What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mustard is homemade, courtesy of @imasickboy. It is paste-y which is perfect for a rub.
IMG_20190712_165102.jpg
IMG_20190712_174314.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1108.jpg
Recent smoker/roaster oven activity - beautiful 4-bone plate of beef short ribs, meatiest I've ever seen (cut into individual ribs after smoking) and the flat of a whole brisket I bought. The point is cut into strips, fat cut and bagged separately, and frozen for the next homeground beef grinding. We do half brisket/half chuck or top round.

No "money shot" on the brisket, too hungry to stop and take pictures once I got it sliced up!

Just returned from the Bahamas. Our group included a deep Cajun couple and the guy cooks! Next to the last night we sourced red fish, Grouper, lobster, and conch and he made a Courtbouillon. OMG it was awesome! May be the first koobeeahwn with conch but it was amazing. Pretty much like my gumbo recipe. I have to explore making this fish stew!!

Grilled marinated chicken. Came out so good. Made the marinade in mortar by starting with lime zest and garlic. Mashed them, then added homemade jalapeno hot sauce and mashed. Then evoo, lime juice, splash of soy, salt, and sugar. Mashed it up and put on chicken breasts that were cut in half by me. So good. That marinade holds up well and flavors the chicken incredibly. Also made some chocolate. Smoked with tray of mesquite on gas grill.
20190717_191510.jpeg
20190717_180258.jpeg
20190717_180212.jpeg

Staying in this time share I forgot the skillet! Doh, so I made one giant pancake so I wouldn't have to stand over the stove to long. It was so good. I am not a huge pancake fan but these were pretty good. Krusteaz add water mix.

Made some tacos with the lime marinade grilled chicken from the other day. Also made another mortar chicken marinade, no pics. This marinade was a garden salsa hot pepper (not that hot) mashed with garlic. Lemon juice, evoo, salt, soy sauce, sesame stir fry sauce, sugar, and onions. Kind of sweet, salty, tangy, teriyaki marinade.
Screenshot_20190722-224406_Gallery.jpeg

Staying in this time share I forgot the skillet! Doh, so I made one giant pancake so I wouldn't have to stand over the stove to long. It was so good. I am not a huge pancake fan but these were pretty good. Krusteaz add water mix.
View attachment 636845

When you don’t have the ingredients for pancakes from scratch, that is one of the better tasting add water mixes.

Made what I'm calling "Dientes del Tiburon" in the Farberware air fryer/toaster oven last night!! That translates to "teeth of the shark" - nice freshly-roasted Hatch chiles from the Farmer's Market, which I skinned, deseeded, leaving them whole otherwise, then stuffed with a mixture of our smoked pulled pork and Trader Joe's 3 cheese blend; then I dipped them in beaten egg, then dredged in my favorite breading of half pork rinds, crushed in the food processor, and half Parm cheese, and then added about 3 tablespoons of almond flour. Put on the rack, sprayed with olive oil spray, and on the Air Fryer setting at 400* for 20 minutes. They were soo good! KOTC loved them. He said "these look like big shark's teeth!" so there ya are.

IMG_1121.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg

Made what I'm calling "Dientes del Tiburon" in the Farberware air fryer/toaster oven last night!! That translates to "teeth of the shark" - nice freshly-roasted Hatch chiles from the Farmer's Market, which I skinned, deseeded, leaving them whole otherwise, then stuffed with a mixture of our smoked pulled pork and Trader Joe's 3 cheese blend; then I dipped them in beaten egg, then dredged in my favorite breading of half pork rinds, crushed in the food processor, and half Parm cheese, and then added about 3 tablespoons of almond flour. Put on the rack, sprayed with olive oil spray, and on the Air Fryer setting at 400* for 20 minutes. They were soo good! KOTC loved them. He said "these look like big shark's teeth!" so there ya are.

View attachment 636867 View attachment 636868

Yummy!!

Latest posts

Back