Your favorite type of post-er on HBT:

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is right! A very slow form of bankruptcy...

People that always post the :goat: :pipe:

I'm gonna pretend I didn't just read that.:pipe:

crap. now I goat-a beat someone with someone.

beatdown.jpg

What's with the BIABers? They swoop into every mash discussion and attempt to convert people to the dark side of brewing? I get it, you brew in a big pillowcase. Now leave me alone with my Igloo cooler. I like my Igloo cooler. When I'm camping I can use it to drink slightly off-tasting water.

It's like a cult. :D

In a similar vein, the people who go into a thread started by someone who bottles only, they clearly state they bottle only, but the other person just has to tell them to start kegging.

I am fond of the jokesters who don't add anything particularly useful to any topic but insist on having something to contribute.

Is why I love this forum. You never see those kinds here.

I am sure I have no idea what you are talking about.

*whistles innocently*

In a similar vein, the people who go into a thread started by someone who bottles only, they clearly state they bottle only, but the other person just has to tell them to start kegging.

I'm in that weird position where I only have 2 kegs (saying that makes me sound like someone with 1st world problems), and so I still bottle quite a bit. I just don't understand why people hate bottling so much. I mean when you compare the two, yeah it's more work. But not sooo much more, and I like bottling some from the batches that I keg still, just so I can see how the flavor develops at room temps over the time it takes me to kill the keg.

I'm in that weird position where I only have 2 kegs (saying that makes me sound like someone with 1st world problems), and so I still bottle quite a bit. I just don't understand why people hate bottling so much. I mean when you compare the two, yeah it's more work. But not sooo much more, and I like bottling some from the batches that I keg still, just so I can see how the flavor develops at room temps over the time it takes me to kill the keg.

Room temperature? Room temperature?! OMG! Did I just read that? Everything beer must be kept at 55F. Mash at 55F. Boil at 55F. Gah! Room temperature. You may as well brew in an aluminum pot and use a glass carboy.

What bugs me most is someone who posts lengthy replies and are pretty adamant that their way is CORRECT.

And then back down immediately when confronted with evidence, but still will say "I didn't say EVERY fermentation needs nutrients" or I didn't say EVERY yeast starter needs two vials".

Oh, shaddup already. You don't need four paragraphs to prove you're right. Many others can do it in five words. If you need more than a paragraph to explain something, consider writing an article or stopping right where you are. Otherwise, you look silly.

Oh, shaddup already. You don't need four paragraphs to prove you're right. Many others can do it in five words. If you need more than a paragraph to explain something, consider writing an article or stopping right where you are. Otherwise, you look silly.

What ever happened to Revvy? :p

What bugs me most is someone who posts lengthy replies and are pretty adamant that their way is CORRECT.

And then back down immediately when confronted with evidence, but still will say "I didn't say EVERY fermentation needs nutrients" or I didn't say EVERY yeast starter needs two vials".

picard_clapping.gif

Just remembered what really irritates the crap out of me. The overly loquacious MFers who write like they think they're Lincoln at Gettysburg or something:

Good day, fellow artisinal craft brew enthusiasts!

I have long desired to join the ranks of the noble and venerable zymurgusts when fate and Providence did intervene and I was generously gifted the most practical and joy-inducing of gifts - a Northern Brewer beginner kit! My questions are three:

Guilty.

Just remembered what really irritates the crap out of me. The overly loquacious MFers who write like they think they're Lincoln at Gettysburg or something:

I have long desired to join the ranks of the noble and venerable zymurgusts when fate and Providence did intervene and I was generously gifted the most practical and joy-inducing of gifts - a Northern Brewer beginner kit! My questions are three:

Again, I must admit that I am also guilty of this sin as well my good man. I shall strive to remedy my poor habits now that they have been pointed out by thine grievances forthwith.

But how else will I assert my intellectual superiority over my fellow craft beverage enthusiasts? I am throughly incensed by your suggestion, sir. A pox be upon your forthcoming brew!

I beseech you to eschew further sesquipedalian loquaciousness as heretofore demonstrated.

ETA: there was a thread a while back where someone went on and on and on like that in the first post, then in the very next post a genuine wordsmith shut him down (hilariously) with one sentence.

I beseech you to eschew further sesquipedalian loquaciousness as heretofore demonstrated.

ETA: there was a thread a while back where someone went on and on and on like that in the first post, then in the very next post a genuine wordsmith shut him down (hilariously) with one sentence.

It doesn't exist without a link...

Guilty. I ramble.

I can't help 1) that I am intelligent; 2) my vocabulary is above average; 3) myself.

:D

I can't help 1) that I am intelligent; 2) my vocabulary is above average; 3) myself. :D

Actually--humble-ism is a relative-construct de-pendent on the frame-of-reference of the observer. :p

And I may have read that in a book...Gary Einstein maybe?

People that get all butt hurt cause you did't read that one reply buried somewhere in the 50 pages of a thread.

Let's not forget the "Why is your beer in a dirty glass?" guy.

Somebody posts a picture of a beer that they worked hard to brew and of which they are obviously proud and immediately, rather than compliment the poster on his hard work and good looking beer, some jackhole invariably posts "Your glass has bubbles on the side and it is dirty. What the hell is wrong with you?"

Go away Your Glass is Dirty guy.

Let's not forget the "Why is your beer in a dirty glass?" guy.

Somebody posts a picture of a beer that they worked hard to brew and of which they are obviously proud and immediately, rather than compliment the poster on his hard work and good looking beer, some jackhole invariably posts "Your glass has bubbles on the side and it is dirty. What the hell is wrong with you?"

Go away Your Glass is Dirty guy.

Oh, come one, cut the guy some slack. I'm sure he's got a really ****ty life, and therefore has to point out the dirt in other people's glass to make himself feel better.

Awww. Would you drink out of this glass?

DSC_0989.JPG

Honestly, if it were a good beer. Yep I would

I need to get this glass as my new BMC lager glass though
iced_tea_glass.jpg

I'd rather have that dirty than a glass fresh out of the dishwasher. Nobahdy gon mess wit my head retention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back