What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@wilserbrewer sent out my new, custom bag that fits over the handles AND the bulkhead of the sparge assembly + QD super fast!
IMG_0160.JPG

Not today but yesterday. Got a big order from RiteBrew. Dry yeast (8 packs), liquid yeast (just 2), 40# Maris Otter, some rye malt, and a couple of other items.

Last edited:
Also not today but yesterday, restocked the yeast supply with 3 packs of S23 and 5 packs of Nottingham from Amazon. Their prices just cannot be beat; less than $40 for 8 packets of yeast? With really good (as in late 2023 for both) dating? I do like to support my LHBS's, but both are +45 minutes away, and what with 11+ hour workdays including Saturdays, I just can't get there as often as I'd like.

Order from Yakima came today - 1 lb of Cascade and 10 mL hop shot. But…they sent 150 g of hop extract. I opened package and there was a can and I thought the syringe was in the can but, nope, pure hop extract. Now the can is open can’t close it, so transferred to a container and store in the freezer. Figure I can get a syringe from work and use 10 mL aliquots. Anyone use or have this much hop extract before?
98E854B3-C833-445A-AD07-2B536E284133.jpeg
CBAD7B70-7873-4E58-9102-EB4300FD870E.jpeg

45lbshops.jpg

i got 44lbs crystal hops, and a extra lb of beluma something 90? sweet! i can use the beluma which says it's 9.9%AA, and the crystal is 2017 4%....don't know why the other bag is puffed up...but it be about as good, as when i worked with a girl with hop farmers in idaho, that gave me 4-5 garbage bags full every year.....i miss that woman!

@Sammy86 just got these, plastic bottles man! we're birds of a feather! i'm going to throw the ones with the mr. beer labels in the food fridge for tomorrow, and the two keg carbed ones in the hop freezer above my kegs for in a few hours.....thinking i'll pour them when they hit 42f or so.....

sammysbeer.jpg

is that a BIAB thing, or a hop thing? ;)

edit: or maybe steeping grains? mini mash? i gotta know!

edit 2: i have no idea where that other quote came from?
It’s for hops in the kettle either during the boil or flame out. But I could add it to my kettle while I’m mashing in with the BIAB and put my sous vide in it and not worry about the grains clogging it.
So it would have multiple uses.
My intention is to get away from using hop bags during the boil & FO because I hate emptying and cleaning them afterwards.
Yeah where did that other quote come from? Haha

Shiny new 7.5 gal brew kettle from Homebrew supply.com. Caught it on sale for $24.95. Basic, only comes with a weldless bulkhead but I'll drill for a thermometer. Also no gallon markings , I may etch or not depends. I wanted it more as a HLT than a brew pot but why not ? Off topic, also got my 2nd ZWO ASI120MM planetary cam. TOYS !!!
20210702_200035.jpg
20210702_202249.jpg

Back