What should I brew next on my 34/70 cakes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzybee

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have two fermentations going on right now - a Festbier and a Marzen - both on 34/70. I figured in a couple of weeks I'd transfer these to kegs for lagering and brew again. Would would be good to put on these? I thought maybe a Bock on the Marzen, but what suggestions do y'all have? Would it be good to do a clean Pilsner next?

A really nice APL would be a good addition to your noble hop driven styles. Basically an apa with a lager yeast. I'd keep it in the 5% abv range with about 30 ibus and appropriate late and dry hop additions.

Last edited:
What ABV brews were done on those cakes? If in a reasonable range, most any of those lagers would be fine.

If the ABV was high, yeast could be tired or mutated, and you might benefit from changing it out.

Back to this - it looks like I'm going to do a Bo Pils and a Doppelbock. I shouldn't have any problems if I rack off the beers Friday night and put the new wort on Saturday, right? I'll leave the fermentation vessels in the chambers at 45F - my pitching temp for the new beers. I can transfer off under pressure, but I do need to open them up to get my iSpindels out to charge overnight.

Back