What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to make this tonight. Had to sub a couple of ingredients but should be great!

Not bad really. Lots of bulgogi has no gochugaru in it. I would add some fresh cracked black pepper and a tbs or two of sweet rice wine. Preferably mirin if you can get it. A bosc pear works just fine too.

Last edited:
All cooked down and ready.
DAUeIJk.jpg

Bro went with just meat and cheese.
RANVMTe.jpg

I went with Spanish rice, meat and some chipotle sour cream ranch. :p
Hwp4MnS.jpg

qu98I5I.jpg

Last edited:
Camarones en chipotle con crema. With cilantro/honey/lime corn.

View attachment 635037
View attachment 635039

Here’s mine, not near as pretty as yours. It reminds me of sauce shrimp piquant. It takes all day to cook. I love this recipe, it’s fast and easy. I’ve made it a couple of times, I served this one over brown basmati rice. Thanks!
IMG_1067.JPG

Is that a Fathead dough recipe? That looks awesome!
This was the recipe I used
https://sugarfreelondoner.com/keto-taco-shells/

They were really good. My version didn't come out quite like the pictures. I didn't use a food processor, just shredded the mozz and mixed with coconut flour and psylisium by hand. Still really tasty and crispy version of a "taco shell"

Looks like chicken stock? Did you use whole or bone-in cuts?
Instapot does amazing things for stock. Small batch phõ from bone in hours instead of a giant batch in a day.

We used bone-in, skin-on cuts which was fine but the chicken flavor was a little thin. I think they called for too much water in the recipe we found online. Still very good...just had to boil down the liquid a bit which helped, marginally.

Oh of course. Lupo's from Endicott. We have a few bottles shipped to us a few times a year. They make a good southwest marinade as well.

I usually get "NY State Fair" bottles from my Dad when I'm running short and want to talk to him...I've been out for a while, lol.

Cuke and onions de dulce :D

6 small slicing cukes from the farmers market. Weep in 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp sugar for 30min or until they bend in half
W2XuMm0.jpg

Slice up around a cup of red onion very thin. 4 Bolsa de Dulce sliced thin and seeded. 1 tsp fresh baby dill
y5bxNMt.jpg

Discard liquid from the cukes and squeeze them out 1 handful at a time.
Add the onions, peppers and dill....B Starfish are also killer for this....Any sweet low heat works great
1/8 cup cider vinegar
1/8 cup brown rice vinegar
1 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
2-3 tsp sugar
Additional salt is totally optional. Its also good no salt at all and very sweet or very sweet with habs/bonnets.
3jwHfCh.jpg

Toss them suckers in the fridge for a few hours then enjoy.
dPaF4ox.jpg

Last edited:
Hybrid sweet heat pepper. Pretty low heat. Brazilian Starfish work just as well and its much easier to get seeds.

From the garden, threw a diced eggplant, some cherry tomatoes (red, yellow, krim), garden salsa hot peppers, and green bell pepper in the air fryer. Squirted with a little oil and seasoned. Also some m and m cookies.
20190804_113421.jpeg
20190804_171648.jpeg

Marinaded some thinly sliced ribeye steaks in pre mixed Margarita after seasoning with Chef Merito’s. Seared them in cast iron with ~ 1 TBS of bacon grease. Boiled a half cup of water and threw in half a cup of Minute Rice and half a cup of Chunky Salsa. Served with hot flour tortillas, guacamole, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and the Minute Rice. Man, those steak tacos were awesome!

Last edited:
Looks awesome. I smoked some wings last weekend: got some good color and hickory flavor on them, then put them in the air fryer to crisp them up.

Black Garlic isn't really fermented garlic. The process involves a slow sugar break down over time. Black garlic is heavily caramelized garlic.

I wash and sterilize the container of my rice cooker, then put heads of garlic upright in the bottom, spray the garlic heads lightly with water, close the lid and turn the cooker to the “warm” setting and let the garlic process for at least 14 days. After 7 days, spray lightly again with water, close the lid and keep the rice cooker running at “warm”. The generally accepted processing time is 40 days, but I usually pull my black garlic after 14+ days, but not 40 days. I also leave the rice cooker in the garage, as the smell can be pretty strong.

My garlic dried out on day 6 and the humidity dropped. I started adding an oz of water about every other day but I think it would have been better to soak the garlic to re-wet it. Also, my crock pot temp stayed around 170F which I think might be a little on the high side. After checking the rest of the heads about half of them did not have the burnt flavor so I will have some to grind up and at least have some for seasoning.

I've always wanted to try making that.

I was in the same boat, and it is surprisingly easy. You'll go through a box of kosher salt though.

3lbs kosher, rosemary, thyme, Bay leaves and a half cup water. Bed of salt on the bottom, put down fish, lightly pack fish with remaining salt. Bake that for 35min at 400° and give it 5min rest before breaking and removing salt. That's all...get all the kosher off the fish...it's super tender (fish spatula helps get fish out). In the process we removed the skin which was fine because it wasn't crispy or anything.

Hong Shao Rou aka red cooked pork belly.....More or less Sichuan style..just a little spicy.
8AvnBZq.jpg

Rice with furikake seasoning, cukes and onions on the side. Need the sour to help cut the fatty of the pork belly. Served up in a Mao sized bowl of course.
t0kDVN0.jpg

AAutXI5.jpg

Back