2018 Bourbon County Brand Stout and Variant Releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whole Foods in Brooklyn was selling Vanilla for $22.99.

Place in South Jersey was selling Vanilla for $21.99.

Everywhere else, $25-30 in this area.

Had a vanilla last night and really enjoyed it. Tasting notes include marshmallow/vanilla extract/baker's chocolate. The base stout was good, maybe a little "hot" but otherwise just as I'd expected it to be. Not sure what I paid for the bottles but 3X regular, 1 vanilla and 1 bramble came to $89.20. No regrets about my purchase (but I've not had Bramble yet).

Coffee BW was the only one I was particularly after but it looks like Brooklyn got shut out. TBD if I can bother heading to Queens tomorrow to get it. Still better than only getting regular and BW around here last year.

Local bodega selling these at RRP. Wheatwine is excellent imo.

1FAA4D0C-52B8-42FE-8D88-DD35B964BF64.jpeg

Coffee BW was the only one I was particularly after but it looks like Brooklyn got shut out. TBD if I can bother heading to Queens tomorrow to get it. Still better than only getting regular and BW around here last year.

Local bodega selling these at RRP. Wheatwine is excellent imo.

View attachment 2743
Damn. Can't find any variants around in CT. I wanna try that niller and wheatwine :(

So FIBs, does Prop disappear right away everywhere in Chicago? Flying into town Saturday morning and back out Sunday, but wondering if there's any chance that I'll be able to find bottles somewhere.

HF Chelsea had (as of an hour ago) cases of BCBS Reserve, Orange, Wheatwine, and Coffee Barleywine sitting out on the floor no limit $24/$23/$15/$15

Good luck!

Crazy. Brand new bar in nowheresville Arkansas had Bramble and reg on tap. They also had vanilla, coffee bw, and wheatwine in bottles for on site consumption or to go. $20 per. Damn. Had the drafts last night and going back tonight for the coffee bw and likely the vanilla. All the calories.

Oh yeah, Bramble... really fruit forward and a bit over the top. Not a fan.
Reg was hot and lacking balance. Meh.

Yup. Had 4 cases when i left

The scene at 3pm in Whole Foods Chelsea.

So far today I’ve had the option to buy full cases of Regular, Reserve, Vanilla, Orange, Wheatwine and Coffee Barleywine.

That’s pretty mental.

View attachment 2794

If anyone around there would be willing to C&S me 2-3 bottles of the Reserve I would be happy to repay the favor down the line

Sorry guys I would normally love to help, but I am out tomorrow and nowhere near WF until Friday afternoon, when it will most likely be gone. I already bought 6 Reserve today for C&S and had I known I would have just bought a case for you ****ers.

Apologies to anyone who got their hopes up after PMing me regarding Reserve C&S. When I left WF on Wednesday morning after buying a over mixed case of BCBS variants for some of you ****ers on here (you know who you are) there were roughly 5 - 7 cases of each variant minus Vanilla and Bramble left, and no one even noticing they were there. Apparently word got out on BA yesterday and within a few hours the entire stock was swooped up by shitlords. I was out of office yesterday but went to WF this morning and found an empty floor with a few cases of regular and Midnight Orange left.

Sorry everyone! I'll keep my eyes peeled at other locations but I doubt anything is left at any WF in NYC according to the BA thread.

I hate everyone that has/had access to cases of this at reasonable prices.

What the regular? Local grocery store has a whole ****ing rack of 17 and 18 at 11.99 a bottle if you want some. I saw it when I was buying a case of Miller High Life Champagne bottles at 2.50 a bottle. Don't judge me.

Apologies to anyone who got their hopes up after PMing me regarding Reserve C&S. When I left WF on Wednesday morning after buying a over mixed case of BCBS variants for some of you ****ers on here (you know who you are) there were roughly 5 - 7 cases of each variant minus Vanilla and Bramble left, and no one even noticing they were there. Apparently word got out on BA yesterday and within a few hours the entire stock was swooped up by shitlords. I was out of office yesterday but went to WF this morning and found an empty floor with a few cases of regular and Midnight Orange left.

Sorry everyone! I'll keep my eyes peeled at other locations but I doubt anything is left at any WF in NYC according to the BA thread.

That was my fault. Lesson learned.

Don't worry. Every last last speck of faith I had in human nature has been crushed under the weight of BA's shitbaggery.

I've told one my pals they're getting one Reserve instead of two. So IndianaJones since you were first in line you get first refusal on it.

If you're offering, I'm your huckleberry. PM sent

Who dislikes Wheatwine? They're wrong.

It's no Coffee Barleywine though.

Lots of people saying that wheatwine has too much of a "fruit character".

Had limited room in my luggage and opted for wheatwine over coffee barleywine.

Send me one. Not serious.

Lots of people saying that wheatwine has too much of a "fruit character".

Had limited room in my luggage and opted for wheatwine over coffee barleywine.

Send me one. Not serious.
I only have two props from the Clybourn tasting session that I don't really want. Didn't look for bottles at all. Haven't even been to a liquor store since Black Friday.

Coffee is the only variant I regret not having a few bottles of.

A few journalist friends who attended press events in New York and London confirmed that. They also increased the proportion of variants in the production run quite significantly.

Back