Top Hops (NYC) Goose Island Bourbon County Black Friday Event

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what its worth, I thought the release at Top Hops was very well run and for the most part, enjoyable. I came down around 2:15 AM with some friends from CT and we were approx 60th in line. By around 4:30 the line had grown to the cutoff point of around 150 people (if you were looking for Rare). It was definitely crazy to see such an enthusiastic turnout.

There was some light sharing going on up and down the line, and from what I was told the earliest people arrived around 8 PM on Thursday. Once 9 AM hit I was in and out in under an hour with my full allotment. The coffee and beignets were a nice plus, along with the coffee beans, poster and glassware. I understand waiting in line for 5+ before dawn is pretty aggressive, but with the mild temps and general low-key temperament (I saw NO line cutters) it made for a good time.

Oh and TRUE STORY. Right after my group arrived a big white van drove up and a bunch of early-20-somethings got out, plopped down some lawn chairs to "hold their spots" and went back into their van to smoke and pass out. They seemed like fish out of water at this event, with just a strange attitude you don't see in beer lines. As it happened, around 6:30 AM one of them finally emerges to take a leak and he found out they were IN THE WRONG LINE. These kids thought they were waiting for ****ing sneakers (some Black Friday shoe thing was happening 2 blocks away). That van peeled away so fast as our entire section was cracking up. Freakin' kids man, hope they got their kicks

For what its worth, I thought the release at Top Hops was very well run and for the most part, enjoyable. I came down around 2:15 AM with some friends from CT and we were approx 60th in line. By around 4:30 the line had grown to the cutoff point of around 150 people (if you were looking for Rare). It was definitely crazy to see such an enthusiastic turnout.

There was some light sharing going on up and down the line, and from what I was told the earliest people arrived around 8 PM on Thursday. Once 9 AM hit I was in and out in under an hour with my full allotment. The coffee and beignets were a nice plus, along with the coffee beans, poster and glassware. I understand waiting in line for 5+ before dawn is pretty aggressive, but with the mild temps and general low-key temperament (I saw NO line cutters) it made for a good time.

Oh and TRUE STORY. Right after my group arrived a big white van drove up and a bunch of early-20-somethings got out, plopped down some lawn chairs to "hold their spots" and went back into their van to smoke and pass out. They seemed like fish out of water at this event, with just a strange attitude you don't see in beer lines. As it happened, around 6:30 AM one of them finally emerges to take a leak and he found out they were IN THE WRONG LINE. These kids thought they were waiting for ****ing sneakers (some Black Friday shoe thing was happening 2 blocks away). That van peeled away so fast as our entire section was cracking up. Freakin' kids man, hope they got their kicks
TalkSneaks.com

I was just in front of you with capekmay and met primebeer and we hung out for the day. The line moved really well. We hit a few stores and got back in line and we just missed getting a second coffee. Got a couple 13 and 14 reg BCBS as well for 6.99.

Another funny thing was almost everyone was pouring out the free coffee. I did not try it, but I am assuming it was terrible. There was a dumped coffee stream on the street.

Probably my last time camping out, but I had a good time.

I was just in front of you with capekmay and met primebeer and we hung out for the day. The line moved really well. We hit a few stores and got back in line and we just missed getting a second coffee. Got a couple 13 and 14 reg BCBS as well for 6.99.

Another funny thing was almost everyone was pouring out the free coffee. I did not try it, but I am assuming it was terrible. There was a dumped coffee stream on the street.

Probably my last time camping out, but I had a good time.

Yeah despite the fact it was a solid time I don't think I'll repeat this next year. As a one-time Bucket list sort of event it was worthwhile though. Met some really cool people in line and considering we were there for like 8 hours the time went by pretty quickly. Didn't even realize Etkin was with you cats, I do a terrible job remembering faces I've met along the way. But glad we got to hang with you guys!

Yeah despite the fact it was a solid time I don't think I'll repeat this next year. As a one-time Bucket list sort of event it was worthwhile though. Met some really cool people in line and considering we were there for like 8 hours the time went by pretty quickly. Didn't even realize Etkin was with you cats, I do a terrible job remembering faces I've met along the way. But glad we got to hang with you guys!

Haha, yeah I took a few passes at your section of the line and didn't feel like doing the awkward "Are you Codasnap fromTB?" to the 5 different people in your part of the line with black hats on.

Also forgot to mention that angry_lobster was also in our part of the line and we killed several hours chatting. Good dude!

top hops was down to 4 cases of regular last night - i think they've sold through 220 or 240 since friday. definitely more sold since friday than all of last year's BCBS (and if you remember, TH carried it for months and months). TH also has barleywine left. as of last night, BCBS 13 14 15 and BCBW 14 15 were on tap.

So stoked that I went to the event primebeer blassor, looks like Jersey is totally getting shafted. NO variants, and local shops are reporting only getting one case. Raffles and "secret lists' galore...

So stoked that I went to the event primebeer blassor, looks like Jersey is totally getting shafted. NO variants, and local shops are reporting only getting one case. Raffles and "secret lists' galore...
I was feeling guilty about buying the case on that day but ultimately I'm happy I did! No news on what CT will be getting

Latest posts

Back