Quantcast

Who's smoking meat this weekend?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Brew_Dude41

Chaos coordinator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good piano man.
Throwing some salmon on once the kids are down for a hot smoke @180.

Then rub Sunday's pork butt with the usual sugar and salt for about 24 hrs before I throw on some commercial seasoning and let it go overnight.

Having the other coaches with their spouses/kids over to celebrate the kindergarten girls soccer season. After hearing cats like we did, we are going to share some beer, some 'q, and see each others faces for the first time. Lol!
Love 2020, been spending 3-4 hours a week with these folks and never saw them w/o a mask.

PianoMan

My Faak it-list is longer then my Bucket list
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good piano man.
Throwing some salmon on once the kids are down for a hot smoke @180.

Then rub Sunday's pork butt with the usual sugar and salt for about 24 hrs before I throw on some commercial seasoning and let it go overnight.

Having the other coaches with their spouses/kids over to celebrate the kindergarten girls soccer season. After hearing cats like we did, we are going to share some beer, some 'q, and see each others faces for the first time. Lol!
Love 2020, been spending 3-4 hours a week with these folks and never saw them w/o a mask.
Did a salmon once with a mango style glaze. Best I've ever had. Perfect with the smoke. Hope it comes out perfect. Enjoy! 🍻

Reaction score
Fixed Korean cut beef ribs this afternoon using this recipe:
About 10-12 minutes per side. First time I ever tried them, quite pleased with results. Used 50/50 Cherry and pecan. Forgot to get after pic☹

5BC89635-967F-4537-A496-D03C1FF52C6D.jpeg

Last edited:

OG-wan Kenobi

Reaction score
I just can’t get enough of spitchcock chicken in the wood grill with “speedy” marinate. I literally have made one a week for about 2 months lol
I hear that man we do half chickens every week in the kamado with 50/50 apple and cherry wood and I do an injection with 50/50 apple juice and ginger ale add a little of my rub to it and use Oakridge BBQ Game Bird and Chicken Rub to finish it off I swear it's impossible not to love it

Knightshade

Which way is up again??
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't done a spatchcock chicken yet, but I've done beer can a couple of times and pretty much feel the same way. Why would I even bother cooking chicken any other way..pointless.

Is anybody smoking whatever they're eating for Thanksgiving?

bwarbiany

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't done a spatchcock chicken yet, but I've done beer can a couple of times and pretty much feel the same way. Why would I even bother cooking chicken any other way..pointless.

Is anybody smoking whatever they're eating for Thanksgiving?
I split custody of my kids with my ex, and my wife and I have set up the tradition that when we don't have them for the actual day of Thanksgiving, we do "Fake Thanksgiving" beforehand and do the traditional menu.

Since we won't have them Thursday, and my wife's dad and stepmom will be coming over, we didn't want to do turkey again.

So yeah, I'm smoking something for Thanksgiving... A 3-4 bone rack of beef short ribs.

Knightshade

Which way is up again??
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hmm..smoked pumpkin pie does sound interesting....might be trying that as well...🧐

I'm going this route w/turkey. Never done, pretty new to smoking in general.

OG-wan Kenobi

Reaction score
I will be doing a smoked/roasted turkey (1 hour of apple wood smoke into the roaster after that), pecan smoked prime rib (prime) and a cherry wood/ apple wood smoked duck a l'orange should be some good eating

SnowDogCider

Reaction score
Thanksgiving will be easy this year. Prepackaged turkey and fixins.
But last weekend I smoked a bacon wrapped meatloaf! Turned out fantastic! Bacon was home cured and smoked too!!!
Every one have a great Thanksgiving!!

Attachments

Dgallo

If you ain’t first, you’re last Ricky Bobby
Reaction score
Just set Traeger to the lowest Super Smoke temp and decided to toss the Brussels sprouts in for an hour or so before I roast them off

jrgtr42

Reaction score
Got a rack of ribs on. sucks smoking in the rin, but I have a pop-up-tent over it to help.
Going to the sister-in-laws. They're doing a "small" turkey, I think, with sides. I've got the ribs, some bread going in the oven in a little while, and some booze.

Dgallo

If you ain’t first, you’re last Ricky Bobby
Reaction score
I’m smoking some pie pumpkins this year to see if smoked pumpkin pie will become a new tradition
So smoked pumpkin pie is awesome. Unfortunately everyone dug in before a picture could be taken but it was a huge hit. First year trying it and used Competition Blend. For Christmas I want to use pecan pellets