MD, DC, DE, South PA Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep taking 1/2g growlers places - so who knows. :)

I was telling Mike last night that we should play some Saison Pong since we're out of Apfelwein this time.

woo!!!

Hopefully the Weizenbock will be carbed by Saturday, and we can play a game of kill the keg of either Saison or Dead Guy Clone!

I was planning on bringing my "F'ed up guy" and playing kill the keg with that.

Soooooo anyone look at the weather? They are saying scattered thunder-storms.

Yeah, I pitched a smack pack into a 1/2g growler with an airlock with the 1007. I should have done it in a bigger jug, but I only have 1/2g and then a 5g. :)

Because I can.

Honestly, I didn't expect it to basically explode in under 24 hours, but then again I did pitch a whole wyeast packet into a 1/2g of wort. Talk about overpitching!! :)

Because I can.

Honestly, I didn't expect it to basically explode in under 24 hours, but then again I did pitch a whole wyeast packet into a 1/2g of wort. Talk about overpitching!! :)
Jezter,

I will not be able to make brewday on Sat. My wife called me at work around 3:00 today.
My Garage, Brewery, Workshop burn't to the ground today. My neighbor put some ashes from a burn pit behind his barn in the field. The ashes still had some hot coals that started his barn on fire. With that strong wind out of the South today it quickly spread to my garage which was only about 50 ft from his barn. It burn't to the ground, but it could have been much worse. The wind carried some hot ashes up to my house and started a bush on fire which started the vinyl siding on my house bruning. I thank the lord that the local fire cheif from Mt. Wolf saw it and put the fire out on my house. I was ten minutes away from losing my House! The local fire departments saved my house and those of my neighbors> You can see whats left of my garage on Fox 43 News out of York. Need less to say my brewing is going to be out of comission for a while. My brew system, ingredients, lager freezer, beer fridge was all out there. Not to mention all my wood working equipment.

Bottom line is I still have my house and no body was hurt! I'll be doing some serious fund raising for my local fire company, those guys were great!

Look for my brewery to rise again out of the ashes, the Pheonix brewery is what its new name is going to be.

Sorry to hear about that man. But you are right, thank god it wasn't any worse. If you have a problems or questions when it comes to insurance let me know and I will try and answer it for you. Insurance companies many times will try and screw you over.

Sorry to hear that Mike! I wish you all the best and can't wait for the chance to brew with you.

Clap - what you making? You doing 10g of something you want to split out since we'll have some extra Alt left over?

You guys have a psychic reporter or something??? A Barn and Garage Burn to the Ground on Codorus Furance Road, East Manchester Township, York County. - WPMT

The article was written at 2:39 but according to the article it happened at 2:57!!! Sorry to make a joke about this whole thing but I just had to point that out.
My wife called me at work around 3:00, I heard the sirens on the phone in the background. The first call to 911 might have been the earlier time???

My wife called me at work around 3:00, I heard the sirens on the phone in the background. The first call to 911 might have been the earlier time???

d00d Thats horrible! When you are ready to start rebuilding your brew stuff Im sure we can all hhok you up with some beer :)

d00d Thats horrible! When you are ready to start rebuilding your brew stuff Im sure we can all hhok you up with some beer :)
Thanks for the offer! Luckily all but two of my carboys were here in the house except for two in the lager freezer that was in the garage. I just had bottled my last 5.5 gal of Helles and a Czech Pils the night before. I only lost two carboys of beer, the other 5.5 gal Czech Pils and a Munich Dunkel. My bottles are stored in the basement along with about 14 carboys. I had all my bottling euipment and plastic buckets here in the house also. Damn typical homebrewer I'm thinking about my brew system, maltmill, 400 lbs of grain and 7 lbs of hops that I lost. Again thanks but right now I still feel very fortunate thanks to the firefighters that saved my house and probably most of the neighbors houses.

Sorry to hear that Mike! I wish you all the best and can't wait for the chance to brew with you.

Clap - what you making? You doing 10g of something you want to split out since we'll have some extra Alt left over?

im fine with that.... we just need to adjust your hop additions :D

Back