Wyeast 1056 rocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheier

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just did a black IPA on Friday that I mashed at about 148F. The OG was 1.066. I did a 2L starter of Wyeast 1056, and over the last few days, the airlock was bubbling like there was no tomorrow. This morning, things settled a bit, so I decided to check the gravity. The gravity had dropped to 1.014 and it is still slowly bubbling.

Not sure if this is typical, but I'm happy that I can probably pull this thing out of fermentation later this week and let it age for a few weeks in a keg. Guess my next brew day came early... :)

Just for a bit of context, most of my fermentations with other yeast have been at least a week, and I'm working with WLP400 that has been almost 2 weeks and still chewing away on sugars (152F mash). This is my first time using 1056 and the near 80% attenuation after 3 days has been a bit of a shocker. :mug:

Latest posts

Back