Who poops at work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I am in IR (Intervential Radiology) I poop on the clock. Otherwise, I have to hold it .... Either way, its not on the lunch clock.

I've heard of those clogging toilets, but outside of putting a crap load of paper in the bowl, how the F does that happen?? Seriously that would have to be one massive crap!

Honestly it was totally that toilet just sucks. It clogged from just my courtesy flush, lol. First toilet I've clogged in maybe 10 years? I dont even own a plunger.

Why is talking in the men's bathroom acceptable behavior? Not only is it echoing and I can't hear what people are saying, but if I'm peeing at the urinal I literally have my penis in hand and talking to a man at the same time is unsettling.

I poop at work all the time. I'm a man now I'm 40 I will poop whenever I damn well please, not a 4 year old asking permission to go drop a deuce in school.

it's not a matter of asking permission, it's a matter of comfort. I'm not comfortable crapping around other people.

I prefer not to poop on the job, but like Billy-Klubb I prefer solitude. I work in a facility where there are a lot of people on day shift (less so on weekends, when all the admin types are off). I'll usually go into the bathroom and if it's unoccupied, I'll drop some ordnance. Most times it's GP bombs, sometimes it's thermobaric.
"It is among the most horrific weapons in any army's collection: the thermobaric bomb, a fearsome explosive that sets fire to the air above its target, then sucks the oxygen out of anyone unfortunate enough to have lived through the initial blast." ~ Noah Shachtman :D

Yes, you can. You did it most of your life. Stop clogging up the whole sewer system with your fancy ass rags.

Don't believe the label 'flushable': disposable wipes clog sewers around the world

Disposable wipes – essentially baby wipes designed for adults – have become the scourge of residential and municipal sewer systems around the world.

Nonwoven cloths have been getting stuck in pipes and sewer machinery, creating massive, expensive clogs in New York, Washington DC, San Francisco, Toronto, Sydney, London and many other places for years, sparking lawsuits from cities and consumers.

The crapper at work is known as my "second office".

Any time someone calls and I'm in the bathroom, it's "oh, he's in his other office, he'll probably be a while, but I'll have him call you back."

I think I might just get a phone and another computer installed in there. I'd be so productive.

I guess this is one of the perks working from home... :D When I travel for work, I try to avoid the airport for most of them are just nasty. Before I leave for the airport I make sure there won't be the need to take a crap while I'm there.

Work on construction sites and see how quickly you'll regulate your system to evacuate in the comfort of your own restroom....

it's not a matter of asking permission, it's a matter of comfort. I'm not comfortable crapping around other people.

Sorry, I didn't intend the second part to be in response to your dislike for pooping in public. It was more meant as a general response to the question of pooping at work or not and the economics of having a lot of employees pooping. (I think not pooping in a public bathroom is a perfectly valid position to have, I could never achieve that, I have an iron culvert for a digestive tract, nothing stops it and when it tells me its time to poop theres nothing to stop it)

Shouldn't that be in the opposite order? :drunk:

In a perfect world, but we all know it's not..

I guess this is one of the perks working from home... :D When I travel for work, I try to avoid the airport for most of them are just nasty. Before I leave for the airport I make sure there won't be the need to take a crap while I'm there.

Agreed, airport bathrooms are the worst. Monday early morning flights, you can smell the poop before you even enter the bathroom.

Agreed, airport bathrooms are the worst. Monday early morning flights, you can smell the poop before you even enter the bathroom.

This is so true! I catch flights that leave as early as 5:30am and there are times the bathrooms look and smell like they were never cleaned from the day before. :mad:

There is something to be said about pooping at work. I have a 15 month old who's has figured out how to open the pantry. Here is what I find after after not going fast enough...

538.jpg

Our work division head is a bit cheap. Won't put an adequately powerful fan in the bathrooms, so tat times hey can stink up the hallway.

But, that bathroom is a single hole, compared to the much nastier bathroom downstairs that has adequate ventilation, which we are encouraged to use for #2.

So, pooping at work seems like a protest to management for not caring for our needs. My little mark on the world.

I knew of someone who wouldn't poop except in his home, problem was he travelled 4-5 days at a time. To say it nicely, he was a rather grumpy person. I think there's a correlation.

Work on construction sites and see how quickly you'll regulate your system to evacuate in the comfort of your own restroom....

Pfffttt... you kids. Back when I worked in construction (80's), a spackle bucket with a plastic garbage bag inside made one fine throne! Just dispose of properly please....:)

I love this thread. This is the conversation I try to have with my wife every day while i'm taking a **** at work, and she doesn't want to hear about it.

+1 vote for sticky!

I drive around for work meeting people at their residence. It would be odd for me to do a number 2 at a complete stranger's home. I have done #1. I usually rely on public bathrooms, preferably Starbucks.

When I was doing concrete work my old foreman had to find a waist high patch of tall grass to do his business. He just squatted down and you could see his chest up. It was in a newer subdivision that had backyards that connected. We all had a pretty good laugh.

I drive around for work meeting people at their residence. It would be odd for me to do a number 2 at a complete stranger's home. I have done #1. I usually rely on public bathrooms, preferably Starbucks.
I was a mover for years and spent all of my work day in someone else's home as well. Golden rule was no #2's in the shipper's house--that was what going out to lunch was for if needed.
We had a guy clog up the plumbing one time and we ended up paying a claim on on getting a plumber out to fix and didn't get a tip.

I used to be a driver for a wine distributor. In the suburbs, Speedway gas stations were always a good bet.. All of them have bathrooms. Downstate, your best bet is Casey's. Now that I'm working in an office, 930am is my special time, every day.

Back