What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3DCF791A-34C1-4667-BA0E-CDEB5E4C16FB.jpeg
German and Polish hops and K sorbate.

Actually arrived yesterday, but got my Sierra Nevada clone kit. Might be brew day tomorrow.

View attachment 744679

we can be brew buddies! :mug: i strangley got another package from a different FedEx truck today....weird but, @Stormcrow if you didn't take me seriously! i only had 19lbs of whole barley for malting so i ended short for a 10 gallon batch for my usual OG of 1.060....only got ~16lbs of malt, but YEAH BABY, problem solved! brew day tomorrow for sure! :mug: :mug:

1633459164166.png

thinking that box of flakes, and 8oz of chocolate malt...should be interesting!

A game gambrel, some carabiners, and a ratchet pulley with 3/8" rope from Amazon. Making a gantry to help me lift fermenters in and out of my chest freezer ferm chamber. I had added a 6" collar to the freezer, making it even harder to reach in and lift.

Hoping this will take a load off my back.

@bracconiere wash that table dude

that stuff don't come off.....but thanks for the words of support! :mug: (similar got my stove top fairly clean, and i've brewed 3-4 times since, and keeping it that way! 🤗)

speaking of which, i need an angle grinder, don't they sell like sorta scrubbing pads that are nylon or something for them?

we can be brew buddies! :mug: i strangley got another package from a different FedEx truck today....weird but, @Stormcrow if you didn't take me seriously! i only had 19lbs of whole barley for malting so i ended short for a 10 gallon batch for my usual OG of 1.060....only got ~16lbs of malt, but YEAH BABY, problem solved! brew day tomorrow for sure! :mug: :mug:

View attachment 744680

Doesn't that box of flakes have preservatives in it ?

A game gambrel, some carabiners, and a ratchet pulley with 3/8" rope from Amazon. Making a gantry to help me lift fermenters in and out of my chest freezer ferm chamber. I had added a 6" collar to the freezer, making it even harder to reach in and lift.

Hoping this will take a load off my back.
I plan on getting a gambrel too, for the same reason as you. I used 2x10's for my collar though. I like the idea of a ratcheting pulley. I've got one for assisting when lifting my grain bag out of my kettle.

I plan on getting a gambrel too, for the same reason as you. I used 2x10's for my collar though. I like the idea of a ratcheting pulley. I've got one for assisting when lifting my grain bag out of my kettle.

I have a couple of those ratchet pulleys for BIAB (Wilserbrewer), but they're only rated at about 75 lbs, IIRC. Wouldn't want it to let loose my Brew Bucket full of beer, so I ordered the 250 lb. version on Amazon.

View attachment 744680

:p Woo hoo! Hope it turns out good for you. My brother (who seems to hate everything else I brew) was just telling me earlier today how much he was looking forward to getting some more of that beer. He says it's really good....His favorite beer is Michelob Ultra though.

Last edited:
His favorite beer is Michelob Ultra though.

you know, being that i got into brewing when i was 18, i don't think i've ever had a michellob....and only one budweiser, and maybe two coors....but have had quite a bit of miller products. but only because it was easier then bottling from a keg! ;)

Finally bought myself some very nice black rubber rain boots to wear in the brewery from Amazon; feet are nice and warm this cold morning, and DRY. Too many times I've ruined socks and filthized (yes that's a word, I promise) slippers and shoes by getting random brewery crud on them. Will also be great for yardwork in the spring. Also I think they make me look sexy. Husband would disagree...on first look at them he said "they stink (brand new rubber, yes they do smell)" and "they're weird". Don't care, I like them. Calling them my brewing wellies.

Tapcooler counter pressure beer bottler and accessories ! Woohoo !!!! Now all I gotta do is clean the 5g, 3g, and 1.5g kegs...😒😒...the beer and keg lines..😒😒😒...the taps..😒😒😒, get the CO2 tank refilled tomorrow and transfer the beer Friday night. So I guess by this time next week it should be smooth flowing.View attachment 744116
I missed this post. I’ve been eyeing that apparatus and would love to hear what you think of it when you get a chance to use it. I’m thinking about putting it on my Christmas wishlist.

My new Brewzilla arrived today!

had been thinking of going electric from stovetop for a while now and was planning to do so in the new year. Saw that with shipping rates going up, inflation was starting to raise the price a fair amount so went looking for a deal. Found a place that still had them at a good price. Was able to get Brewzilla, jacket and whirlpool arm, shipping and taxes all for less than the new pre-tax price (of just the main unit) I was starting to see at other local retailers.

Gave it a quick run through with water and cleaning solution this afternoon, spent this evening planning its first brew. Going with a dunkles bock on Saturday, just have to pick up the yeast and hops for it tomorrow.

5532D352-B35F-4DD8-B46B-0320DFA6988B.jpeg

Technically yesterday, but was busy.

25kg Weyermann Pale Ale malt, 3kg CaraFoam, 1kg CaraAfra Type 3, some Citra and Southern Promise hops and some black bottle caps.

Courier dude took advantage of me having to meet him at a locked street gate to not haul the bag all the way to the house. Don't blame him. :p

What came in the mail? WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL?!? NOTHING!

After a quick trip from Central NY, my package of various camlock connectors and ball valves has been sitting in NJ for almost a week now! I'm just two hours up the road in CT!

Priority Mail, my Aunt Fanny.

1634323007702.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What came in the mail? WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL?!? NOTHING!

After a quick trip from Central NY, my package of various camlock connectors and ball valves has been sitting in NJ for almost a week now! I'm just two hours up the road in CT!

Priority Mail, my Aunt Fanny.

View attachment 745713
Nothing gets to CT without a fight! Happens to me all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back