What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pork chops browned & simmered in mushroom soup, layered with onions & sliced mushrooms. Southern style mustard greens on the side.

Looks like another Spatchcocked Chicken, brined and smoked this weekend. Also the family has voted a grilled pizza again, so we need to get some ingredients decided on that.

Maybe I'll stop at home at lunch and mix up the dough for later.

Chopped up a 5 lb pork shoulder last night to make a big batch of Bockwurst sausages tonight. Ill post pics once complete!

Gotta gather the ingredients to make our first batch of sausage, now that we have minimal equipment to do so. Hungarian maybe, with a 50/50 mix of hot Hungarian paprika & smoked paprika?

Gotta gather the ingredients to make our first batch of sausage, now that we have minimal equipment to do so. Hungarian maybe, with a 50/50 mix of hot Hungarian paprika & smoked paprika?

Italian is a good first sausage I think.

I have a hungarian sausage shop (literally) near me. They make the best sausage - they sell it at the street festivals. I've tried to make my own and not as good.

The best sausage I make is smoked andouille. It's just killer.

Made mashed potatoes last night and had leftovers...so, today: Gnocchi! Sauced with a homemade pesto cream sauce, Grana Padano cheese, and toasted pine nuts.

IMG_20160715_121038462.jpg

IMG_20160715_200031181.jpg

Polanski's meat market makes some darn good Hungarian pork or beef sausage. Other styles too. Still reading that book on sausage making that was suggested. Wanna make a 5lb batch to start with. Even thought about chicken & bacon?...

Good luck with the sausage! Do you have a stuffer? I usually make a 10 lb batch of Keilbasy every year. Half smoke and half fresh. I also make chorizo loose a couple times a year. Good for tacos and burgers and with eggs. Fun to make snack sticks, Kabanosy, summer sausage, and the list goes on. Some decent recipes on let's make sausage.com.

Yes, we got the stuffer tubes & the optional grinder for the pro 600 Kitchenaid I bought SWMBO as an early anniversary present. she loves it & is interested in making sausage with me. And her being French & Hungarian pointed me to making their style of sausage. Going to check out that web site! :mug:
* Hm...it says the domain is for sale?

Turkey burgers and baked beans and something else. Hell, I can't remember. It was one of those just sit down and eat it without thinking meals.

Oh, yes. Cucumbers.

And a light lager with a hint of Root Beer because I keep forgetting to change the serving line. Never try to re-use a root beer line for anything else, no matter how much you clean it!

Go t the first two tomatoes out of my garden today...haven't eaten them yet. Made a couple jars of pickled okra and one jar of pickled green beans over the weekend. Cooked some of the gnocchi and tossed with a pesto cream sauce (basil and garlic from the garden) and garnished with some toasted pine nuts...I was very happy,

IMG_20160715_200031181.jpg

Back