What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An Auber Instruments temp controller setup for my WSM smoker and, from the same, a PID controller + SSR + heat sink for water heating control.

3 Hop Rhizomes. Willamette, Tettnang, and Ultra. Probably won't harvest them this year, Going to give the plants a chance to grow this season and harvest them at the end of the next. SWMBO has the green thumb, so she'll be helping out the most in for the growing process. Plus I know an herbalist who grows many different types of herbs and plants, and can always be called on for assistance if needed.

Not directly brewing related but ... Weber genesis

image.jpg

Not directly brewing related but ... Weber genesis

I have one of those... the grill not the kid. Well i kind of sorta have a kid, the GF does. Anyways, that grill is great, Has given me 3 years of service with only scraping the grates in between sessions. I do suggest a cover for the winter and the thermometer is not the best. Actually my thermometer quit working a month back.

If I am cooking pork I like to keep the back burner on low and set a chunk of apple wood on the grates.

Just ordered Williams Brewing Oxygenation system. Ordered an air pump on the side.

Doing my first BIAB brew next week and going to Oxygenate it as well. Time to graduate as a rookie to junior/senior level. I'm tired of these 1.20-1.30 beers.

A free 15 gallon brewpot, cause the last one had a leaking solder. The vendor told me to keep it and sent me another one (not leaking!) My cousin fixed the first one and now I have two brand new 15 gallon SS brew pots! Yay!

So, is that safe to ferment in? How much will it hold???

Ha! Well, it's food safe, the yeast aren't going to do anything to it the cheez balls didn't. It might be PET.

Of course, you could just get a bucket, but if you insist on a living lava lamp...

Two brewing catalogs: Midwest and northern brewer. Good reading for later!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Got these bad boys in today can not wait to break them in 44 qt bayou kettle and a bayou floor burner ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398833103.076656.jpg

This came in the mail! And by that, I mean my site-to-store with Walmart came in!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398902480.154991.jpg

I'm ready for some full-boils and no kitchen mess to worry about!

That's similar to the kit I started out with. Go ahead and get some FermCap; you will have slight boil overs if you aren't super careful without it. Mine is now my HLT, with a keggle to boil in.

That's similar to the kit I started out with. Go ahead and get some FermCap; you will have slight boil overs if you aren't super careful without it. Mine is now my HLT, with a keggle to boil in.

I'm planning on doing some 2.5-3 gallon BIAB batches to get my feet wet! But yes, I've heard great things about fermcaps!

Also, I just ordered a digital kitchen scale! Pretty excited for that! It should be here on Friday, just in time for bottling day!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back