Why is everyone into only talking about why everyone is into only IPAs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat stats! What's the source?

I get an email blurb from the Brewers Association.org, and I've seen the data on several sites. The main source of market data comes from a company called IRI. They are the ones that tabulate a lot of the market sales information from producers and retailers, calculation of market shares, etc and whatever info they can pull from cash register UPC scanning data.

The top five styles, in order of dollar share, are IPA, seasonal, Pale Ale, variety packs and Amber Ale.

IPAs account for 24% dollar share, and the seasonals are close to 16%.
IPAs grew 49% in dollar sales in 2014.

So for I.P.hAters, be thankful that the IPAs are driving growth in the craft beer industry, and therefore availability of ALL styles. We can all drink to that!

Move along, this subject is dried out.
Somebody post a thread about a fermentation maybe being stuck.

Stop confusing the issue with data...:mug:

Because of hipster scum being too cool for IPA and needing to ***** about how they are too cool for IPA

You must be reading the wrong books. I read more books about how IPAs are the best beer to drink while sitting down to pee with skinny jeans around your ankles and styling your hair into a top knot.

EDIT: :turtle:

Love your avatar. Looks like that turtle is chilling out to pee in that beer.

I hope you don't mind, but I think I borrowed it from you.

On a different note: Is the little guy standing or sitting?:mug:

edit: I just noticed that's his tail, so the little guy is actually drinking the beer...Go :turtle:

:turtle: !!!!!!!!!

You must be reading the wrong books. I read more books about how IPAs are the best beer to drink while sitting down to pee with skinny jeans around your ankles and styling your hair into a top knot.

Does it change anything beerwise if the cat is climbing into your pajamas while they are around your ankles as you sit on the pot?

Cat_InPantsToilet.jpg

A: "When all else fails...ignore reality!"
B: "Without the universe we'd have no sense of proportion."
C: "Obfuscation Through Unintended Agreement."
D: "The only good pun is a bad pun."
E: None of the above.
F: All of the above.

Wouldn't F: All of the above.. include E: None of the above? :confused:

also...
:turtle:

Herding Turtles is a lost art...Kinda like malt forward beers.;)

YardTurtle.JPG

Last edited:
Nah.. that's too simple. It has to be more elaborate. Maybe a camera mounted to the wall using knex, popsicle sticks, and duct tape. Wired to a sensor that would pick up a signal transmitted from the cat's collar. The guy was probably sitting there for 3 days waiting on the cat to finally lay down in his pants, which he had laced with catnip.

Yeah.. that sounds more like it.

Nah.. that's too simple. It has to be more elaborate. Maybe a camera mounted to the wall using knex, popsicle sticks, and duct tape. Wired to a sensor that would pick up a signal transmitted from the cat's collar. The guy was probably sitting there for 3 days waiting on the cat to finally lay down in his pants, which he had laced with catnip.

Yeah.. that sounds more like it.

Nope, just one healthy sized selfie-stick Japan style.

Back