who uses a blichmann to deep fry turkeys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im thinking once you use it for that its toast for every making beer in again. Buy a cheaper pot for cooking.

Think he's talking about the burner, not the pot, but regardless, I don't think frying a turkey would hurt a stainless pot.

Or at least I hope not. ;)

Sure that burner kicks out more then enough... you're just putting flame to pan bud :)

The "Blichmann" burner is just a banjo burner in a fancier frame than the Bayou Classic offerings, which are the same burner casting. I've been using them for years to not only brew beer, but do all kinds of cooking. If you want an extra burner you can't go wrong with the KAB6 from Bayou, or the Blichmann.

The good thing is that the banjo style burners have a nice low simmer when needed, and they are quiet.

Maybe its just close to thanks giving but I was thinking oil and a turkey. If did oil and fish one time in a pot and never could really get the smell out.

Nightshade said:
Build a smoker instead, far better results than a fryer and more versatile.

I own a few smokers....catering is my 2nd job. I love a Turkey deep fried tho....usually do a couple of each! Smoked 18 15 lb turkeys on my smoker last year for friends and family

Just my .02 but a green egg is a joke...no cooking surface and overpriced! I own a Southern Pride and a BQ Grill....the first is for quantity....the BQ is for quality! Check them out

bqgrills.com

Back