What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lights out after this one...
1000005409.jpg

Getting ready for the bbq. Taster of the Rye Barley Wine. The Brett adds some really nice complexity and sourness to the BW.

2nd pic is the DIPA Brewday From Hell. Everything that could go wrong, did. Stuck mash, leaky chiller, clogged filters, hot wort into fermenter, dead yeast, the list goes on. Yet, it is nicely bitter and citrusy. Looks like swamp water, but tastes amazing.
8F221D5D-8037-496D-B9D6-6AE94397C22C.jpeg
73A1DC61-76C5-4477-86DF-0ECD4981744B.jpeg

Well, after two drives across the country, my hairdresser's car was badly in need of some attention. Stripped, clayed, paint corrected, compounded, two passes of polish, and a quick and dirty coat of wax this morning. That was enough for one day, I'll strip it again next weekend, seal it, then double wax it.

I deserve some beers.

Latest batch of Panther Piss, kegged late last week. Still showing some haze.
IMG_4188.jpeg

The Helles that I actually like because I made it too hoppy. Really impressed with the Heidelberg malt. It's good stuff and I'm toying with the idea of buying a sack.
IMG_4189.jpeg

And that contemporary blonde ale that I made. I should use Sorachi Ace more frequently...but it scares me.
IMG_4190.jpeg

My shiny hairdresser's car. It's not slow, it's a momentum car, okay?!
IMG_4180.jpeg

Month 4 of the Beermeister32 reduction program (46 lbs to date) brings us Guinness Non-Alcoholic Draught beer.

The funny thing about drinking Guinness in the first place is the comments you get from non-beer drinkers – Wow, that Stout must be a heavy beer, how can you drink it? We all know that it is actually a medium alcohol beer, nothing heavy at all – very drinkable – and so is this Non-Alcoholic version. Hey, it’s dark and light – REALLY light!!!

Delicious and roasty, old Arthur Guinness got around taxes by using roasted Barley instead of roasted Barley malt. How much taxes for no alcohol? My kinda guy!

The current presentation has the foaming pill inside the can to give an approximation of Nitrogen/CO2 gas on tap. It really works well, providing an interesting moving pattern in the glass similar to an old school beer pump engine, and a rich and fine head of foam which lasts and lasts – all the way to the bottom of the glass!

The only – and I mean ONLY area needing improvement is the carbonation levels. I know that a lot of these ales are served on tap with very low Nitrogen/CO2 levels, but I have to say, after drinking 4 of these, the foaming pill or whatever, something is causing these cans to produce beer that is nearly flat.

A great “diet” ale to enjoy! Cheers!

IMG_7637.jpeg

Month 4 of the Beermeister32 reduction program (46 lbs to date) brings us Guinness Non-Alcoholic Draught beer.

The funny thing about drinking Guinness in the first place is the comments you get from non-beer drinkers – Wow, that Stout must be a heavy beer, how can you drink it? We all know that it is actually a medium alcohol beer, nothing heavy at all – very drinkable – and so is this Non-Alcoholic version. Hey, it’s dark and light – REALLY light!!!

Delicious and roasty, old Arthur Guinness got around taxes by using roasted Barley instead of roasted Barley malt. How much taxes for no alcohol? My kinda guy!

The current presentation has the foaming pill inside the can to give an approximation of Nitrogen/CO2 gas on tap. It really works well, providing an interesting moving pattern in the glass similar to an old school beer pump engine, and a rich and fine head of foam which lasts and lasts – all the way to the bottom of the glass!

The only – and I mean ONLY area needing improvement is the carbonation levels. I know that a lot of these ales are served on tap with very low Nitrogen/CO2 levels, but I have to say, after drinking 4 of these, the foaming pill or whatever, something is causing these cans to produce beer that is nearly flat.

A great “diet” ale to enjoy! Cheers!

View attachment 849450
I remember about twenty years ago, when the first low carb beers started coming out, Consumer Reports ran an article on low carb beers and to my surprise and delight, they actually included Guinness pub draft nitro cans. It placed highly in their test. They only knocked it for being slightly higher in carbs than the specially made, enzyme treated, low carb products.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Another glass of Panther Piss. About four-five pours over the last few days seems to have blown all the rubbish out of the Flotit 2.0 filter and it's pouring a little clearer. That's an annoying characteristic of the Flotit when you use a pressure transfer.

I said nice things about Bestmaltz' Heidelberg malt earlier and contemplated buying a sack. It'll have to go into the bin currently occupied by the Riverbend Chesapeake Pils that made this beer. It's also a really, really good malt—and quite a bit cheaper! Maybe I need to buy a new Vittles Vault?

IMG_4192.jpeg

Back