What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man thank you temptd2. Because of the weed thing home prices jumped in Denver so we refied and did a little remodeling. Brought snackmaster to work as promised yesterday. And was making Panini's on ciabatta roll for lunch. And egg sandwiches for breakfast in my office. Used it this morning to make four eggs (i have 2) poked one so you can see how while it Cooks. You decide on the doneness level.

View attachment 1471723569807.jpg

View attachment 1471723588289.jpg

View attachment 1471723608675.jpg

Oh no, you're not late - thank you for the recipe, and please post all the pictures you want! I can use all the help I can get right now. Although what I made turned out fine, I'd like to try some different stuff with it.

Also - this one has been "abused" at some point and maybe exposed to moisture (we live where it's often foggy a good deal of the summer) and the spaghetti rollers have rust in them, as well as rust in the holes where the crank fits. Those aren't so bad, but man I'd love to get the rust out of the roller itself? I ran a "donor" piece of pasta through all the rollers to clear them of anything that was left in the cutters from the former owners, but how 'bout dat rust? Anybody got a good solution or is it doomed?
The only issue I can see with @Homercidal 's suggestion is you're not supposed soak the rollers, I might suggest getting some fine steel wool , add some vegetable oil and run it though multiple times.

The only issue I can see with @Homercidal 's suggestion is you're not supposed soak the rollers, I might suggest getting some fine steel wool , add some vegetable oil and run it though multiple times.

^^ exactly, my directions said don't ever ever ever get it wet even with a damp rag!

Yeah, I had read NEVER, no not EVER, get them wet - ANY part of the machine. I suspect the previous owner may have gotten them wet, OR I can blame it on our coastal humidity. In any event, I kind of like the idea of the fine steel wool and some melted coconut oil - that might do the job.

^^ooh what are you up to, im excited to see. So pasta, here ya go. Rolled multiple times through level 0-6 with very quick speed. You can see as it gets thinner. Most directions call for cutting dough in 4ths or 5ths. As you can see i am working half the recipe at a time. No point in standing there forever I still go through each level 2 to 3 times. I use arm to pivot. Then i cut it to length with sheers.

Pasta is so much fun!! Looks great!

Had to stop my project for a bit because I have a humming bird in my shop that does not seem to be able to figure out how to get out! So I have the lights off on the lights outside on, trying to lure him out.

In the mean time I peeled a bunch of tiny shrimp then sautéed them in olive oil flavored with roasted garlic. I'm making shrimp fritters to go with the habanero mango pineapple hot sauce a made a few nights ago. Why shrimp? Cause I can't get conch here unless I order 5 lbs for about $100!! Lol
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471745885.394434.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471745901.080129.jpg

One would think that putting 40 or so magnets in a slot in a piece of wood would be easy. You would be wrong. With about 35 in place I made the mistake of lifting up one end off the cast iron saw table. All 35 leaped up, flipped till they were happy, then left the grove and stuck to the table!! Lol. Finally got them in and I don't dare move the thing till I get them glued in place some how!!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471752554.631020.jpg

Yeah, when it gets this far it's pretty obvious it's a magnetic knife bar, but I can get over how hard it is to work with magnets that strong! Just getting them apart wore out my hands and fingers! Just two of them stuck together is over 20 lbs of force!

The fritters turned out awesome, despite not having conch and having to use shrimp.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471756103.204076.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471756118.239067.jpg
And the Caribbean Pineapple Mango Habanero hot sauce I made from the garden chiles was great with them!!

Yeah, when it gets this far it's pretty obvious it's a magnetic knife bar, but I can get over how hard it is to work with magnets that strong! Just getting them apart wore out my hands and fingers! Just two of them stuck together is over 20 lbs of force!

The fritters turned out awesome, despite not having conch and having to use shrimp.
View attachment 367103
View attachment 367104
And the Caribbean Pineapple Mango Habanero hot sauce I made from the garden chiles was great with them!!

Want!

When you have 50 of them stuck together they are hysterical! They seek things out to stick to! What do you use them for at work?

We use them for drives on spinmotors and chucks........we keep about a 1/4" gap between the mag drives and spin at around 2400 rpm. It is part of a lens coating operation.

Well I haven't been home long enough. To cook something note worthy for a while, but today I cooked up some rootbeer braised short ribs on the grill.

image.jpg

Okay, tasted it again. It needs nothing. What an awesome, albeit complicated sauce! I'm going to fish the ribs and sausage out, then start phase II! Lol

Decided against cooking in the pot. Got further into the recipe and I only need part of the amazing sauce. And amazing sauce it is indeed!

Regardless, a cup of sauce in the bottom of the dish, 3 cups a the sauce mixed in with a pound of cooked rigatoni, a cup or two of parmagiano, whole milk ricotta, some just awesome aged provolone, etc. And fresh mozzarella all over the top. Now baking.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1471828953.874944.jpg

Back