What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5097.jpg

Looking forward to giving Mecca Grade malt a try and restocked some go-to hops.

I've dreamed of getting one of those barrels to use as a solera but I seriously doubt I'd be able to keep up with it. My club did buy a 55 gallon bourbon barrel. 11 of us each brewed 5 gallons of the same barleywine recipe, mixed them all together, aged for 10 months, then split back out. The club president built a little air conditioned room in his garage to store it at 60F for us, which was a huge expense for him, but the beer was amazing!

got my new Taprite secondary regulator for the basement Kegerator. This way I can use my 20lb CO2 bottle for serving, force carbonation, low pressure transfers and purging.
Taprite T1672ST.jpg

A bunch of minor stuff from Morebeer, including four 1-gallon glass jugs and a mini autosiphon for me to start 1 gal cider batches. Interestingly, MB offers boxes of four jugs, but it doesn't count toward free shipping. But you can order as many individual jugs as you want and they ship free, which is what I did. When I received my order, the jugs were packaged in a box of 4 anyway. Go figure.

Nothing came in the mail but I did go to home Depot and then custom make a couple of whirlpool arms for my kettle. Each out of a foot of 1/2" copper tubing a couple of elbows, a 45° and a NTP adapter.

Attachments

• 20190601_125758.jpg
    20190601_125758.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 88
@jimyson Doug had a bad day. Must have played soccer with this thing! Or pissed off by the bottle of rocks :) All packages arrived fine tho.

Most of all happy on trying the surprise package of coffee. His last batch was awesome.

I tried the rheumetism medicine #1 bottle and rubbed the spring tonic on my bad knee. It's like new!

Can't wait to dig into these!
IMG_20190605_202609.jpeg
IMG_20190605_203352.jpeg

Last edited:
@jimyson Doug had a bad day. Must have played soccer with this thing! Or pissed off by the bottle of rocks [emoji4] All packages arrived fine tho.

Most of all happy on trying the surprise package of coffee. His last batch was awesome.

I tried the rheumetism medicine #1 bottle and rubbed the spring tonic on my bad knee. It's like new!

Can't wait to dig into these!View attachment 629961View attachment 629962

Woah, I can’t believe it all made it looking like that. Hard not to see he cans with the box wide open.

Ah yes, #1. That was the knob creek 15 year single barrel select. I thought you would get a kick out of that one. Use those nuts to tie up those joints.

IMG_3335.JPG

The coffee was a split batch between you and buckinin and is a blend of Colombia, Costa Rica, Uganda, and Ethiopia. I hope you enjoy it.

Looks nice! I’ve been on the fence about trying them out. The only problem I have is, I can get a lot of the beers they offer through members here by trading.
Do you feel like it’s worth it? I’m really one the fence to give it a go or not at least once.
We seem to only place an order about once or twice a year. They seem to have a lot of average to slightly above average beers, and occasionally offer some really good beers.

Pros: Flat rate shipping, I think around $14, (it's the same if you order 1 beer or 51 beers). Phone app makes ordering easy. A lot of the beers offered I can't get locally. No minimums. Order what you want, when you want.

Cons: As mentioned, often times average beers. Beers are a bit expensive. Shipping company used is often hard to coordinate with....must be home to sign for the shipment.

I've been tempted to join in on some of the trading threads here but the thought of shipping costs keeps me from doing so. For instance I shipped 6 or 8 beers recently to a friend and I think it cost over $30 for UPS ground. Whereas today I received 25 beers for $14.

I've been tempted to join in on some of the trading threads here but the thought of shipping costs keeps me from doing so. For instance I shipped 6 or 8 beers recently to a friend and I think it cost over $30 for UPS ground. Whereas today I received 25 beers for $14.

Your $30 shipment could've been $20 through USPS and arrived in two days, for what that's worth. Otherwise, trading on here has been one of the highlights of my forum(s) life (and I'm on a LOT of them).

Your $30 shipment could've been $20 through USPS and arrived in two days, for what that's worth. Otherwise, trading on here has been one of the highlights of my forum(s) life (and I'm on a LOT of them).
Isn't it illegal to ship alcohol via USPS, vs merely against policy with ups/fedex?

Back