Your most-hated song

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from the 70s & 80s & love all the classic rocks. Love the Eagles, Zep, Skynyrd, Deep Purple... all of it

"Hotel California ", "Stairway to Heaven ", "Free Bird", "Smoke on the Water " all great songs, some of the greatest songs in rock history

But I swear I would live a happy life if I never hear any of them ever again

Yeah, after the first million times you hear them they get annoying.

Basically anything that was from the disco era. But there's two songs that I really loathe, one modern, 7 years old. The other from the disco era, Mcarthur park. For me the lyrics doesn't make sense, and that is deal breaker for me

Basically anything that was from the disco era. But there's two songs that I really loathe, one modern, 7 years old. The other from the disco era, Mcarthur park. For me the lyrics doesn't make sense, and that is deal breaker for me
I'm with you on MacArthur Park. Absolutely hate it!!

* edit: Just went back to page 1 and checked....yep I listed it. Blech, I hate it...

I love their bass and drum. Melodies are amazing, lyrics are intelligent. Its just the sound of his nasally whiny voice that irritates me!

Sometimes zepplin gets to me too for the same reasons.

Well according to Pavement he talks like a normal guy.

Btw there better not be any pavement songs on this thread!

yeah... I wore this shirt in high school

discosucks.jpg

Disco definitely sucks. But, for the record, “MacArthur Park” wasn’t a product of the Disco Era. People of a certain age probably remember the Donna Summer version, but the song was written, by Jimmy Webb, and originally recorded, by Richard Harris, almost ten years earlier.

Webb has explained in interviews over the years that the lyrics were simply observations of things he saw at various times in MacArthur Park in Los Angeles while hanging out there with his then girlfriend. The cake left in the rain was at the wedding of a couple who had the misfortune of having it start to rain during the proceedings.

Even with some background information to provide context, MacArthur Park is a weird song. It was very popular at the time, however. I was a college student in ‘68-‘69 when the song was popular. Along with “In-a-Gadda-Davida” MacArthur Park could be heard almost anywhere on campus at any time of the day or night.

The psychedelic period of rock ‘n’ roll certainly produced some musical oddities.

Disco definitely sucks. But, for the record, “MacArthur Park” wasn’t a product of the Disco Era. People of a certain age probably remember the Donna Summer version, but the song was written, by Jimmy Webb, and originally recorded, by Richard Harris, almost ten years earlier.

Webb has explained in interviews over the years that the lyrics were simply observations of things he saw at various times in MacArthur Park in Los Angeles while hanging out there with his then girlfriend. The cake left in the rain was at the wedding of a couple who had the misfortune of having it start to rain during the proceedings.

Even with some background information to provide context, MacArthur Park is a weird song. It was very popular at the time, however. I was a college student in ‘68-‘69 when the song was popular. Along with “In-a-Gadda-Davida” MacArthur Park could be heard almost anywhere on campus at any time of the day or night.

The psychedelic period of rock ‘n’ roll certainly produced some musical oddities.
I was unaware Donna Summer covered it. I hate her version too.....even though I've never heard it.

Jessie's Girl...Ric Springfield..
Real good mate

Jessie is a friend, yeah
I know he's been a good friend of mine
But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl and I want to make her mine

I'm not a big country guy, but will listen to most other things. This may sound odd but when it comes to hated music, if I have a really bad concert experience with a band, I hate them forever more because their music reminds me of the terrible show I paid money to see.

So far, the only two bands to hold this honor are:

Guns N' Roses - Jackwagon Axl never showed up for the concert, so the audience (a bunch of 80's biker-type people, mind you) spent close to three hours listening to CKY and Mix Master Mike form the Beastie Boys before they announced that the show was cancelled. There was a Riot in the Stadium. Good times.

The Who - Sacrilege? Maybe, but the show I went to, I had the misfortune of sitting behind some guy that was either drunk or on some sort of drug. He spent the ENTIRE show swaying around and tone-deaf singing every song from beginning to end, which sucks because they played Tommy in its entirety. I now can't listen to this band without thinking of that

I'm not a big country guy, but will listen to most other things. This may sound odd but when it comes to hated music, if I have a really bad concert experience with a band, I hate them forever more because their music reminds me of the terrible show I paid money to see.

So far, the only two bands to hold this honor are:

Guns N' Roses - Jackwagon Axl never showed up for the concert, so the audience (a bunch of 80's biker-type people, mind you) spent close to three hours listening to CKY and Mix Master Mike form the Beastie Boys before they announced that the show was cancelled. There was a Riot in the Stadium. Good times.

The Who - Sacrilege? Maybe, but the show I went to, I had the misfortune of sitting behind some guy that was either drunk or on some sort of drug. He spent the ENTIRE show swaying around and tone-deaf singing every song from beginning to end, which sucks because they played Tommy in its entirety. I now can't listen to this band without thinking of that
Thats awesome or awful. I dislike a few songs due to memories, experiences and associations rather than the quality of the song or band.

Back