MS Walks rule, but MS Still sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourfarthing

I make beer, what's your superpower?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As many of you may know, a decade ago my sister was diagnosed with MS. Over the past year, there have been great achievements in the medical community to help those who suffer from MS, and there are more to come. Please consider donating to Walk MS on my behalf as I attempt to beat my fundraise from last year and top $3,650 (or 10 bucks for every day in the year). To everyone that contributed last year, thank you, we combined to be one of the top fundraisers in Westchester County and hopefully this year we can do even better!

To that end, I commit to the following:

If I raise $5,000, I will run a 5k,
If I raise $10,000, I will run a 10k,
If I raise $13,100, I will run a half marathon, and
If I somehow raise $26,200, I will run a marathon. Seriously.

Please consider donating here -> I'm participating in Walk MS®️

That is not all though. 2020 took a ton from us, but it also took away some of our best people. In fact it took away one of the best. On November 6th 2020, Jason Buehler (Ferris to many) suddenly left us after a mountain climbing accident. He was a gentlemen that would light up a room and could walk into a bar knowing no one and leave being everyone's best friend. For this community it matters more, because Buehler was the head brewer for Denver Beer Company. He was literally living our dream. Last year I contributed $1,809 to the gofundme set up for his family by matching 10% of every dollar that we raise for this walk (and doing more bc of course I did).

Please also consider contributing individually here -> Jason Buehler Family Fund, organized by Ryan Mann. This is still taking funds, so please feel free to donate to help them out.

Below is the standard MS walk statement if you would like to learn more about this cause.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. MS is different for everyone, and that makes it all the more challenging to solve. The first Walk MS event was in 1988, and since then more than $920 million has been raised for research and programs to improve the lives of people living with MS. Today, there are treatments where there weren't any before, and the dream of ending MS is becoming a reality. But there is still so much to do.

That's why I'm walking. I've set an ambitious goal because I know with support from people like you, I will have a great chance at reaching it. The money raised will drive groundbreaking research, provide life-changing programs and guarantee a supportive community for those who need it most. This cause is really important to me, so I hope you will do your part to help end MS forever.

Back