares, a utopias, ba ten fiddy, tweak, kbs later... I'm glad I don't have a shared checking account with my wife.

Went to Kappy's Medford and got a case of the regular at $9.05/each (bottle deposit yo!).

While I was looking at their other stuff on the shelf, a neckbeard-y looking scrub and his friend/roommate/bf/whatever were inspecting these unmarked cheap cardboard 12-bottle cases that had BCBS in them. They were hoping to find variants left in those boxes at like 12:30pm so they were pulling bottles out of each and every one.

Chuckled to myself as I left.

Sooo... what are people standing in line for, exactly? Just the regular? Variants? Rare? Here in NorCal (Mountain View) both Whole Foods and BevMo had bottles at 9am with barely anybody else there (though no variants, and BevMo was charging a whopping $12). Is this stuff more rare elsewhere in the country?

Also, I thought BA Ten Fidy didn't get distro?

Sooo... what are people standing in line for, exactly? Just the regular? Variants? Rare? Here in NorCal (Mountain View) both Whole Foods and BevMo had bottles at 9am with barely anybody else there (though no variants, and BevMo was charging a whopping $12). Is this stuff more rare elsewhere in the country?

Also, I thought BA Ten Fidy didn't get distro?
In SF the local bevmo had regular, coffee, and BW. I strolled in a bit after 9 to a couple people in line. Scored a regular and BW, coffee had sold out to the person in front of me. not bothered by it.

Was it also $12 in SF? I had to grit my teeth for that but I figured it was worth it in case I couldn't find any more.

Regular was $12 and BW was $14. I think that's pretty reasonable given it's SF and not bubble****middleofamericatown

I'd agree except the Whole Foods right next door was charging $10 (albeit with a limit of 1 vs 2 at BevMo).

Went to Kappy's Medford and got a case of the regular at $9.05/each (bottle deposit yo!).

While I was looking at their other stuff on the shelf, a neckbeard-y looking scrub and his friend/roommate/bf/whatever were inspecting these unmarked cheap cardboard 12-bottle cases that had BCBS in them. They were hoping to find variants left in those boxes at like 12:30pm so they were pulling bottles out of each and every one.

Chuckled to myself as I left.

I found a Backyard Rye at Atlas last year doing that. #SorryNotSorry
EDIT: Two years ago.

I see on Untappd that there's a 13.7% version and a 14.something% version (which is the one that's listed on Goose Island's website). What's up with that?

(Mine was 13.7% yesterday, didn't check today's batch.)

I see on Untappd that there's a 13.7% version and a 14.something% version (which is the one that's listed on Goose Island's website). What's up with that?

14% ABV master ticker race exclusive, illuminati confirmed. Heard you could only grab them at select gas stations across georgia.

It's for states that have an abv limit. They screwed up and sent it to the wrong states.

Struck out entirely on Coffee and Rare. Would have skipped rare anyway at $80 each. Was bummed about the Coffee miss. In a cruel twist of fate, my variant options at store 1 were Prop or Barleywine - the two variants I wanted least. Lucky to have picked up a Regal somewhere else. Iowa, IL got a lot less on the variant front this year. I think there might have been a half-dozen bottles of Coffee and Regal in the whole area.

BCBS Shitlord Of the Day Awards

Enter your best shitlords of the day. I want to see who is the one true lord.

My Entrant:
- Guy gets the last Rare.
- "It's the LAST one?" "Uhh yep."
- "YESSSS!" *air punching* "Oh yeah!" *fist pumping* "YESSSS! MMMM!"
- This continues through his entire transaction (at least a minute or two) while everyone behind him is some combination of

95dc1faebf2b7947c56cca0fcea44a25.gif

and
giphy.gif

I'd agree except the Whole Foods right next door was charging $10 (albeit with a limit of 1 vs 2 at BevMo).
Got regular for 8.99 and 9.49 at the first two places, which I was really pleased by. Don't remember what the variants were exactly but I think 12-13. Last store (upscale grocery liquor store) had regular for 12.99 and variants around 15....annoying but it evened out.

Went to bevmo at 8 since that's the time their website said they opened. They don't open until 9. There was a line already.

Went down the street and had breakfast.
Got back at 9 with 10 or so people in line and the person at the front was there since 645.

**** waiting in line for beer.

Dumbasses.

EB1CXEPh.jpg

The LT and myself got in line at 245am at Lincoln Park Binnys and had tickets to the 10 am tasting session. Also my mother is a saint and jumped in line at Oak Brook Binnys at 645 am with another local friend. Long day but I'm really enjoying all the 2015 beers and thought the Goose / Binnys crew did great with a thankless job processing roughly 1000 people.

So I was told tonight (by the woman who designed the BCS Proprietors 2015) that the 35 year Heaven Hill barrels that were used for 2015 produced a whiskey that was so intensely oaked they were dumped as they couldn't blend them into any other labels. I for one was always curious what happened to that whiskey.

Apparently a fire 15+ years ago destroyed a bunch of records and these barrels were lost until being found 3ish years ago.

Struck out entirely on Coffee and Rare. Would have skipped rare anyway at $80 each. Was bummed about the Coffee miss. In a cruel twist of fate, my variant options at store 1 were Prop or Barleywine - the two variants I wanted least. Lucky to have picked up a Regal somewhere else. Iowa, IL got a lot less on the variant front this year. I think there might have been a half-dozen bottles of Coffee and Regal in the whole area.

BCBS Shitlord Of the Day Awards

Enter your best shitlords of the day. I want to see who is the one true lord.

My Entrant:
- Guy gets the last Rare.
- "It's the LAST one?" "Uhh yep."
- "YESSSS!" *air punching* "Oh yeah!" *fist pumping* "YESSSS! MMMM!"
- This continues through his entire transaction (at least a minute or two) while everyone behind him is some combination of

95dc1faebf2b7947c56cca0fcea44a25.gif

and
giphy.gif
Last of the allocation bottles are always worth double in trade value.

EB1CXEPh.jpg

The LT and myself got in line at 245am at Lincoln Park Binnys and had tickets to the 10 am tasting session. Also my mother is a saint and jumped in line at Oak Brook Binnys at 645 am with another local friend. Long day but I'm really enjoying all the 2015 beers and thought the Goose / Binnys crew did great with a thankless job processing roughly 1000 people.

Pah! Look at those LAME old BCBS bottles. Not even proprietary bottle shapes. Take the label off and they could just be any old pleb bottle of beer. I assume those are for beer pong or butt-chugging?

Pah! Look at those LAME old BCBS bottles. Not even proprietary bottle shapes. Take the label off and they could just be any old pleb bottle of beer. I assume those are for beer pong or butt-chugging?

Fun fact: you can shotgun pre-2015 Bourbon County bottles.
Fun fact: Bourbon County had gold flake in it before the introduction of the shitty pint bottles.
Fun fact: you can fit 2 '14 BCBS bottles in your butt to every 1 '15 bottle of BCBS.

EDIT: I will concede that '15 BCBS bottles are worth $35 at recycling plants in MI and MS, as opposed to only $12 for '14 BCBS bottles.

Back