What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1D5A654A-AD1F-41A1-B161-4FBED9EE18EF.jpeg

Chicken tikka

Travis those look like excellent Porterhouses to me - T-bones don't usually have a filet that huge! :)

Makes my mouth water no matter WHAT you call them.

Yep, but they were in with the T-Bones and marked as such on sale for cheap! I bought 6 of them and vac packed 4 and froze them :)

Well, all t-bones are porterhouses, but not all porterhouses are t-bones.... ;)

I just picked up 4 real nice bone New York strips leftover from the holiday for a little over 13 dollars I’m grilling tonight.

Well, all t-bones are porterhouses, but not all porterhouses are t-bones.... ;)

Yes, that is definitely true - I just like calling things what they are. Which brings me to a favorite rant - back when I was an apprentice butcher (about a hunnerd years ago!) a rib steak was one with a bone in it - a ribeye steak was a steak without the bone. Now they've changed it so that ALL rib steaks are called ribeye, bone or no. Irks me. Life's major annoyances, LOL!!

Feijoada with smoked sausage and some hot smoked riblets. Fairly close to authentic but i like mine with a little habanero kick to it....Not much, mostly just for the flavor. Also used Trinidad Perfume seasoning peppers and a tiny bit of aji panca powder.

Sorry for the poor pics. I didnt get finished while the sun was still up.
3dTacdq.jpg

I ran out of dried beans and the flash washes out the color pretty bad. When made with dried beans the color is more black. I picked up more dried beans, spicy smoked sausage and some sliced hocks for the next batch.

In a classic presentation the meat would be removed from the pot of beans. That way people can each choose what cuts they want. You would have beans, meat, greens and rice each with its own spot on the plate. Plus farofa for a topping. Its a cassava meal/flour browned in some fat or oil.

I hot smoked my riblets first. A grill works fine. Im not a huge fan of just boiled meat. Lots of leftover meats from a BBQ would be great in a black bean stew. Dried beef and Spanish chorizo are common additions. Its not the same as Mexican chorizo.

That looks soo good. How do you like the parchment pouch. Any tips. Dont eat enough quinoa, I love it.

I gas grilled some hamburgers with mesquite. Thick slab of mozzarella all we have and toasted buttered bun. From there made corn and French fry, fry, in air fryer. Kale salad bag. It was a nice lunch.

Dinner was nice, boxed pasta, meh, but red sauce with spicey chicken sausage from Sam's. It was a nice spicey little sauce
Made some hb breadsticks real quick.

Oh and chocolate, of course. Get me the heck away from the chocolate!
20190602_134710.jpeg
20190601_213132.jpeg

That looks soo good. How do you like the parchment pouch. Any tips. Dont eat enough quinoa, I love it.

I think this was the first time I've cooked this way...

It turned out so wonderful.

A little salt/pepper/chile flake, a drizzle of olive oil and wine, and some dill and parsley.

Crimp up the parchment (roll the edges over a few times to make a good seal) and bake it at 450* for 7 minutes.

Was tastier than poaching and baking for sure, just as easy, and a bit quicker.

I'll definitely do this again.

It was basically this recipe, slightly modified: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...herbed-couscous-and-sour-orange-sauce-3908788

That martini relish is SO good. I need to make that again just as a dip for crackers or other charcuterie type dishes.

Marinated sirloin and chicken breast kabobs. Very tasty.View attachment 629624
I like that your meat and veggies are on separate skewers. Wife gives me crap every time I do this, but meat, meat amd veggies need different cook times. I appreciate the presentation of a mixed kabob, but detest suboptimal cooked food.

What are you guys, gals using to post pics? PhotoBucket just told me that I am over capacity and to pay up. Haha!

You know, you can just paste a picture right into the post. Literally, just copy and paste. I don't think I've tried that from the phone. Probably won't work in the branded app, but if you use HBT on a mobile web browser it probably would.

I use Smugmug for hosting family pics and stuff. It links directly with Adobe Lightroom, so I can create galleries and upload to smugmug with a few clicks. It's not free (at least, I don't think there's a free version). Unlimited space.

I uploaded that pic through the Add Media option. I’m not sure if that’s what I wanted to do? What am I missing?

Yea, don't do that. Just copy/paste, it's the easiest way if you only expect to post the picture one time here on HBT.

You can create and host pictures right here on this forum, and that's useful if you want to maintain a repository for use later. To get started with that, click the media link at the top of your browser page.

Back