Wlp 530

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamsdealer

Reaction score
So I brewed a 1.5 gal stovetop batch of a Belgian PA. Chilled to 65 hit w some oxygen and pitched my yeast.. 4 hours later and activity is building. Good news.. Before I go to bed I stick my carboy in a 67degree area of my house. Problem is it was above my freezing garage and the floor was 55. I woke up in the morning to a beer showing no signs of life and a beer matching my floor temp. I warmed it up to 69 this morning and all I'm getting is a pop every minute or so and a beer w no Krause 12 hours later. I tried rousing the yeast a few times today and just hit it with more oxygen a few mi utes ago in hope of waking up the yeast.

Anyone else have some tricks to get this beer started again of the oxygen doesnt do the trick? Im not overly concerned with how the beer turns out as this is basically a big starter for a dubbel and tripel in the coming months. At the same time I wouldn't like to waste the yeast or have fermenting issues when I brew full batches. 500 has always been a beast for me... this is my first time using 530.

Well, I'd just like to update that a krausen started forming a couple hours after I hit it with oxygen. This evening, it's fermenting away nicely in the upper 60s. I just have to remember to keep my dubbel off the floor!

Glad to hear things are moving along nicely. WLP 530 is one of my favorite Belgian yeasts. I've never had a problem with it under attenuating and the flavors are great! Enjoy your brew.

Thanks... I'm not sure if it would have really started up again without more oxygen. Shaking didnt do much but the pure o2 brought it right back to life.

Latest posts

Back