When can I expect my facial hair to fill in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashton

Reaction score
I've been brewing for a year and a half now and still only get patchy spots of beard-age. How long did it take most of you to earn trademark beer brewer's beards?

:D

I was around 18 when mine filled in, but I'm a manly man. I started rocking a goatee around 14.

Well Ashton I am sure Charlie has no trouble growing a beard, but then again he has Tiger blood

Even though I've had a full beard (well, except for the fancy barbs) for the last 10 years, I notice that it grows in faster if I drink 1.070+ beers...it's a fact, so get started :)

I've had either a full beard or goatee since before I got out of school...not sure what my face looks like anymore.

I've had mine for as long as I can remember, people would whisper "Look at the bearded child, I bet he like beer.".

Clean shaven all my life, until last summer when I was in Sweden and Denmark for six weeks, when I grew a Viking beard. So, I suggest a diet of herring, beets, and rye crisp and you'll soon have manly facial hair.

I'm still waiting to find out. I know for a fact that it is over 32 years for me... I can rock a goatie, but I won't be pulling off the viking beard for at least a few more years.

I've had to shave almost every day for the last 13 years, but there was a certain month about 5 years ago where I didn't have to for nefarious reasons and I had a full-protest beard going within two weeks. About to shave tomorrow for the first time in 4 days (I just got back from vacation), and I'm pretty close 1/4 inch already.

The answer to your question though, of course is genetics.

I'm 31 and i still can't grow a full beard. Been brewing for 3 years and it has came along, but I still look like Joe Dirt if i don't shave.

I've had to shave for as long as I can remember... Think I started when I was 13-14 (can't remember exactly that far back)... I do know that I started growing a beard as soon as I got to college. But since I was in Georgia, and then Florida (when not in college) it wasn't wise to have a full on ZZ Top style beard going. Still, there were plenty of times I let it go longer.

These days if I go more than about 4 days between shaving (I don't like to shave until day 3) it gets long. Chews up blades faster, although the shave feels smoother. Plus, since I'm also shaving my head (not as much hair up there as you might think, maybe) there's more work for the blades.

Must be my Russian and Polish genetics giving me the good beard, but also taking it from up top... Then there's age putting more hair where I DON'T want it...

I've had a full beard on and off since I was maybe 20, started shaving when I was 11. 2 years ago I decided to keep my beard full time and this winter I'm going to let it go. Brewing beer has aided in this decision.

Arrgh! you've had to shave ALMOST every day?

Almost every day as in because of work and having to be clean shaven for both of the jobs I've held since high school. If I wanted to look like an effeminate male model, I'd have to shave twice a day with a straight razor both times. Not happening!

I've had stickler bosses over the years who have tried to get me to shave after 4 hours who don't believe I shaved when I came in that day.

Hang Glider said:
Arrgh! you've had to shave ALMOST every day?

I can easily shave twice a day (but screw it, unless I'm going out).
for the last 34 years or so...

I'm sure he is referring to his military affiliation! I had to do it from 99 to 05 and now I shave once every 2 weeks. Or until I decide to throw on the handlebars to piss the old lady off!

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

image-2172848991.jpg

I've had a beard since I was 19. I've only shaved it off a couple of times. Never let it get to scraggly though. I work in food service at night. It's a little frowned on.

Do they make you wear the beard protectors? I was thinking those things can be nice if you are around a pit smoker and you are full on woolly. My beard will smell like rich smoke till I wash it, I would like to find some way to lock that in.

as a light-haired guy of swedish ancestry, it takes me a good week.

i had a greek roommate in college who would have a full beard in two days.

of course i never go without a full beard except when the occasional halloween costume requires it.

Do they make you wear the beard protectors? I was thinking those things can be nice if you are around a pit smoker and you are full on woolly. My beard will smell like rich smoke till I wash it, I would like to find some way to lock that in.

No, I'm a server/bartender. When I cooked, my beard would always smell like the grill at the end of the day. Same when I smoke a cigar.

No, I'm a server/bartender. When I cooked, my beard would always smell like the grill at the end of the day. Same when I smoke a cigar.

Yup, I have to wash my face if I've been smoking before I can kiss the wife.

I had a buddy in college who could shave at 4:30 am and have a 5 o'clock shadow a whole 12 hours early. The man was unbelievable.

24 years old here and still cannot grow a beard. Sure, the number of hairs is increasing, but i'm starting to think that i'll never be able to grow a beard : /

Hense the reason i ALWAYS get proofed when buying alcohol. Hmm good thing i'm homebrewing now...

I've rocked a goatee for around 20 years now off and on... mostly on. I found I needed something to save cotton candy, curry and milk in for later.

Some guys have hairy backs, just glad im not a chosen sasquatch.Feel blessed o.p. and have a good night,brother. Your friend, Hulk Hogan. What? I mean Burt Reanolds. huh?

Latest posts

Back