Where can i get this part online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewslikeaking

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get a dohbke ended quick disconnect wire for my system. It broke and i ordered another on off the site where i bought it orginally but it never arrived and the website refused to rectify the situation so i dont wanna buy another one in the same place. I have attached a picture. The sensor wire on the right is a quick disconnect as you can see. This is what the input looks like on my controller and my sensor. Therefore i need a double ended quick disconnect for a RTd pt1000. Where can i find one?

View attachment 1506467515153.jpg

Even the place i orginally ordered from has changed to a 3 pin quick disconnect. I need a double ended 4 pin quick disconnect like the one in this picture or ill have to buy a new controller. Please help.

Is it possible to buy 2 of these products(image above), cut the wires and solder them together to make a double ended female to female quick disconnect???

RTD's only use 3 wires. most likely the 4 pin unit only used 3 pins. If you buy the one from Auber you'll get the QD you need.

If you do, the repair goes like this:
Take apart the old female connector (loosen the restraint on the wire and unscrew the barrel from the connector), unsolder the 4 pin connector and solder in the 3 pin connector.

Or rewire the the new RTD all the way back to the controller.

RTD's only use 3 wires. most likely the 4 pin unit only used 3 pins. If you buy the one from Auber you'll get the QD you need.

Take apart the old female connector (loosen the restraint on the wire and unscrew the barrel from the connector), unsolder the 4 pin connector and solder in the 3 pin connector.

Most RTD's use 3 wires... but there are 2 wire (inaccurate), 3 wire (very accurate), and 4 wire (most accurate) available.

Does anyone know where i can get a dohbke ended quick disconnect wire for my system. It broke and i ordered another on off the site where i bought it orginally but it never arrived and the website refused to rectify the situation so i dont wanna buy another one in the same place. I have attached a picture. The sensor wire on the right is a quick disconnect as you can see. This is what the input looks like on my controller and my sensor. Therefore i need a double ended quick disconnect for a RTd pt1000. Where can i find one?

The idea it you just use a 3 pin connector at the other end since that pt100 only has 3 pins... yes you would have to solder...
If you dont want to solder you can get the whole setup already soldered and ready to go for only about 3 times the total cost..

honestly the 3 pin connectors like these are much easier to line up and plug in at the panel..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M12-12mm-3-...076329&hash=item419b918005:g:TdUAAOSwpDdVLc9k

vs these connectors that come on the auber units..
https://www.ebay.com/p/Panel-Mount-...d=191819896788&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I have a few of these... the other end of the cord has 3 wires with screw terminal connectors attached... they only use the 4 pin connectors so they technically arent selling the exact same product as they make for auber and therefore arent technically undercutting them since these are as little as $8 complete with shipping vs aubers for over $30 without the stainless cable..(+ shipping) I for one think 400 percent markups over the retail price they are sold elsewhere is just too high of a markup but everyone is different.

This is very similar to the slight cosmetic changes in the equipment I just ordered for my 3bbl brewery from the main manufacturer in china vs going thorough the popular distributor here in the states that rebrands them and would have charged me about $3,500 more money for the same thing even after factoring the customs and shipping differences... they likely aren't allowed to advertise or sell the exact same configuration direct per their contract...

The idea it you just use a 3 pin connector at the other end since that pt100 only has 3 pins... yes you would have to solder...
If you dont want to solder you can get the whole setup already soldered and ready to go for only about 3 times the total cost..

honestly the 3 pin connectors like these are much easier to line up and plug in at the panel..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M12-12mm-3-...076329&hash=item419b918005:g:TdUAAOSwpDdVLc9k

https://www.ebay.com/p/Panel-Mount-...d=191819896788&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

This is useful but the idea is to not have to open up my controller and rewire it. My controlled has a 4 prong input. So ideally if i did have to solder something it would be a double ended 4 prong quick disconnect wire that connects the controller to the sensor. If i replace the sensor and wire thats great but it means i need to open up my controller, disconnect the sensor input and replace it with the new one. Way past my ability. Any thoughts?

This is useful but the idea is to not have to open up my controller and rewire it. My controlled has a 4 prong input. So ideally if i did have to solder something it would be a double ended 4 prong quick disconnect wire that connects the controller to the sensor. If i replace the sensor and wire thats great but it means i need to open up my controller, disconnect the sensor input and replace it with the new one. Way past my ability. Any thoughts?

Where did you get the controller that uses a 4 pin output plug and are you sure it only uses 3 of those wires? There are 4 wire rtds too but they arent common in this hobby.

Without knowing exactly how its wired (if you have the original probe you can check pinout at the plug) you will have to pull the panel apart.

ebay has the 4 pin connectors too I just didnt look of link them

if you can solder though its not beyond your ability to replace it as an option. its very easy really.

Back