MD, DC, DE, South PA Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me? teach? no.....I went to big brew day, but couldnt get the keggle and and mash tun in and out of the mustang in the rain, so no brewing :(

Oh I thought you were in charge of it or something.... and by mustang you really do mean 1992 POS right? :D

Wow, this thing took a turn... I think I am gonna like hanging with you guys.

I think I am going to do the cream of 3 crops if you want to go in on that with me. I only have a 7.5 gal pot though so if you dont have a bigger one we will have to probably wait and borrow one.

I have a keggle that I can bring on down. Let me know what ingredients you want me to bring. I can also brink my portable pumping station if you want.

Oh I thought you were in charge of it or something.... and by mustang you really do mean 1992 POS right? :D

the 95 accord got condemed, I have an 09 mustang convertable, and you can only put big **** (keggle) in and out when the top is down, so I REALLLY hope its not raining on the 16th :D

Wow, this thing took a turn... I think I am gonna like hanging with you guys.

I have a keggle that I can bring on down. Let me know what ingredients you want me to bring. I can also brink my portable pumping station if you want.

were lots of fun... just dont be too sensitve, and bring meade :D

Well I have the 2row and some hops that we could substitute. We still need the rice and wheat (i think its wheat) rice hulls, and yeasts.... or so I think.

oh yeah, we aren't your typical brewers

the 95 accord got condemed, I have an 09 mustang convertable, and you can only put big **** (keggle) in and out when the top is down, so I REALLLY hope its not raining on the 16th :D

condemed??? how the hell did that happen? and what the hell made you get a mustang?

condemed??? how the hell did that happen? and what the hell made you get a mustang?

i took it in to get an oil change.... and the mechanic said my gas lines and break lines were both rusted out, among other things, and it would be 3000 +to fix it. and I got a mustang, cuz I always wanted a convertable :)

and I LOVE it

I definitely have the hops too, so I can at least contribute there too. I have the Wilamette and Hallertau as a sub for the crystal.

A triploid released in 1993 as part of a program attempting to develop an American substitute for Hallertauer Mittelfrüh, Crystal was derived primarily from Hallertauer with contributions from Cascade, Brewer's Gold and Early Green. Also known as CJF-Hallertau. Sister hops from the same program include Liberty, Mount Hood, and Ultra.

Looks like Hallertau would work nicely. I have 2+ pounds of cascade too if you want to save yours.

It is either read and refresh this thread, or watch dancing with the stars with the wife. I need to get back to refreshing...

Looks like Hallertau would work nicely. I have 2+ pounds of cascade too if you want to save yours.

If you want to bring the cascade and I can bring the hallertau that should be fine, assuming you meant to sub the cascade for the crystal. Let me know what you want from me in either cash or beer to make up for my end of the ingredients.

You didn't "invite yourself" -- this thread is an open invitation for people to come brew at my house that day.

Bring what you can, I'm hoping we have plenty of equipment.

I'm guessing the main thing will be mash tuns, kettles, burners, and propane. I have 2 burners and 1 prop tank -- so I'll ask as many people that can bring their tanks to do so. There's a swap place nearby if anyone needs to refill the day of the event.

That said - anyone who is coming that doesn't know where I live already, please PM me and I will get you directions and a contact number. I would prefer not to post all this over the interweb. :)
Jezter,

I need directions to your place place a phone #.

Mike

I smacked a pack of yeast this morning, will be making a starter in the next day or two
Making a 1 gal starter tonight from the 1007 I washed back in March. Only have three bottles of the Sticke Alt left, I need to bottle the other carboy this week.

Back