What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The family grew by one this weekend. Still waiting for the chiller to show up but I'm excited to do full 10 gallon batches in one vessel with one yeast pitch now.

PXL_20220414_171537257.jpg

PXL_20220414_174636054.jpg

An extra-big thumbs up for this. Cribbage is the single best two-player card game. I don't get to play it nearly enough.

hey now although i agree, sorta. it's actually a board game that uses cards instead of dice to move pieces! :mug:

and i got 1lb of glucoamylase yesterday....

A small shipment from MW came to my doorstep. Some Pilsner and wheat malt, some flaked corn and rice for an upcoming adjunct-laden blonde ale, Notty and K-97 yeast, and a few other items.

Also got an Amazon order today. Some 18650 batteries to have as extras for flashlights, and some ingredients for bread-making.

Today I got a new tri clover removeable electric ripple element for my boil kettle. The last one I had for many years started to get some charring on one of the prongs. This same prong also started to char the receptacle on the cord. I also got a new cord (with plug ends) today and I got new plug ends to fix the cord I have. So now I will have a new one and a spare just in case.

Note: The plug that I was using over many years was now not sealing all the way tightly on the element prongs and there was a gap, even though this is a locking plug, it got loose and made a gap/space over time after being connected and disconnected. The gap (loose connection) caused the plug and prongs to heat up thus causing the charring. So just a reminder out there to check all those connections, especially on the boil kettle if you brew with electricity.

John

Had Bobby build a secondary regulator set and some more EVA draft line to change some things around in my keezer.
I just cobbled together a triple from a dual and single secondary regulators. Nice to see that you've received all 30 psi gauges as I have two 60's and one 100 which are harder to dial in.

I also see he very thoughtfully added the cupped washer for the shutoff valve flare fitting. They are a real PITA to fetch out of the bottom of a keezer so if you hadn't considered it, and it looks like you are going with ptc fittings, you may want to put the flare to ptc fitting on before mounting the regulators.

New 14g HLT from morebeer arrived today. Have to order a new brewvision for it since the one in the old keggle is too short; a brewbuddy of mine will be getting it with the old keggle. Currently heating up some water to boil it out, super happy with this purchase. Not the heavy-duty SS but it will be fine for the HLT. And it's shiny!! I love shiny stuff!!!

20220512_170015[1].jpg

I just cobbled together a triple from a dual and single secondary regulators. Nice to see that you've received all 30 psi gauges as I have two 60's and one 100 which are harder to dial in.

I also see he very thoughtfully added the cupped washer for the shutoff valve flare fitting. They are a real PITA to fetch out of the bottom of a keezer so if you hadn't considered it, and it looks like you are going with ptc fittings, you may want to put the flare to ptc fitting on before mounting the regulators.
I'm taking the MFL duotight fittings off the current manifold and putting on this (I have extra in case one decides it wants to break). I figured it was time to finally cry and buy these and get it over with.. 🤣

No snailmail delivery again today. Ordered a blichman power controller several months ago. I have received messages advising me of delays in shipment from the manufacturer from time to time but no delivery. Yesterday they sent an email advising me the order has now been canceled entirely by the manufacturer as they can not build the units due to component shortages. Between October of last year and May of this year you would think they could produce a simple power controller. That controller was exactly what I needed to complete my conversion to all electric brewing. I've also been relocating, moved twice during the exact time frame so I haven't been able to brew anyway. But I'm now in the new house. The new 20x20 brew room/bar is coming together and I'll simply find an alternative controller or do it manually.

Back