What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I got delivered all my grain, hops and yeast for the next two batches. First up is an American Amber that I have been eyeing to make. Next month I am going with Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale that I am making for the 4th of July party that I was invited to. Everyone around here loves an easy drinking and flavorful but not too strong beer in the hot sun. That one does the trick and just about every palate likes that beer.

John

What didn't drop in my mail again today......a Rapt Pill, ordered on April 10th, Tracking says it was delivered on May 9th. :mad: I've read online that it's not uncommon for AliExpress to show packages delivered a few days before they actually are, so I'm still holding out hope.
Finally arrived...one week after the order showed it was delivered. Another funny thing is even though it was shipped from China the mailing return address was Coppell, Texas. (I have no idea what sorcery was involved).

IMG-1669.jpg

FLavacol, butter flavored coconut oil, and butter flavored topping. My first venture into popcorn so im stoked. Nothing and i mean nothing goes better with beer than popcorn.
I got all of that, plus a Whirley Pop. Nothing that I've tried makes better popcorn.

The same company that makes the Flavacol makes a pretty decent caramel flavoring too. Get that and some mushroom popcorn.

Last edited:
A reminder that I needed to clean and rebuild my kegs. Well... really it was a timeshare invitation, but the steak in the picture kinda looked an infected beer (not exactly a good thing), and it hit me it had been a little too long since I'd cleaned my kegs.

Not really. It just has a unique flavor that not only I, but many people, prefer in their beers. It's what was in the first Founder's Breakfast Stout clone recipe I did, and I thought it was really good.

Some tommy faucet maris, r.barley, choc malt,

Just as a general comment, if you buy European malts and to a lesser extent hops, then it's a good idea to lay in some generous stocks in the next couple of months, as the price rises down the line are going to be huge - like 50+%, I've seen commercial brewers complaining that it's like them paying retail prices!

Makes sense as grain prices are up a lot but malt also uses a lot of energy in roasting/drying, and gas prices on the Continent in particular have gone crazy due to recent events.

It's almost the end of May and my replacement hop rhizomes finally arrived. They are to replace dead rhizomes received last year. Since then I have moved into my forever home that happened to have two 20 feet tall poles positioned about 10 feet apart. So I'm gonna plant 3 of the four between the poles to establish a small hop garden at home. One of the Cascades will be planted in my established garden on the family farm to replace one that just didn't make it last season.
20220525_194110.jpg

Woo Hoo

A fermentation crock for pickles and living foods.

Also, One of the rhizomes I just bought this year already died. I was told I have moles or gophers or something, though all of my other hops from other sellers are doing fine, as rodent activity is nil. Apparently I won’t be getting a replacement, but then, I also won’t be a repeat customer for anything else they sell either.

Oh well.

Also, One of the rhizomes I just bought this year already died. I was told I have moles or gophers or something, though all of my other hops from other sellers are doing fine, as rodent activity is nil. Apparently I won’t be getting a replacement, but then, I also won’t be a repeat customer for anything else they sell either.

Oh well.
Where did you purchase the rhizomes through? I bought a few from AIH back in February that finally arrived and were planted about 10 days ago. Still waiting for something to pop through.

Oh well.
I am also curious as to who gave you the poor customer service if you care to share.

Got my pressure-fermenting lid setup from Morebeer. They no longer sell the Fermentasaurus kit so all parts had to be purchased separately, but got the bulkheads installed in the lid and the first tests completed. Tomorrow morning will use it for the first time to pressure-transfer my Pale to the keg, can't wait to not have to force the tubing into the spigot, just draw clear beer from the top via the floating dip tube thingie. And had a giggle; took me all of 10 minutes of staring at it before I figured out how to attach the filter thing to the bobber. 20220603_213835[1].jpg20220603_213852[1].jpg

I wanna intentionally brew a terrible beer to try and get the lowest possible score and mess with the judges 🤪🤣
I’ve sat with judges, tasting terrible beer, and I doubt that the entrants were aiming for terrible, but I hear you. I actually entered a beer that I knew was strange and wouldn’t do well to a particular contest. Although, they did express all the flaws and that it wasn’t likable I was given some credit and encouragement to continue being “creative”. Now I don‘t waste my money like that, fortunately my HBC members give honest feedback so I can put entries that stand a chance. It still depends on the flight etc.

Back