2015 Bourbon County releases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, do they do half pours? A 20oz pour sounds....daunting.

you're%2Ba%2Bpussy.gif

Am i am bad person for having Zero ****ing interest in this ****? Srs.

Never tasted any variant, zero ****ing interest, I have never given less ****s about any release of beer ever ( year whatever and counting).

A load of you take the piss out of #newmoney and people new to beer.

A load of you are ****ing hypocrites.

Does anyone at Goose Island/ABInbev confirm that allocations are based on the amount of GI/ABInbev products sold over the year, or is that speculation? Because based on anecdotal stories I'm hearing it sounds like a load of BS. Or at the very least something at least some of the distributors just ignore.

Does anyone at Goose Island/ABInbev confirm that allocations are based on the amount of GI/ABInbev products sold over the year, or is that speculation? Because based on anecdotal stories I'm hearing it sounds like a load of BS. Or at the very least something at least some of the distributors just ignore.
I believe that distributors numbers are based on GI products sold (that's what I have been told) but yeah store numbers are decided how ever distributors want and it seems like they deviate from that.

I believe that distributors numbers are based on GI products sold (that's what I have been told) but yeah store numbers are decided how ever distributors want and it seems like they deviate from that.

Yeah I can see that being the case. It's just really bizarre how it's being allocated, seemingly. Some anecdotes:

-The two stores in my podunk town got tons of cases of regular (probably > 40 between the two). They do sell a ****-ton of Bud Light there. ;)

-The biggest store in the biggest city in the state, which moves (to my knowledge) a huge amount of ABI/GI beer, is only getting regular (a "small amount", in their words - who knows what that means) and Rare, the latter of which is being raffled because there's so little (guessing 1-3 cases total).

-Some tiny-ass store in North Charleston (seriously it's one of these cool little hole-in-the-wall neighborhood stores, not one of the big ones down there) posted on Facebook they are getting 4 different types.

I don't really care because I'm in Vermont, more simply interested in how the logistics are determined.

The largest allocation of 4 cases here is going to a Chevron station with a mediocre craft selection. Everywhere else is getting two cases and no variants.
The chevron is selling theirs at midnight and encouraging people to arrive earlier than that to ensure you get A bottle.

**** that noise. I won't stand in line for a brewery only release. I sure as hell ain't going to do it for a nationally distributed beer.

Back