WTF is this world coming to....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
went on a search for some cheap pineapple juice, saw this thing by the register at a discount supermarket. i assume the idea was soda stream+homebrew= gold mine.

IMG_1907.jpg
IMG_1908.jpg

wow what a steal! lmao. just looked it up. Foxboro Western Brew Concentrate 4-Pack 50ml love the description on this website: "Every Foxboro Spirited Brew is made using our own proprietary authentic brewing process, in order to produce a true concentrated beverage without heat reduction. Foxboro Spirited Brews are ideally suited for use with any home carbonation device. We are sure that you will enjoy Foxboro wherever you are."

I've sat here for a few minutes trying to think of a good reply.. all I came up with is..

oh boy.. marketing major here, curious how many customers re-order these. Judging by the discount sticker, I assume probably little to none. lol. I understand the reason to give it a shot and put it out there, biut I just don't see a sustainable market for it. Maybe a one time purchase christmas gift, but thats about it.

Last edited:
Advert should read: Lazy People! Wanna make your own beer at home but don't have the time? Here's your "instant" solution! Amaze your friends! Confound your enemies! Pull a perfect pint of your own homebrew in just minutes! Please read small print....this is not real homebrew. get a homebrew kit and read read read. then be prepared to sell this monstrosity on craigslist, for the next fool.

Advert should read: Lazy People! Wanna make your own beer at home but don't have the time? Here's your "instant" solution! Amaze your friends! Confound your enemies! Pull a perfect pint of your own homebrew in just minutes! Please read small print....this is not real homebrew. get a homebrew kit and read read read. then be prepared to sell this monstrosity on craigslist, for the next fool.

IDK I love the mr beer fermentors i pick up at thrift stores for a few $$ and people just give me unopened boxes of their large PET bottles which I also use for test batches.

They also give me the cans of LME which I do make and they always come out horrible.
But I'm guessing it's because they have been collecting dust on a shelf somewhere so not exactly fresh.

interesting...so you could brew a 12% beer...and instantly carb it? might be cheaper then getting into kegging, and easier then bottling.....

just playing advocate....

went on a search for some cheap pineapple juice, saw this thing by the register at a discount supermarket. i assume the idea was soda stream+homebrew= gold mine.

View attachment 686420View attachment 686421
I'm not sure if this is the same one I looked at before when trying to find a reasonable light-weight beer option for hike-in camping. Concentrated beer seemed tempting to try, but having to hike in a soda-stream or bottles of seltzer seemed counterproductive as cans are lighter. Finally I conceded that a flask of whiskey was the best option.

I'm not sure if this is the same one I looked at before when trying to find a reasonable light-weight beer option for hike-in camping. Concentrated beer seemed tempting to try, but having to hike in a soda-stream or bottles of seltzer seemed counterproductive as cans are lighter. Finally I conceded that a flask of whiskey was the best option.

whiskey in summer and in the fall I pack in peppermint schnapps and hot chocolate.

Back